“Beware the adjoining door”
Review of Hilton Glasgow

Hilton Glasgow
Ranked #32 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Cheshire
“Beware the adjoining door”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We walked from the bus stop. It's not a pleasant walk through a dodgy area immediately behind the hotel that looks straight out of a Jack Reacher novel (the alternative was walking alongside the nearby motorway. The good news is you can walk into central Glasgow within ten minutes.

The inside of the hotel is nice enough. We were allocated a room on the 11th floor which was perfectly adequate. Our view took in the previously mentioned busy motorway but thankfully the soundproofing was excellent.

Ah. Soundproofing. Our neighbour in the adjoining room invited some ladies back at around 4am and I assure you there is next to no soundproofing through the adjoining door. They might as well have been sitting at the end of our bed.

The good news is when we spoke to reception they immediately upgraded us to an executive room. That was very kind. I did not think the executive room was THAT different to our standard room )no adjoining door thankfully).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with an adjoining door.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Squarebear99
LisaLaverty, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Squarebear99,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am sorry to read you felt the walk to the hotel was unpleasant , our Concierge team are always happy to help guests with directions to and from the hotel and can be contacted on 0141 204 5555.

On a positive note there is an on-going development opposite the hotel called the St Vincent Plaza, there are plans to build a public realm that will offer our guests an alternative pedestrian route to and from the hotel.

I am happy to hear that our reception team were able to offer you alternative accommodation during your stay.

Thank you again for sharing and I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Lisa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Turkish first
Forres, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed mid august booked 2 rooms on 18th floor one for ourselves and one for our teenage daughters. Have stayed a number of times before really noticed a difference rooms looking tired, chairs in executive lounge stained in fact the executive lounge disappointing no afternoon tea told we were too late it was 15:30. In the evening had to ask for clean glasses staff member had to finish whatever she was doing on her mobile phone before getting them. In fairness staff on reception very helpful and professional, room service excellent and nothing ever too much bother for connich bar staff thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sheenaallan
Dear sheenaanne,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to read your comments regarding our service in Connich Bar however I am sorry to hear your feedback regarding your room and the lack of service you received in our Executive Lounge.

I will certainly pass on your feedback to our Front of House Manager to review with our team as part of our on-going review of products and services that we offer to our guests.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Lisa
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel before and my most recent stay was not my best. Two of the three days we stayed I had to wash the in room cups before we could use them, remnants of the previous users beverage were still in the cup not to mention the cracks around the tops.

Bar service was was no better than ok and probably a little on the slow side.

As others have mentioned the WiFi situation is pretty poor, in the lobby the Hilton honors WiFi is passable but as soon as you are away from the public space WiFi all but disappears.

Staff are friendly and hospitable and the car parking on site is helpful, if tight.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy B
Nicole J, Guest Relations at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear Andy B ,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us was a disappointing one.

As you can imagine this is not the standard we strive to achieve at Hilton Glasgow. Your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room and the service at Connich bar have been passed onto the relevant departments to investigate.

If you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me on Nicole.Johnstone@hilton.com.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the furture.

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

The Hilton was recovering from what had obviously been a very busy time during the Commonwealth Games. The roads around it were closed (not the Hilton's fault) but getting to the hotel was extremely difficult. The road closures were cleared soon after my arrival.
The hotel was busy with people involved with the games, I even shared a lift with the President of Malawi. You don't get that sort of person in your lift every day!
I think that the Hilton is the best hotel in Glasgow, I have stayed there many times and the services and rooms are always very good or excellent.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor, away from the busy M8 which is right outside!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Steven J
Dear Steven J ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

I really appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

After a very successful Commonwealth Games it is great to receive such positive feedback from our guests.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton on your next visit to Glasgow.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

excellent as always this hotel has great amenities, modern feel and lovely rooms staff are always exceptionally helpful and friendly. I stay at a lot of Hiltons around the UK and this one is by far the best, most up to date and comfortable. The highlights of the hotel are the fitness centre and the food, even the room service is exceptional

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank lauren s
Dear lauren s,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

It is fantastic to hear how great your stay was and how much you enjoyed our hotels facilities in particular our Livingwell heath club and Room Service.

We really value your loyalty and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Had a pleasant two night stay booked with Hilton Honours Reward points.

The hotel, where we have stayed several times before, was of it's usual high standard with friendly and efficient staff, large, clean and well maintained rooms and public areas.

The food was excellent and we enjoyed a very nice meal in the restaurant complimented by friendly but not over fussy service followed by expertly mixed cocktails in the bar.

The one negative was that, having spent in excess of £300 in the hotel in the course of the two day stay breakfast was not made complimentary even when specifically enquired about.

I appreciate that the Hilton Honours points redemption stays are room only but this is only the second Hilton out of at least a couple of dozen that has not agreed to complimentary breakfast on the basis of a significant room stay and for that reason and that reason only I will be looking elsewhere when I next visit the great city of Glasgow which I do reasonably regularly.

It is a pity as a little flexibility would have generated much goodwill and some return business. Maybe a matter for consideration in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CGHW
Dear CGHW,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Hilton Glasgow.

I am happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed dining in Morblas restaurant.

I value your comments and your feedback regarding breakfast has been passed to our management team to review.

I would like to thank you again for choosing Hilton Glasgow and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stayed at the Hilton on Thursday evening – my first visit to the Hilton in Glasgow. Very easy to find and like most of the other Hiltons I have stayed in, a very impressive hotel.

Just after I checked in, I found that David Cameron was addressing a business dinner at the hotel that evening and demonstrators were beginning to assemble outside to protest about the independence campaign. I wondered if that would impact my stay, but the event and the demonstration in no way seemed to disrupt the smooth running of the hotel. The foyer was pretty busy later in the evening as I left to go out for dinner and one of the elevators was reserved for the event attendees, but that was not a problem.

I had decided to upgrade my room and ended up on the 20th floor, with a balcony which gave a great panoramic view of the city – well worth the additional 30 pounds it cost. Breakfast the next morning was the usual hot and cold buffet and quality was excellent. Staff could not have been friendlier or more efficient.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Doug B
Nicole J, Guest Relations Officer at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Doug B ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were able to take advantage of our Junior Balcony Suite. We really value your kind comments regarding our staff and your feedback has been shared with our team members.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.