“Outstanding AGAIN!”

Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Belfast
“Outstanding AGAIN!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is my second review of this hotel. Despite being a keen Tripadvisor reviewer I rarely review anything or anywhere twice. This hotel however is more than worth the effort in doing so. In my last review I said that "this Hilton stands out from the rest of the brand. I found the staff to be very approachable, friendly and willing to spend time with guests. They injected a very hospitable and human element into my wife and my stay. " I mentioned two members of staff in particular who made our so enjoyable. In a repeat I found a further two different members of staff who did the same thing this time round. Gillian on reception and Janine in the Executive Lounge. It goes to show that there is consistency in the high standard of management and delivery of service in this particular hotel. We met a couple in the lounge who have been there 6 times in 6 months so there is a recommendation and a half in itself. Great rooms, comfy beds and a superb breakfast. Couldn't recommend it enough for business or a weekend away. Yet again I can unreservedly recommend this hotel for its comfort, facilities, location and its friendly, welcoming staff. It really doesn't cost a lot more to enjoy the experience of this luxury hotel instead of the nearby budget brands.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth the extra
Dear bjayyy,

Thank you for the great review of your stay at Hilton Glasgow, we really appreciate your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Lisa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Turkish first
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I use this hotel fairly frequently and service here is impeccable, all staff are friendly and helpful and I must say special thanks to the bartender at last visit who made us some wonderful cocktails! Usually pay extra to stay in executive room and although I would still recommend this, due to the changes they have made with only serving beer and wine, no afternoon tea Monday to Friday and horderves not as good in evening I certainly don't think it's as good for your money as it was which is a shame. My only other negative is the pool needed a good clean there was a lot of grit on the pool floor. Saying this enjoyed my visit and have already booked my next stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Laura L
Dear Laura L,

Thank you for your great review of Hilton Glasgow.

It's always a pleasure to share great feedback with our team , so pleased you enjoyed.

We look forward to your next visit.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Hilton Glasgow is a walk away from the Glasgow Central train station, the centre of town and the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum.
The staff at the hotel are extremely kind and helpful. The rooms are as expected from this star hotel. The view from the 17th floor is well worth the extra £30 for an upgrade.
The breakfasts include an excellent choice of food however the porridge which is made as a large amount is not kept hot enough to apply cold cream, as then it is only just tepid, and sadly there are 2 of the 'do it yourself ' dreaded toasters. Which caused so much waiting and disquiet that the breakfast was cool when you managed to return to it.
Room service was satisfactory and the greek salad was well presented and a good healthy option. However a small bottle of Champagne from the mini bar was a little over priced at £19.95.
I know times are hard but it is a sad relfection that the Hilton (and I have been to a few) cannot provide a biscuit to have with the tea and coffee facilities and free WI FI.
I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank valerieM904
Dear valerieM904,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear of your enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Just back from a one night stay . Had double double deluxe room for family of 4 . Couldn't fault hotel. Very spacious, airy and clean. Staff very friendly and efficient. Food good. Lewis at the bar made us some great cocktails . Hope to return soon.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
HiltonGlasgow, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Audrey S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your one night stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and would also like to thank you for mentioning Lewis personally. We have an internal recognition programme and it is always great to be able to highlight and reward team members specifically.

I am also delighted to hear that you hope to return soon and we look forward to your next visit.

Taif, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Usual good service and nice clean well stocked rooms. stayed in executive suite with access to lounge, disappointed as choice of drinks have diminished and food not the same as past years cost cutting maybe??

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Robbie G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

It’s great to read your comments on our good service and well stocked rooms.

I have noted your feedback regarding the Executive Lounge. We are consistently reviewing the products and services we offer to our guest and I will certainly pass on your feedback to our Food and Beverage Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Booked this hotel as a spur of the moment thing, on the morning of the day we stayed. Got it for 12000 hilton points and £32 as opposed to the £129 it was advertised for.

Lobby was beautiful, front desk staff were efficient. Room was lovely - spacious with an armchair, desk, tv, tea & coffee facilities, iron with ironing board, mini bar and a Large spacious bathroom.

Went for a swim in the leisure centre, pool was quite small but sufficient for a swim. Also had a gym, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room. Only complaint here was changing rooms were tiny and also very dirty when I went in on the Sunday afternoon - muddy footprints in and around the showers etc.

Was £20 each to add breakfast and £15 for the wifi - both a bit steep in my opinion!

Dear abi_sloan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback for our Hilton HHonors members.

I have noted your comments regarding the changing rooms and shared your feedback with our LivingWell Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel
Best breakfast ever
Meal ok
Pool freezing jacuzzi smashing but overcrowded
Changing rooms dirty
Worst haircut in the salon that I've ever had
Staff on reception brilliant and couldn't do enough for you.
Room fab, beds comfy
very high up with motorway views!

Stayed January 2014
HiltonGlasgow, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Moodl,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

While I am happy to hear your feedback on your fab room, best breakfast ever and our brilliant reception staff, I see there were some areas mentioned in your review that prevented you from having an overall positive experience with us.

I have shared your comments regarding the pool area and changing rooms with our Living Well Health Club Manager who will include your feedback as part of their on-going assessment of facilities.

I am sorry to hear of your experience in the Hair Spa and I have shared your review with our Ocean Rooms Spa Manager who would be happy to discuss your review further.

If you wish to do so please contact Demilee 0141 248 8372 or email demilee@theoceanrooms.com
We do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Glasgow in the future.