“Convenient location, great staff”

Glasgow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #45 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We had tickets for the Andrea Bocelli concert at The Hydro and wanted a hotel within easy reach. Travelling from Edinburgh, the hotel was very easy to reach from the M8 - just turn off when you see the sign for the SECC. It then takes less than a minute to reach the hotel and stick the car into the car park.
Reception was quite busy as the hotel was hosting a large conference but thankfully plenty staff were on duty to help with getting the visitors registered. Our room was at the end of a corridor and we were delighted to find the room in excellent condition - very clean and two large comfortable beds.
Had a nice meal and drink in Chats Bar before heading off to The Hydro. We had asked for directions at reception and they gave us a useful map and very simple instructions on reaching The Hydro on foot (only 15 minutes away).
The brilliance of the concert was matched by the most solid, peaceful sleep I have had in a city centre hotel. The sound-proofing was brilliant - not a sound from outside or from any other rooms, bed was very comfortable. Totally relaxing.
Due to the conference, the hotel posted signs that breakfast was expected to be especially busy between 9am-11am and suggested an earlier or later breakfast might be advisable. We decided to wander down about 10:15am, ready to go back to our room if it looked like mayhem. No risk of that - the American restaurant manager was doing a great job of keeping the queue moving. Despite the pressure, he greeted all customers with enthusiasm and politeness - he reminded me of the excellent customer service we have seen in some Times Square hotels in New York. What a great advert he is for Marriott. We were shown to our table and immediately offered tea/coffee by an efficient waitress. The breakfast choice was extensive and tasty. We felt totally refreshed and ready for the day ahead by the time we had finished.
Checkout was fast and efficient and a great visit was rounded off as we were leaving the front door with our overnight cases. A young lad in a golf buggy-style cart asked if we were going round to the car park. When we said "yes" he invited us to jump aboard with our bags and then took us round and dropped us off right beside our car.
It was great to see Andrea Bocelli perform so well at The Hydro and we will remember the evening for a long time. The whole weekend, however, was completed by the enthusiasm, courtesy and professionalism of all the staff we encountered at the hotel, including the polite cleaners. Top marks though have to go to the breakfast restaurant manager who seemed to be enjoying every minute of his job despite the very busy weekend the hotel had. A delight to be served by him.

Room Tip: Our room faced the Kingston Bridge but it was still wonderfully quiet. Can't speak for the othe...
There are newer reviews for Glasgow Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Booked this hotel for my mums birthday and would never go back. Firstly the Marriott carpet at the entrance was filthy so poor first impression. I then went for lunch at the bar and whilst the cocktails were good the cold sandwich I ordered took an hour to make. The leisure facilities are very dated, dirty and the walls on the way in have fungus growing out them. I thought going out the car park entrance of the leisure club would have distracted my mum from seeing anything else however that was worse as the hotel bins were overflowing and visible for all guests to see. On a positive note the room was decent but only if you kept the blinds shut as the windows were filthy. After being mortified that I brought my mum here for her birthday I complained and the managers first response was to find us another hotel. The only hotel he could come up with was £50 more per night which I wasn't prepared to pay only to sleep in as we were going in town for dinner. He did offer champagne and 25% off my bill but to be honest it still left me furious that this was supposed to be a treat for my mum and supposed to be a 4 star hotel. The only positive thing I will say is the girls at distinction beauty were lovely and did a great job with our massages however this is a separate business to the Marriott. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Karyn P
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is an entirely adequate business hotel. It's a bland but reliable Marriott. The staff are courteous, the rooms are comfortable without being swish, everything works, it's clean and tidy, and the breakfast is good. The hotel's a short walk from Central station and the west end. I'd come here again on business, but not with my family.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We are just back from a stay here & we had a fab time. The hotel is next to an underground station which is handy.
We arrived at 1pm & both the rooms booked were ready so we could check in.
We had 2 lovely rooms on the 9th floor cosy and spaceous. We didn't eat an evening meal at the hotel but we had drinks which were a average priced. Breakfast is a buffet style which was really yummy. Good choice & friendly staff. We will be back next time we are in Glasgow ;)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacqueline O
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Best service imaginable, with extra kudos for Margaret Boudraa at the front desk. I typically don't sleep well the night before a flight and all I wanted to do was lock myself into the business center, but Margaret wouldn't hear of it. Instead, she tried to help me sort out all of my concerns about driving to the airport, finding gas enroute and getting to the airport on time. Rooms are clean, quiet and private. Beds are comfortable. Fitness facility is impressive. Fitness staff were very kind and invited me to join one of their exercise classes. WIFI is solid. Hotel is a short 10 minute walk from shops and restaurants and an easy 20 minutes to Glasgow International. That said, it's the hotel staff that really make the place worth the stay.

1  Thank Jorjia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Had a very enjoyable stay here thanks largely to the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Room was comfortable and clean enough. Breakfast was very good and served until midday. Parking was provided.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was recently at an event within this hotel and stayed over. This hotel has been here for as long as I can remember. Complimentary parking is included in your stay. The hotel was nice, room big enough, however I just thought everything was a little dated, hence the price of the overnight I think (£90). The bed was big and comfy, you couldn't get all of the TV channels on offer, limited bikkies within the room, but tea and coffee provided, and shower was decent too. The breakfast buffet was probably the best thing about this stay. If you are looking for a place that is ok whilst in the city, then go here.

Room Tip: Get one at the back of the hotel away from the motorway.