Hotel was really nice, staff really friendly but it just didn't have that 5 star wow factor.
Check in was friendly but very rushed, I appreciate a fast check in but wasn't given the chance to take in times and directions.
The room was a queen room, lovely bedroom felt recently redecorated, nice features and bed but what really annoyed me was no plug sockets next to bed!!! I'd expect at least 1 on each side these days.
Bathroom felt very dated and had a few faults - the mirror was old and not an electric no mist one which a lot of hotels have and I'd expect in all 5 star. The toilet flush bounced off the too of the cistern, every time you flushed it either didn't flush right or it bounced the lid. Shower was awesome power and heat wise but the bath had a nasty chip in it, the drain in it was very slow draining - post shower the water was past my ankles...
Can't comment on the leisure facilities as we didn't use them but the bar opposite reception was lovely, nice atmosphere and staff were fantastic, a special mention to Holly for her expertise in cocktail making!
Breakfast was lovely, very wide selection, fresh and tasty!
Overall a really lovely time but just didn't have that 5 star perfection I'd be expecting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland