We recently stayed at the Glasgow Hilton. The purpose of our stay was family related so we did't get to see much of the city, unfortunately. I was a little concerned about the location of the hotel as well as the hotel itself after looking at the photos on tripadvisor. No need to worry. We stayed in room 2020 which was on the top floor. The room had an odd U-shaped layout which made it feel more llike a suite than a room. The entrance, closet and bathroom were on the first segment of the U. A seating area and desk were on the bottom portion, and the bed on the third portion. The bed was very comfortable and the towels were nice and large. There were also robes and slippers in the room. The room also had a large balcony with an ashtray. Since we are smokers this was a big plus for us. Not sure if the whole property is smoke-free or if they just didn't have any smoking rooms left when we checked in but the Hilton website allowed us to reserve a smoking room.
Other that an odd conversation with a concierge, the staff was excellent. The housekeeping staff was good but didn;t throw anything away. For the most part I understand this but not throwing away things like a cap from an OJ bottle that was already in the garbage was a little weird.
One problem was that there was no plug anywhere near the kettle. If you wanted to make tea or coffee, you had to pick up the whole tray and move it to the desk. I already had the desktop filled with cosmetics, hair accessories, etc. so this was not at all convenient.
Our room gave us access to the executive lounge which had an excellent complimentary breakfast and a cocktail hour with very good hor d'oueves and a full bar. We didn't eat at the buffet restaurant but did at the bar and at Cameron's. The bar is a nice atmosphere but the menu could use some work. It's almost like they are trying too hard to be creative. This is the only place to get large coffees "to go". Two large coffees cost 8 pounds - YIKES! On the other hand, I can't say enough about Cameron's!!! It's a little pricey - about standard for an upscale restaurant - but worth every penny and more! The staff is amongst the best we've seen in any restaurant, anywhere! The perfect balance between formal and casual. The food was excellent! Excellent! Had both steak and seafood both cooked to perfection. The baked goat cheese appetizer was so good I ordered it again the second visit - it was even better the second time!
Finally, the location is not that bad. It's probably about a 15 minute walk to the main shopping area. I took a cab for around 5 pounds and due to the weather, that was more than worth it. We had a lovely view of the city from our room and in spite of the proximity to the highway, no noise, at least not on the twentieth floor.
Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland