“Good - but breakfast should improve”
Review of Hilton Glasgow

Hilton Glasgow
Ranked #31 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Finland
“Good - but breakfast should improve”
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Stayed at the Hilton for two nights on a business trip.

Rooms are a bit small, but otherwise good.

Had to get to work early so I was having breakfast at opening time being 06.30. VERY disappointing that staff used next ten minutes to bring in items and chef was not present to cook omelettes etc to order. Chef showed up quarter to 7.

Not acceptable for this kind of hotel not to have breakfast ready on time.

Also disappointing that they do not offer WIFI for free.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Let's forget that they are dealing with a confirmed Norovirus, let us forget that they might be under a little stress and let us forgive them for not sending the normal Hilton notice when there is an issue so choices can be made prior to arrival and not at the front desk at check in, what is unforgivable is their attitude and miserable approach to customer service. In short you are made to feel lucky that you have a room in Glasgow and treated with so little consideration.

Anybody used to Hilton customer service will not find it here. In my opinion this is not the property to waste your time and money on. Speaking to management accomplishes nothing as they see no issue with the way you are treated here.

I travel internationally twice a year and usually stay with Hilton and I must admit that the customer service is terribly sub-par, so much so that it makes me question whether this property places the accounting over customer service.

My favorite response at check in after asking why we were not notified in advance about the 'suspected' norovirus "is this the first time to Glasgow?". This should shed light. Having been in Glasgow seven times I can say with all honesty I have never encountered such rude people and such miserable customer service.

Needless to say, the letter has already been written and sent from just outside the hotel to Hilton International. Yes, I am still here, thankfully for only two more nights as they said I would lose the cost of the rooms.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank hzlblu4ever
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I am absolutely appalled at this so called 5 star hotel allowing me and my family to check in when they knew a virus had attacked the hotel. I checked on on the Friday and dont get me wrong the weekend started off brilliant and the service and friendliness of staff was brilliant however on the Saturday evening I was overcome by a violent sickness bug which went on until mid Sunday morning. I checked out and the duty manager confirmed there was a virus so those reports on trip advisor where people were told the hotel suspected it are lies!!! I was disgusted to find out that the bug actually started on Wednesday 14th July! The Glasgow city council have been investigating this and confirmed the date. The hotel should have forewarned guests and gave them the option to reschedule or have a refund, they should not have allowed people to check in where there was a risk they could be infected. It is disgusting. The fact the bug started on the Wednesday but the pool wasnt closed until the Sunday is worse! I used the pool and jacuzzi on the Friday with my Mother and both of us were attacked by the bug. 83 people were affected and 2 submitted to hospital how on earth can they let people check in and use the hotel. I have had to take 2 days sick off a new job and unpaid and am seeking compensation from the hotel, Should they have advised me of the situation I would not have stayed and would not have been sick. I am disgusted at what is meant to be a reputable, well established 5 star hotel putting the pound sign before the welfare of its guests.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank ACT77
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I stayed here for a few nights on business. The rooms are nicely furnished the ac works. Comfortable beds. Lifts can be a little slow and nerve racking.

There is no free wifi you have to pay around 12 pound for access which is disappointing.
I only are breakfast in the restaurant and it was very good with a huge selection of food. The orange juice was tasted like it was just squeezed and not processed.

• Stayed July 2010
Darlington
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I have just returned from a night at this so called 5 star hotel. At check in about 6 p.m. on Sunday I was told nothing more than the swimming pool was out of action. This morning I found a letter posted under my room door telling me the hotel was experiencing an outbreak of the Novovirus ("Winter vomiting virus"). At breakfast staff were being briefed about the virus as food was served and I had to wait over 15 minutes for poached eggs which, after a reminder from me, arrived over-cooked.
My main complaint however is that I should have been informed of the presence of this virus at check in ( hotel staff were certainly aware of it at that stage). My wife is having major surgery for cancer next week and the last thing she needs is to pick up a debilitatting virus from me.
I did of course complain to the duty manager at check out, but received no satisfactory response. This hotel needs to treat its customers with more respect.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
5 Thank Canischio
Reviewed 19 July 2010

on arrival we checked in after a long queue wait and told sorry for the delay we have had trouble with house keeping!! On the way up to our room the porter told us that the swimming pool was closed due to a health and safety problem, at which point we nearly checked out and go to the Marriott next door as this was why we chose to stay - wish we had!!! Next we got told by another porter bring a cot to our room that there was a bad virus! We then decided to eat in our room! Next morning we woke to the BBC news announcing that people had been hospitalised from our hotel due to the virus!! I am disgusted that they let us check in with very young children knowing that there was a virus at thier hotel. They say they did not inform us then as it was only suspected but the fact is they knew as thiEr porters informed us and only a few hours later it is on the main news!!!! We should have been informed as we are travelling to someone without easy access to a hospital without a one hour ferry, it is very irresponsible of Hilton hotels.

• Stayed July 2010
3 Thank Espinning
London
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Clean, comfortable and relaxing. You will sleep well, highly recommend.
Unfortunately trying to find the place was total crap. Entrance is extremely confusing, but once you're in it is worth it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends