“Fantastic Hotel Great Location - Would Definately Return”
Review of Hilton Glasgow

Hilton Glasgow
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 14 April 2010

We booked this hotel when the Hilton had a winter sale, and got a great deal on an executive room.
Check in was very quick and we were able to go straight to our room, even though it was before 3pm check in time.
The executive rooms are on the 18th - 20th floor, and we were allocated a room on floor 18, with views across Glasgow.
The room was equipped with a mini bar which was payable.
It had loads of wardrobe and shelf space, and complimentary toiletries in the bathroom with a lovely shower and bath. dressing gowns, and slippers, and a very large digital tv with good choice of channels. the bed was comfortable.
Breakfast was fantastic with loads of choice for all tastes, set us up for the whole day.
What made it for us was the executive lounge, where you could take breakfast if you wanted to, but we ate in the main restaurant, but there was internet access/t.v/newspapers and afternoon snacks and a great selection of drinks between 6 and 8 pm.
We had to change rooms due to an incident in the hotel and this was dealt with very professionally and the hotel provided us with a bottle of champagne which was a very nice gesture.
The spa facilities were very good with swimming pool/steam room/sauna and jacuzzi.
A special mention to Stefano in the main bar who was very entertaining and friendly.
Concierge exellent also.
Check out was excellent

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunsunsun19
DunblaneSales, Director of Sales at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2010

Thanks so much for such a detailed and complimentary review of your recent stay at Hilton Glasgow. I am delighted that you had a great experience with us and that you liked our Executive Lounge so much. I have passed on your comments about Stefano and he will be recognized for his customer service – thanks for highlighting this as it enables us to reward excellence.

We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon

Reviewed 28 March 2010

My husband & I had a couple of nights here as I was attending a conference. We were on the 8th floor looking onto the M8 but you hardly heard any traffice noise. We ate in the bar one night and went with the waitress recommendation, which was spot on. All the staff were extremely pleasant and a credit to the management but the best bit of our stay was the bed, it has to be the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, to the extent I stripped off all the sheets to see what make it was! I will be back.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
DunblaneSales, Director of Sales at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2010

Many thanks for taking time to review your recent stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the beds are the best around!

The team at the hotel look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2010

Hilton Glasgow is one of the best Hilton properties in the UK. It is a short walk from Central Station; once you get to the hotel you have to walk around the building to get to the entrance and it could do with some better signage – its obviously designed for those driving. The location is a little isolated and it’s a good 10 minutes walk to restaurants and shops; but then that’s not a problem because I really felt I had everything that I needed in the hotel.
Reception was quick and efficient on both check-in and check-out. As my room wasn’t quite ready I was offered access to the Executive Lounge whilst I waited – an opportunity to grab a welcome drink and sandwich.
The room was big with one of Hilton new large screen television with a good selection of channels. The bathroom looked a little date but everything worked well. The room safe was on the small side – not big enough for a laptop. And the view from the room (18th) floor was good looking out to the mountains beyond the city. The lighting was good and it was easy to go from a good level of lighting for work to a low-light to watch tv.
There is a large modern swimming pool and this was a great way to relax at the end of the working day.
The Executive Lounge suffers from having no outside windows and is rather dark in places. But that is the only criticism. The food and beverages were good through from breakfast, afternoon tea and canapés.
The restaurant looked good but gets very busy so I opted for room service. Food was promptly served, hot, tasty, good portions and well presented.
And having given all that praise, the one thing that really made my stay was the friendliness of the staff who always appeared to be going that extra mile to make sure I was getting everything out of my stay that I expected.
This is now the “definitely stay” place when I’m in Glasgow.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Thanks so much for providing such a detailed review of your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and on behalf of the whole team would like to thank you in particular for mentioning the positive and friendly attitude of the team members - we do try and go that extra mile!

I do hope you will be back soon

Reviewed 23 March 2010

Stayed here 3 nights. The room was spacious, spotless and had recently been refurbed. Service was very good, breakfast equally good, although we didn't dine in the restaurant in the evening. Spa facilities were well maintained. Most things were a 10/15 minute walk away, and a taxi usually cost less than £5 including a tip. Not the cheapest hotel by any means, but you certainly get what you pay for here.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking time to review your stay with us at Hilton Glasgow - it is much appreciated.

I am pleased that your enjoyed your time with us - we aim to satisfy the needs of all our valuable guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 21 March 2010

stayed her on Friday and Saturday night 9th and 20th March,

The room could have been a bit cleaner need to take a duster and hoover around the bedroom, it is a bit tired and worn to be honest.

Was impressed on check in,

my partner on the Saturday went to ask the Concierge about the walking time to the Kelvingrove gallery, she was astonished when she said her partner was familiar with the area only to be asked "do you mean your husband " to which she replied well my nearly husband, no we are not married but after a great 10 year we might give it some thought, I personally think the question was inappropriate and not relevant in any conversation, seeking directions

On check out we had 2 charges on our bill, 1 for the mini bar and 1 for the complimentary newspaper, both were removed without to much fuss by a quick call to reception following the express check out bill to our room, when i went to check we had no further charges, i was told you have nothing to pay, I asked about the car park and as quick as a flash the cost was added to my bill, so i did have something to pay, to be honest the receptionist on duty on Sunday morning was off hand and not in the slightest way warm or friendly, not ideal as a lasting impression.

We also experienced what seems to be the norm at weekends the usual drunken shouting in the corridors at 2am in the morning, people think drink is a suitable excuse for totally inappropriate behaviour and inconvenience to others.

The leisure facilities were excellent, as were the staff, the saving grace of this Hilton anyway.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stevokelly
Reviewed 18 March 2010

Average business hotel. Pleasant service, terrible views of the motorway.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2010

Stayed the night after a charity event at the hotel. I have to say I was pleasantly suprised with the price and what you got. I payed a slightly bit more and stayed in the executive rooms, these are big and lavish. With it included access to the executive lounge which is where you have breakfast and between 6pm-8pm free selection of light bites and alcohol. Having stayed at a few Hiltons this is by far the best. The staff and friendly and curtious. The rooms are spotless. The only downside is the parking, they charge you £10 a day to park which I think is a bit extreme considering you are paying to stay there! You are within 10 mins walking distance to Sauchiehall Street where there is plenty to eat and drink.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple