“do not stay here!!”

City Aparthotel Glasgow
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glasgow
City Aparthotel Glasgow
Reviewed 11 July 2007

Stayed here in winter 2006. Arrived and the receptionist said that I did not have a booking! I said I made the booking a few weeks back and he said well I have no word of it. I had booked an apartment but there were none so I got put in a grubby hotel room. The rooms are very dark and the light in my room did not even work! There was only a small lamp that had a 40 watt bulb in it. It is a very noisy hotel with a lot of drunk people going past shouting outside the hotel. You can also hear the Glasgow underground trains going underneath the hotel which helps keep you awake! The breakfast is awful and was £8! The same bread lying out for 3 days straight! You usually find the staff on the doorstep smoking! There was also a fire alarm at 3am so everyone was on the street then they said there was a short circuit and to go back to bed! A DISGRACE OF A HOTEL, STAY IN A TRAVEL LODGE OR SOMEWHERE BETTER FOR THE MONEY!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 June 2007

As ever on trip advisor, there seems to be a few contradicting reviews so i'll do my best to get my opinion across. I arrived at the newly named Best Western City Hotel & Apartments in Elmbank St on 18th June for 1 night in Glasgow.

Despite having to park in the NCP which doesn't strike me as the safest place in the world, it was just across the street and easy to find a spot (considering its in the city centre). I was greated by a very helpful and friendly receptionist who offered me an opportunity to stay an additional night if I needed to. I was also surprised that she told me I had an apartment across the road from their hotel.

The apartment is VERY spacious and just a 1 minute walk from the hotel, has a large self sufficient kitchen with washing machine, cooker, fridge freezer, dishwasher etc. Generally its very clean although there are some marks on the walls... It was a little strange not to have any Satelitte tv, wifi or room service, but the wifi was solved as Glasgow is a wifi city (although its not a very strong signal.)

The hotel is 10 minutes walk from town through lots of trendy bars and restaurants, it also has several convenience stores very close for stocking up on meals and basics.

Anyway overall I was very impressed, its very secure, very comfortable and surprisingly cost effective. I'd definately book again...

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2007

Myself and my boyfriend wanted a short shopping break to Glasgow and when I saw the internet rate for this hotel and after seeing the previous trip advisor reviews we went ahead and booked a king suite for 2 nights.

When we arrived we were advised we could park the car in the NCP next door however we went to an alternative NCP car park about 5 mins away which we used when staying with Malmaison last year. The one next to the hotel didn't look very safe or inviting (during the 2 nights we were there 3 car alarms went off). Although the other one we used cost £24 for the 2 days and nights we still felt it was worth it for the peace of mind.

The king suite was very roomy but very dark. There were a few niggles with the tv not working and a wet patch on the carpet that never seemed to dry out. The room itself is very noisy at night and the double bed was made up of 2 singles pushed together.
Other people made mention of the complimentary minibar in their reviews. Have to say - what minibar? We got 2 single measures of gin and 2 single measures of whisky in huge decanters and that was it. Unlucky if you drink anything else and there was nothing else in the fridge you could have - even if you were happy to be charged for the odd pack of pringles or can of coke. The express breakfast is very basic. Coffee/tea and prepacked danish pastries and muffins which looked very greasy.

All in all we were glad we only paid the internet special rate because I would have been complaining to the manager if we had paid the normal rate for this room. We won't be going back.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 25Lisa09
Reviewed 1 June 2007

This hotel is now run as Best Western.
Nice building. Quiet street.
Small rooms.
Friendly welcome.
We stayed for 2 nights. They didn't make the room after the 1st one!
The most disastrous is the standard breakfast: only coffee or tea with industrial croissants to take in the loundge (without tables...). If you want to take a continental breakfast, you have to pay 8 £ more!
During the 1st night, drunk people were yelling outside (among litter containers behind the hotel) for several hours and we couldn't sleep!
Comparing with Paris (I'm French), I think it's too cheap.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2007

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in March 2007. Our (double) room was really small and dark (no view, just a wall), bathroom was quite dirty and we had to ask for extra cleaning.
The blond receptionist was lovely and helpful but the other one (Asian?) wasn't very polite.
Oh, and don't buy their breakfast - waste of money!!
But to be fair - the location is perfect.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2007

We stayed at the City Aparthotel for two nights during our honeymoon. Though it was tiring to drag our luggage uphill from the train station, it turned out to be a great location close to lots of good restaurants, shopping and nightlife (we explored Glasgow on foot). The room was a bit small but made up for it in style and ammenities. Sometimes a bath tub is hard to come by! We enjoyed the free first night minibar, cable tv, and had a pleasant check in/out experience.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2007

Stayed at the City Aparthotel for two nights with five other girls for my 30th B'day celebrations. Booked via Expedia, hotel rooms were great. large spacious room in the basement of the hotel. Friends were in a smaller room on the 3rd floor which was a struggle with the bags as no lift! Hotel offers complimentary breakie which was nice, plus a mini bar - all be it it only has a few bits in but a nice touch. Hotel was a clean, modern boutique hotel and the staff were great and really helpful. Location is fab, two min walk from main high street. Visit the Willow Tea Roms, a great afternoon tea for just £10.50 per person. Overall a great stay and will def stay at this hotel when next in Glasgow!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends