“Not nice”

Ranked #30 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Not nice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

The area around the hotel is grim and does not feel safe at all to leave the safety of the hotel.

The reception area is beautiful and welcoming that sadly stops as soon as checking in has happened. The room was booked as a twin for a friend and I but was a double and a manky sofa bed - first complaint made. We were then given another room which was a twin but had the saddest view ever known to man. So we thought we'd try the spa, well this may have been oversold as a spa as it was more of a dungeon in the basement. No children control, loungers booked by selfish people leaving their towels there and at one point I'm sure I saw an iceberg it was that cold. To me spa's are warm, welcoming, spacious and relaxing. This was none of those things.

You may also need a loan for the car park and bar (£22 for 2 medium glasses of wine!)

I would not ever stay here again, Hilton you are going downhill - sad, very sad.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else for a better room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear TravellerBusinessDGB,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am so very sorry to read that your impression of our hotel was not a positive one.

We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us.

Your feedback regarding your bedroom and the Spa has been shared with our management team to include as part of our on-going review of services and products offered to our guests to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future.

I have also noted your comments regarding the car park and bar.

I do hope you will consider us again. We would very much look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of product and service you have every right to expect from Hilton Glasgow.

Thank you again for sharing.

Lisa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Turkish first
wick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

need to upgrade bathrooms toilet bad flushing shower out of date old sinks, mini bar very expensive. staff very helpful food ok location good, but holiday inn give better deals and have really good showers in the Edinburgh west.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear John S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

While I am happy to hear your feedback on our helpful staff and good location, I see there were some areas mentioned in your review that prevented you from having an overall positive experience with us.
Your feedback has been shared with our management team and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

mcdonough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I loved this hotel. The staff were extremely nice right from the beginning. The beds were really comfortable, and made for a good nights sleep. The room was spacious, and the location is pretty good, and is within walking distance to central station, and lots of other places I town. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear rex2r,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow and for awarding us full marks.

I am so pleased to read your kind comments and to hear you wished you could have stayed longer , it’s always a pleasure to share great reviews with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Turnberry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Arrived at the Hilton full of excitement... left feeling quite deflated. On arrival, the girl on reception seemed very uninterested and didn't seem to know what she was doing. Being a receptionist myself I was expecting to be asked for a credit card for any incidental charges which didn't happen - I don't know if I was expected just to offer it up (I of course know that taking a credit card for pre-authorisation is the norm but less frequent travellers may not.) On the plus side, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom (although basic) had everything you may need (But plastic shower curtains, really?!) - although my partner definitely couldn't fit in the bath. He's not massive, so beware, if you're even slightly larger than normal you've no chance! Also, we walked down from the train stat

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caity_x
Dear Caity_x,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

Our procedure is to ask for credit card details on arrival so that our guests may charge incidentals to their room, however I do apologise that this was not requested during your check-in. I have shared your feedback with our Reception Manager to ensure this procedure is reviewed with our reception team members.

Thank you again for sharing and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Having stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions I feel that it is letting it self down on a few points.
1. The use of the executive lounge No Gin , Whisky , Vodka. Or any other short. Not being a wine or beer drinker I could not obtain a Gin & tonic in the lounge. This must be a new practice as I have always had this available in all other Hilton executive lounges.
2. Breakfast I feel that the waitress/ waiter should ask if you would like tea or coffee & toast and have it delivered to your table, not having to get your own. This is new once again and is definitely a backward step.
The good points are this hotel is very central and the staff are all excellent. I will stay in this hotel again but do hope that management take heed to the points raised and act on them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear quakersyard,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

It’s great to hear you found our location central and staff excellent.

I have noted your feedback regarding the Executive Lounge offerings and have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager to include as part of our on-going review of products and services we offer our guests.

Regarding our breakfast service, our team are always more than happy to serve our guests tea and coffee to their table, should they prefer. Our coffee machines offer our guests a great range of fresh options from a cappuccino to double espresso and a wide selection of teas.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Hilton Glasgow has never let me down. Staff friendliness, helpfulness apparent throughout and this hotel still ranks as my favourite in the city. Treat yourself to Exec club, well worth it. Always worth asking for a high floor, West facing. Fantastic views, weather permitting off course.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kennedy C,

It’s great to hear we are your favourite hotel in the city and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in a queen family room with 2 double beds. Carpet filthy on arrival, housekeeping there within 5 minutes to re hoover. Hot tub not working during stay. pool was full of sand and grit on the bottom. nice breakfast and evening meal but overpriced with the lack of facilities.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank David M
Dear David M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your 2 night stay at Hilton Glasgow.

Your feedback has been shared with our management team to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future.

Thank you again for sharing.