The Hilton Glasgow is a very elegant, luxurious hotel, just off the M8 ringroad towards the centre of Glasgow.
The rooms are comfortable, stylish, reasonably sized and furnished to a high standard. The food is very good, and room service staff always call to ensure everything is acceptable, which is a nice touch. The restaurant, bar, lobby and executive lounge are all attractive and comfortable, although lacking any character or atmosphere that would make you want to linger. There is also a reasonably sized pool and small gym, which is currently being refurbished.
The downsides to this hotel are minimal, although warrant a mention, due to its high cost: Although town is close, walking there is difficult, because of the road layout. you basically have to hike down a badly lit motorway sliproad to get where you need to be! There are only three lifts for 300-400 rooms, which can mean waiting up to 10 minutes just to get to the lobby, although £1.5m is promised to address this. Finally the concierge staff are truly awful, save yourself the trouble of being ignored, patronised and misguided and talk to a receptionist instead.
I would recommend this hotel unreservedly if your company is paying, but if you want somewhere really amazing for a special occasion, I'd keep looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland