ABode Glasgow
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
1,206 results
All reviewsold fashioned liftart housecage liftenviable roombath streetoriginal featureslovely hotelcentral locationjunior suitecomfortable bedcar parkbreakfast was excellentfull scottish breakfaststreet noisestayed here for two nightssauchiehall streetthe heart of the city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

First time here as place we normally stay was fully booked. Great location on Bath St, and beautiful old building. Staff friendly and efficient from reception onwards. Great old fashioned lift is a nice feature. Rooms and all public areas clean and well maintained. Our room was at the back of the hotel and perfectly quiet at night, I could imagine if your room was at the front there would be noise on the street at the weekend. We enjoyed our stay and could recommend this as a good alternative to the larger chain hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel in June as part of a larger trip in the U.K. I stayed for 5 nights and was very happy. The breakfasts were quite good and the hotel is located minutes from the train stations and shopping. Most of all though was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I had asked about local transportation to various spot such as distilleries and a concert I was attending. That night when I returned the routes were printed out for me( thanks Jillian). I like to experience places in a authentic manner and help was always there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I usually stay with family in Glasgow but I was in Glasgow on a business trip and my publisher booked a night here. What a terrific hotel: the architecture is magnificent, the rooms clean and comfy and hip, the breakfasts tasty. The staff is very friendly, especially Stewart at the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
David M, General Manager at ABode Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments, I will be sure to cascade these to my team here at The Arthouse.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

David McLaughlin

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed at Abode (now Arthouse) a few years ago and I would have rated it very highly then. On this occasion I would have to say the hotel is in need of a complete overhaul. Our check in was very smooth and the girl at reception was very polite. Our room was at the front of the hotel, right above reception onto a main street which some may have found noisy but I had no issues with the noise. The room was very small and cluttered and very drab. The bathroom also had seen better days and again was far from spacious. We were only staying for one night so we weren't too bothered and wouldn't have asked to be moved. I have to add tho' that the room and bathroom was very clean and the bed very comfy. The location of this hotel is excellent for getting out and about in Glasgow but I personally would not visit again unless I read or heard their had been a refurbishment carried out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Claire P, General Manager at ABode Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave some comments after your recent stay. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel and i would be more than happy to discuss the issue's with you personnally. Please do not hesitate to contact me on 01412216789.
Kind regards
Claire Pollock

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Staff are excellent, efficient and friendly.

The hotel is centrally located and very clean. The breakfast was excellent quality and it was nice to have freshly cooked scrambled eggs rather than buffet style.

We would have no hesitation to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving some feedback after your recent stay at The Arthouse. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Kind regards