This hotel is located right by the M8 in an industrial/business district. The surrounding is not very nice as it consists mainly of the motorway. The hotel itself is a modern and impersonal building that is not very inviting.
However, the lobby and reception area are quite nice. We were greeted by excellent reception staff and were offered a room upgrade to Executive King due to HHonors Gold Status. However we stayed with the Twin Guest Room that had a very nice interior but a horrible view and no possibility to open any windows. The Executive Lounge offers a decent selection of beverages and snacks, especially in the evenings (e.g. Kronenbourg 1664 beer and Fish&Chips or mushroom soup). There are no windows in the lounge and it is located in Ground Floor which is extremely disappointing.
The Health Club Facilites are very nice. The pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room alongside the showers and changing areas are clean and good to use. Goggles and swimming gear available for sale.
Breakfast in the restaurant (MORTONS) was simply excellent and has helped give the hotel the rating "4" instead of "3" in this review. The hotel had a fabulous selection of finest foods and offered omelets and other specialties from directly available chefs (open kitchen) including Smoked Haddock which was delicious and special. The staff member showing us to our table was very friendly and wanted to be reassured that he was doing a good job.
All in all this hotel is very nice from the inside but the location of the hotel and the location of the Executive Lounge within the hotel just drags it down.
We will maybe try the Hilton Grosvenor Hotel next time which is situated farther outside but definitely looks nicer and more personal. Please double-check the location and surrounding of this hotel before booking. If you are ok with it then you have made a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Priceline and Prestigia so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland