“afternoon tea”

Carlton George Hotel
Ranked #17 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 31 July 2014

easy to find small but pleasant .Very warm could do with better air con.The service slow .you could not select your sandwiches has my friend and I don't eat pork or beef .when I asked she replace with cheese and salad I think you should let people select. the scones fresh and warm sandwiches a bit small cakes not very fancy in all ok afternoon tea.had better.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
DuncanJohnston, General Manager at Carlton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your afternoon tea and can assure you that I take your comments on board and will discuss with my team and make necessary improvements.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Carlton George Hotel

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here for 12 nights as part of the England Boxing Team for the Commonwealth Games. I was very impressed with the rooms, the mini-bar was free, although I couldn't indulge with the alcohol. The Executive Lounge on top floor was a little jewel, to chill out in. The Manager Duncan couldn't of been more helpful!! They made our business trip a very luxury one indeed.
You can even take advantage of being served Breakfast to your room for no extra charge. In a word CLASS!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Boxcoach,

Glad you enjoyed the hotel and that you also had a very successful Commonwealth Games!

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My Family and I stayed here overnight and found it to be fantastic. Staff were very helpful in every way and helping us find the best way to see Glasgow in a day. The rooms were a good size for an inner city hotel and the free minibar was a fantastic addition after a long day. Would 100% recommend.

Dear Jenny,

I'm delighted that my team looked after you so well during your recent stay and hope your trip home went smoothly.

Kind Regards

General Managers

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Right in the city centre, two steps away from Buchanan street. Comfortable hotel with beautifully decorated bedroom and excellent service. All the receptionists are ready to help any time of the day or night.

On the downside, breakfast is a bit poor. The fruit is not fresh, but tinned. Beds are too soft.

However, I will not look for another hotel if I find a room available at the Carlton.

Dear Anju,

Thanks for the review, I'm glad you will always stay with us when in Glasgow.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

my family and i stay there last night and thought it was a brilliant hotel
brilliant and happy to help staff
rooms small but lovely
great food in the fab restaurant
my family and i would love to go back

Room Tip: free mini bar in room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
DuncanJohnston, General Manager at Carlton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hi Gemma,

I'm delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time at the Carlton George. Glasgow is a fabulous place to be at the moment!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Got this on a group on voucher. I left it very last minute to book, but the girl on the phone was very pleasant and accommodating(used voucher on the last day)The windows restaurant is on the 7th floor, the views were fab, the surrounds were great and there was a great buzz in Glasgow itself, with the common wealth games. The high tea was excellent and there was plenty to eat. Staff we're very attentive and pleasant. Would strongly recommend afternoon tea here, and will definitely be back.

1  Thank Carcam71

Our afternoon teas have been very successful over the last few months, glad you enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I spent a couple of nights in this hotel last week. When we arrived, we thought that the air conditioning in our room was not working too well but wanted to give it a chance to cool down. After about an hour, and even though I had already "settled in" and taken a bath, the room was still pretty hot. After a couple of phone calls we were graciously moved to a larger room on a lower floor where the A/C worked perfectly. Although our second room faced the street, we didn't hear a thing from outside, as the double-paned windows are excellent (not always the case when we travel). We loved the free in-room wi-fi and think the service was great. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others. Good location.

Room Tip: We loved room 110.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AtlantaDoll

Dear AtlantaDoll,

Thanks for your patience with the air conditioning last week. I'm pleased that you liked room 110, even with the city centre location the noise form the street is minimal.
I hope you have a safe trip back to Georgia!