“Executive Lounge dropped floors and in standard”
Review of Hilton Glasgow

Hilton Glasgow
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed for 1 night in March in an executive room (18th Floor) and room was first class. The lifts were quick and little or no waiting. Breakfast fwas air although it was "self service" canteen like. You made you own tea, coffee, toast and juice. Would have been nice to have had a least a pot of tea to your table.

The big disapointment was the executive lounge. This used to be on the upper levels of the hotel with lovely views over glasgow. Its now a room situated just past main reception and straight on past the hairdresser. It is window less and boring. The food is poor and of limited choice. The option of drinks available is also way short of what I would expcet from a Hilton Executive lounge. The staff were very nice and worked hard to clear tables but there is no table service. Its self service canteen style again- not relaxing at all.

All in all nice staff and good room - but a huge drop in quality since my last stay (big dissapointment)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Muthill17
HiltonGlasgow, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Muthill17,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

It’s great to hear of our nice staff and good room, however I am sorry that you were disappointed with the Executive Lounge offerings and have passed on your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager to include in our on-going review of products and services.

Regarding our breakfast service, our team are always more than happy to serve our guests tea and coffee to their table, should they prefer.

Thank you again for your feedback, I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Check in was fast and efficient. Got upgraded to an Executive room.

Room was in general nice, but somewhat dated as the table in the room had a lot of scratches as an example.

Internet worked fine being both stable and fairly fast.

Location of hotel is not directly downtown. Still it is walkable, but be prepared to walk 10-15 mins.

Hotel shows some signs of wear, could do with some refurbishing.

Had breakfast in the restaurant which was great. Had omelett to order being very good.

Staff was both attentive and service minded.

All in all a good stay and I would definetely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from main road as these are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Nicole J, Guest Relations Officer at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Mustapekka,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am happy to hear you had a good stay with us and enjoyed our Hilton Breakfast. We value your feedback regarding our rooms and this is an ongoing project. We vaule your feedback to help improve our guest experience.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Glasgow.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

stayed back in November 2013- hotel and staff were great. It was my first time in Scotland and the staff really made me feel at home with there great welcome and suggestions on things to do Hope I get to return

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Nicole T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in November.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and we made you feel at home. We appreciate your kind comments and hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Glasgow.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Having stayed in many hotels in the city and surrounding district, I would have to say that the Hilton Glasgow is without doubt the highest standard of accommodation in the area. Bedrooms and Bathrooms furnishings and fittings all good quality, lots of space and very clean. I would also reckon that the rooms have been recently refurbished and all have a 42 inch LG LED HD TV as standard. Due to a very bad hangover I didn't manage Breakfast, however I'd imagine that the Hilton breakfast would be up to it's usual high standard. Don't let the location put you off as it's honestly not far from the city centre (less than 10 mins walk from both Central Station and Sauchiehall Street nightlife) and less than £6.00 in a Taxi. All in all, if you get a decent price, then I'd advise to go for it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Kennedy W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

We really apreciate your great feedback and kind comments.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel was really nice, staff really friendly but it just didn't have that 5 star wow factor.

Check in was friendly but very rushed, I appreciate a fast check in but wasn't given the chance to take in times and directions.

The room was a queen room, lovely bedroom felt recently redecorated, nice features and bed but what really annoyed me was no plug sockets next to bed!!! I'd expect at least 1 on each side these days.

Bathroom felt very dated and had a few faults - the mirror was old and not an electric no mist one which a lot of hotels have and I'd expect in all 5 star. The toilet flush bounced off the too of the cistern, every time you flushed it either didn't flush right or it bounced the lid. Shower was awesome power and heat wise but the bath had a nasty chip in it, the drain in it was very slow draining - post shower the water was past my ankles...

Can't comment on the leisure facilities as we didn't use them but the bar opposite reception was lovely, nice atmosphere and staff were fantastic, a special mention to Holly for her expertise in cocktail making!

Breakfast was lovely, very wide selection, fresh and tasty!

Overall a really lovely time but just didn't have that 5 star perfection I'd be expecting.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arob87

Dear arob87,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am pleased to hear overall you enjoyed your time at the hotel, however I can see from your feedback that there were a number of areas where we have fallen short during your stay.

As with all Tripadvisor reviews your feedback has been shared with our Management team who will include your comments in our on-going review of products and services that we offer to our guests.

I am delighted to read your feedback regarding your lovely breakfast and our fantastic staff, in particular Holly. We have an internal recognition programme and it is always great to be able to highlight and reward team members specifically.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Glasgow in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Most of the negatives are from this hotel's US style of doing things. The rooms are unnecessarily large. I would rather they had smaller rooms, with smaller room rates, and a more luxurious bath. Internet is extra (£15!), which is shameful. Hilton refuse to live in the 21st century on this (as do several US hotels). The food is far to expensive. £25 for the lamb dish, with over-cooked potato rosti, is too much. Breakfast does not have fried eggs - scrambled eggs. Overall, absolutely fine if your work is paying, but bad value for a paying customer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear John Y ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We vaule your feedback and all your comments have been communicated to our management team .

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel is decent, but it just doesn't compare to other 5 star hotels in the area. The staff were all very nice and helpful from the beginning to the end of our stay. Our room was ok, large bed, however what really grates me is no plugs by the bed. So the alarm clock radio and phone chargers are across the room. Some of the decor was tired looking e.g. peeling paper on the walls. We ate on the first night and the meal was nice but it too far too long to come. However we were appeased by a glass of rioja on the house. The breakfast is really good, despite it being a busy hotel there always seems to be room and there was never any long queuing times. I did expect to see a menu however with cooked options, e.g. eggs benedict, omelettes and the likes. We used the leisure facilities which were ok but the changing areas did really need a clean. Also there were refreshments around the pool but no glasses to serve the water in. What was a let down was having a shower after a swim and there to be only one plastic tub of shower gel/shampoo/conditioner. A 5 star hotel in my opinion should offer these separately. I used the hair salon and was most pleased with my haircut and the lovely hairdresser however the seats that clients have to sit in are ridiculous. They are not hairdresser seats that go up and down and the hairdressers are expected to bend right down to cut your hair, surely this must be bad for health and safety and should be addressed? I also had to stand up for some of my cut so that the hairdresser could cut it properly. I really hope they get better seats to make it a more comfortable experience for all! We found the internet connection to be unreliable and whilst the complimentary access was welcome, it would have been better if it had worked for more than a few minutes at a time. The location is good and town is easily accessible as is the beginning of the west end.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonGlasgow, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear massie-le,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

It’s great to read of our nice and helpful staff, good breakfast and location.

I have shared your comments regarding the room wallpaper with our Maintenance Manager who will include in our on-going remedial works.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal however sorry that it took longer than you expected.

Our breakfast chefs are always more than happy to offer alternative dishes like eggs benedict and omelettes should our guest’s request this.

I have also shared your feedback regarding the pool and hair salon with our Livingwell Manager and The Ocean Rooms Spa Manager to include as part of their on-going review of products and services offered to our guests.

Thank you again for sharing, we would very much look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,