Glasgow Marriott Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow(Glasgow)
2,093 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesauna and steam roomcity centretwo double bedsbit datedper dayleisure facilitiesargyle streetcar parkhaggisporridgecentral stationtea and coffeestayed here for one nightmotorwayconferencepounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Just stayed at the Glasgow Marriott and I must say that I was impressed with the hotel. I found the lobby to be very welcoming and the staff most friendly. I thought the flowers in the planters were beautiful.....very tropical for Scotland:) The room was clean and the bed very comfy. The ac/heat worked great and we didn't hear a peep from any other room. The location to Buchanan Street was a 5-10 minute walk. GREAT shopping area for pedestrians only. Nice upscale mall called "Princess Mall"....Not sure if that is the correct name but the shops and restaurants were not your typical mall type of stores and a must see. Everything that we needed on this particular trip was very close proximity to the Marriott. On our last night there, the staff had a "Meet and Greet" for the guest and it was very personal and a nice touch to meet everyone. The chef even made Sticky Toffee Pudding on request for my husband..... A MUST when in Scotland. I have nothing but positive remarks for this Marriott and think they do a fabulous job from the moment you walk through the doors.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Spent Fri/Sat night in the Marriot with family including a 12 and 9 year old. Friendly staff and large well kitted out room, 2 king sized beds, large flat screen etc, all clean and in good condition. Only ate in hotel at breakfast which was excellent, great choice of everything with fried fare all high quality. Did pity the poor souls who were queueing all the way around to the lift to get a table but this was a result of turning up at 10.45am for a breakfast that ends at 11am!
Nice bar/seating area with what seemed to be a good selection of snacks, if a little over priced (£5 for a bacon roll?). Location perfect for central Glasgow and parking at hotel £8/day is reasonable.
This takes me to my negatives. In-room media includes all your normal free view and then a chargeable film section. Leaving the speciality section aside, all the family films are charged at £7.50 which for Johnny English reborn was acceptable, as it's still in the cinema, but Back to the Future and all the other bargain bin DVDs on offer seemed a bit of a rip off. And speaking of taking advantage £15 for a days wifi, or I think £6 per hour, is completely over the top as many other quality family hotels provide this free.
Now for the swimming pool/leisure centre. Saying its part of the hotel is strictly true but being on the 5th floor this involved taking the lift down to the 1st floor then walking down another 2 flights just to climb up what I think was 4 flights. It certainly promotes fitness as the act of getting to the pool burnt off the fried breakfast.
There it is. I got a good deal £85/night for us all B&B and even managed to use some Tesco vouchers. I'd definitely use again as my gripes can be avoided and probably will.
As for Glasgow as a city I'm biased being born there (haven't lived there in 35 years) but it has a real buzz lacking in other Scottish cities and in the absence of the pretentiousness!

Room Tip: I'd say the higher the better and facing East over the river.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I stayed there for 4 nights. It was okay place with good spread of breakfast and food options in the restaurant. Room service was also good and the complementary gymnasium facility was amazing. The rooms are quite spacious but the old settings at times make them feel impersonal. I found Hilton which was just 5 minutes away to be a better option. Staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Amit G
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Good hotel even though it is big and could feel impersonal it was perfectly friendly with good staff. Only slight gripe was the hum of air conditioning (not in our room) and not being able to open a window. Be careful not to get fined for using the car park - pay for parking at the hotel reception on arrival.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Up in Glasgow for the weekend, we got a great deal from Marriott and were delighted. The hotel is not located in the best place, down near the river and access bridges for the M8 motorway but you didn't hear traffic with the windows shut and we completely forget the surroundings when inside.
All the staff were chatty, helpful and attentive to our needs. Our room was well finished and spotlessly clean. If I have one gripe it is that you could slightly feel some bedsprings through the mattress but only down by my feet so not a problem.
We ate in the bar lounge area twice and the food was of good quality and quantity as well as being tasty. Breakfast for extensive and it was good to taste haggis again!
Definitely a hotel to return to in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple