“Lovely hotel in Glasgow”
Review of Hilton Glasgow

Hilton Glasgow
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Booked this hotel as a spur of the moment thing, on the morning of the day we stayed. Got it for 12000 hilton points and £32 as opposed to the £129 it was advertised for.

Lobby was beautiful, front desk staff were efficient. Room was lovely - spacious with an armchair, desk, tv, tea & coffee facilities, iron with ironing board, mini bar and a Large spacious bathroom.

Went for a swim in the leisure centre, pool was quite small but sufficient for a swim. Also had a gym, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room. Only complaint here was changing rooms were tiny and also very dirty when I went in on the Sunday afternoon - muddy footprints in and around the showers etc.

Was £20 each to add breakfast and £15 for the wifi - both a bit steep in my opinion!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonGlasgow, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear abi_sloan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback for our Hilton HHonors members.

I have noted your comments regarding the changing rooms and shared your feedback with our LivingWell Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel
Best breakfast ever
Meal ok
Pool freezing jacuzzi smashing but overcrowded
Changing rooms dirty
Worst haircut in the salon that I've ever had
Staff on reception brilliant and couldn't do enough for you.
Room fab, beds comfy
very high up with motorway views!

Stayed: January 2014
HiltonGlasgow, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Moodl,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

While I am happy to hear your feedback on your fab room, best breakfast ever and our brilliant reception staff, I see there were some areas mentioned in your review that prevented you from having an overall positive experience with us.

I have shared your comments regarding the pool area and changing rooms with our Living Well Health Club Manager who will include your feedback as part of their on-going assessment of facilities.

I am sorry to hear of your experience in the Hair Spa and I have shared your review with our Ocean Rooms Spa Manager who would be happy to discuss your review further.

If you wish to do so please contact Demilee 0141 248 8372 or email demilee@theoceanrooms.com
We do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Glasgow in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Great staff - all friendly, helpful and efficient. Printed boarding passes for return journey and very helpful concierge.

The room however was disappointing - cracked sink, hair grip on bathroom floor ( neither myself or my sister use them), no biscuits on hospitality tray and dirty, in need of replacement, menu in room.

Overall the stay was ok.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear JaneHDerbyshire_UK,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

It’s great to hear you found our staff friendly, helpful and efficient, however I am sorry to read you found you room disappointing.

It is unacceptable to have found your room in the condition you mentioned and I have since spoken with our Head Housekeeper to review the areas detailed in your feedback and can confirm that procedures are in place to ensure that our guests receive the best possible service during their stay and we will certainly include your feedback as part of our on-going customer service training.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and allow us the opportunity to show case the level of quality you would expect.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stay in hotels most weeks on business and this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The hotel is smart, well appointed, and clean. The bedrooms really are of an excellent standard - very spacious, well equipped, and superbly detailed/finished - in London this would be a five-star luxury hotel. I was on the sixteenth floor and the views from my bedroom window were fabulous. Rooms are secluded in relatively small corridors, and isolated from the lift lobby, and so are quiet and relaxing. Room air conditioning works very well. The staff are extremely friendly and attentive. The restaurant and bar prices are a little steep, but food was of a high standard. Wireless internet access is ridiculously overpriced, though, which I find to be the most significant fault with this hotel.

Room Tip: High rooms potentially have great views, depending upon the direction they face.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
LisaLaverty, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear tigxytigxy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

It is always a pleasure to share positive reviews with our team. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stay at Hiltons a LOT, I'm a Diamond "member" . They are usually super. (See my other reviews)
The Glasgow Hilton frankly isn't
The service is awful, the executive lounge the worst I know, check in a real mess. I could rant on, but I think my title sums it up.
There's loads of much cheaper, better hotels in Glasgow, stay elsewhere

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear BCraigD,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us.

While we regret to learn that you have a different choice of hotel in mind for your future stays, I hope you will consider us again. We would very much look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of product and service you have every right to expect from Hilton.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss your review further.

Kindest Regards,
Business Development Department
0141 204 5555
sales.glasgow@hilton.com

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed for my partners Birthday on Sat 11th of January - Check in was quick and efficient, and was offered a King bed rather than booked twin (only option showing under Hilton points) which was a nice touch. However as a Diamond member the Hilton promise is to try and get members to the Executive floor but this didn't happen. (Upon check-in they were selling Executive rooms, so not sure if they missed the fact we were Diamond members, or all the executive rooms had sold out between the cafe where I surfed and checking in 30 minutes later!)

Staff were outstanding at all interaction points. Main areas looked bright, modern and inviting.

Room was nice but we had a view (facing North, approx above the main entrance) of a building site and despite being on the 10th floor the windows did not keep out the noise of that or the M8 spur road. The room was cold, heating turned up full for 3 hours saw no temperature rise. Requested it be looked at and it was. That night we had a warm room, but the air was stale and dry (windows can't open for fresh air) so now I am nursing a chest infection :-(

The executive lounge was excellent. We had a lovely afternoon tea, pre dinner drinks and a lovely breakfast in the morning. Faultless.

Pool was fab for my 2 year old as well as Mum/Dad. Let down by zero heating in male (and I assume female) changing areas. The labels/indicators for on/off and hot/cold were missing from the pool shower taps - As a first time guest (as would be the case for many) meant guessing at a) how to turn the shower on/off (no big deal) b) being scalded by choosing the wrong direction from tepid - worse my 2 year old was with me and could have been hurt, but as I wasn't sure it was only me that got the hot water, thankfully. In the main changing room the show I was in (first on the left) had not knob on the show on/off - so I had to press a metal stub rather than a chrome button, again no big deal just shoddy. When I went to change the bench had dirty trainer marks on it so I a) wouldn't sit down to dry/change b) ended up using my towel to put on the floor as it too was close to filthy. it is obvious that with outdoor shoes and water the tiles will show dirt quickly as do the benches if guests choose to be lax. (Why should you be on your best behavior when you are out to relax may be a reasonable view point) It wouldn't have taken much for a cleaner to be on duty to ensure it was clean - This is not the first comment I have heard form others that have stayed here and used the facilities, so I wasn't expecting more. Whilst in the pool staff offered us drinking water which was a really touch - Now nursing a chest infection I am not sure it might be because the air conditioning is perhaps not operating in an optimal manner.

Would I return again - Not if the experience was repeated. To that end I am off to look for another option for this Saturday night in Glasgow as we have a special 50th Birthday celebration :-)

Room Tip: Go for an executive room to get lounge access or if Diamond try and get the top floors for the view...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear AngusJ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I have noted your comments and shared with our team.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

After busy Christmas and new year, back to grind of school runs and work last week.... A cheeky night was needed. Having requested a high floor over looking the river rather than the office buildings to the front of the hotel..... All was granted! Booked a queen family room for 2 adults the room was lovely, big bed, Egyptian cotton bedding, large bathroom with fluffy big bath sheets. Room spotless, check in, bar staff leisure staff helpful. Despite the rain being on the 17th floor was amazing. Didn't eat in hotel this time went out on return I wanted a cocktail the barman knew exactly what a caipirinha was and asked if if wanted it British style or properly..... Impressive was a very good one.
Breakfast was excellent and varied selection haggis, black pudding etc. delicious. Used the pool this morning and enjoyed the steam, sauna, and jacuzzi.
My only quibble was that wi fi is not free unless you are in reception and some how they manage to disable the 3G on phone so you either have to sit in reception or pay to use in your room. Minor I know but still we needed to use iPad. Other than that it was just what doctor ordered for a wet Monday night in January! Definitely going back

Room Tip: Ask for high floor overlooking the river
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
LisaLaverty, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear deborah P,

Thank you for your great review of Hilton Glasgow.

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your Queen room and the views and appreciate your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.