Stayed for my partners Birthday on Sat 11th of January - Check in was quick and efficient, and was offered a King bed rather than booked twin (only option showing under Hilton points) which was a nice touch. However as a Diamond member the Hilton promise is to try and get members to the Executive floor but this didn't happen. (Upon check-in they were selling Executive rooms, so not sure if they missed the fact we were Diamond members, or all the executive rooms had sold out between the cafe where I surfed and checking in 30 minutes later!)
Staff were outstanding at all interaction points. Main areas looked bright, modern and inviting.
Room was nice but we had a view (facing North, approx above the main entrance) of a building site and despite being on the 10th floor the windows did not keep out the noise of that or the M8 spur road. The room was cold, heating turned up full for 3 hours saw no temperature rise. Requested it be looked at and it was. That night we had a warm room, but the air was stale and dry (windows can't open for fresh air) so now I am nursing a chest infection :-(
The executive lounge was excellent. We had a lovely afternoon tea, pre dinner drinks and a lovely breakfast in the morning. Faultless.
Pool was fab for my 2 year old as well as Mum/Dad. Let down by zero heating in male (and I assume female) changing areas. The labels/indicators for on/off and hot/cold were missing from the pool shower taps - As a first time guest (as would be the case for many) meant guessing at a) how to turn the shower on/off (no big deal) b) being scalded by choosing the wrong direction from tepid - worse my 2 year old was with me and could have been hurt, but as I wasn't sure it was only me that got the hot water, thankfully. In the main changing room the show I was in (first on the left) had not knob on the show on/off - so I had to press a metal stub rather than a chrome button, again no big deal just shoddy. When I went to change the bench had dirty trainer marks on it so I a) wouldn't sit down to dry/change b) ended up using my towel to put on the floor as it too was close to filthy. it is obvious that with outdoor shoes and water the tiles will show dirt quickly as do the benches if guests choose to be lax. (Why should you be on your best behavior when you are out to relax may be a reasonable view point) It wouldn't have taken much for a cleaner to be on duty to ensure it was clean - This is not the first comment I have heard form others that have stayed here and used the facilities, so I wasn't expecting more. Whilst in the pool staff offered us drinking water which was a really touch - Now nursing a chest infection I am not sure it might be because the air conditioning is perhaps not operating in an optimal manner.
Would I return again - Not if the experience was repeated. To that end I am off to look for another option for this Saturday night in Glasgow as we have a special 50th Birthday celebration :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Prestigia, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland