“Most uncomfortable bed ever!”

Glasgow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #45 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Number 1 priority of a hotel has to be a good night sleep - the bed I was given was very uncomfortable - the top of the bed was changed as they had no alternative rooms but that did not change how uncomfortable the bed was - I will avoid the Marriot in Glasgow on my future visits.

• Stayed: October 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,055)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This was our first hotel in Scotland, after many days of touring in Ireland. The loby was very welcoming and our room very nice and comfortable. We traveled with two other couples and were in a day before starting a CIE tour of Scotland and England. We all needed to do laundry! We wanted to do our own laundry ourselves so we gathered in the lobby to check our options. This is when we first met Bob the concierge. He was a lifesaver! He gave us information regarding a local launderette, pubs in the area and showed us tbe nearest ATM location. So we loaded up our suitcases with our dirty laundry and Bob helped us get a cab. What fun! Part of us manned the machine with the help of a very nice woman who ran the launderette and the others walked to a local coffee shop..they brought us some coffee and tea..great fun in Glasgow. That evening we needed dinner and wanted to walk around a bit. Again, Bob to the rescue! We were directed to a fantastic Italian resaurant! We had a great Italian meal in the heart of Glasgow!
The Marriott also has a beauitful gift shop. It's small but packed witn lovely items. I found the perfect dress for my granddaughter! The food in the lounge was excellent and we all enjoyed a nice lunch. Our breakfasts both mornings were first class!
All in all we enjoyed our two nights at this hotel. It gave us an excellent first impression of Scotland!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We had a excellent stay here and would return again. Very happy with service And price. Staff are helpful great location . Lovely views and all round great . I would recommend anyone to try this place

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 22 October 2013

For anyone travelling from the south this could not be better as the slip road of the M8 motorway finds one at the front entrance to the hotel. I always find a polite welcome at any Marriott and with a minimum of delay you are soon settling into your room and I have yet to find fault in terms of comfort and cleanliness. High standard is the norm and although the price may be above average it is well worth paying to find consistency at their hotels wherever you are. It is a pity that unlike most hotels in UK they do not include breakfast in the price.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We hadn't stayed here for a while and I wouldn't rush back to be honest. Decor really old fashioned and hasn't changed much over the years. I wasn't impressed at having to pay a charge to park my car - this used to be free. As a hotel guest they should want my custom and not put me off staying here again. I would probably not stay here again due to the £8 charge - out of principle! Glasgow sells itself as a shopping destination and you can take more home with a car. Why penalise drivers?!
Good central location, good breakfast and we had a good night's sleep. However, there are other hotels in Glasgow which I will be trying out in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I would definitely stay again. It has a bit of 'Old Fashioned Charm' about it, which I felt as soon as I stepped into the reception area ..... Saying this, the hotel is not old! The rooms are a good size and the beds are large and comfortable. The buffet breakfast is lovely with a big choice on offer and a big bonus is the coffee is good and hot. The only downside is that the wifi is not free in the rooms ....... I find this particularly annoying in this technical age!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is the usual standard for a Marriott. Staff friendly, room cosy if a bit old fasioned. We didnt use the leisure facilities this time. Breakfast was good and lots of choices. The only thing that lets this hotel is that it costs far too much for wifi. Whilst you get it free in reception, it costs a fortune in the rooms! Get with the times Marriott and provide free wifi in the whole hotel!

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing away from the M8 as it is quieter