“Glasgow Marriott Hogmanay Bash 2013”

Glasgow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #46 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I attended the Hogmanay Bash at the Glasgow Marriott Hotel with family and friends and it couldnt have been a better night to bring in the bells and welcome in 2014.

The Hotel staff were really welcoming on check in and the room was fantastic, very comfortable and spacious.

The ball room where the event was held looked amazing and our party were all very well looked after by all the staff who couldn't have done a better job.

The four course meal was amazing and the entertainment was top class. The ceilidh band were superb one of the best we have heard the dancefloor was filled the whole night, everyone had a great time.

The DJ was great counting down the bells and It was a really nice touch having the confetti cannons and piper playing when the new year was announced.
The DJ took over for the rest of the night and played a good mix of music that catered for both the young and oldies. We danced to everything from ABBA, Proclaimers, Calvin Harris to Kenny Rodgers he was absoultley brilliant.

Breakfast the following morning was a life saver and having it run to 1pm gave the much needed extra hour in bed. Breakfast selection was superb and Lazerous was a brilliant friendly face who offered the morning paper possibly for me to hide behind with my soar head.

Overal the best night in Glasgow we have been to in years we are already looking at booking in for this year again not a night to be missed.

Thanks to the Marriott and all the staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,018)

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed in the Marriot for 1 night attending the hogmanay bash. We were very impressed with the room - comfortable & quiet with the famous marriot bed, which is probably the most comfy bed you'll find in most hotels.
The 'bash' itself was excellent. Good food, great ceilidh band music & highland dancing. The one downside was the DJ who started playing records just before midnight. It would have been much more appropriate to have brought in the New Year with the live ceilidh band. As it was, the DJ must have been modelling himself on Ibiza types, as the bass was so loud it vibrated through your chest from the other end of the Hall. Really unpleasant!

The breakfast was good & because of the occasion, extended till 1pm, which was a nice touch. One small fly in the ointment was when checking out, we were presented with someone else's room service breakfast on our bill - amounting to more than £40. This was removed without question when challenged, but should have been picked up immediately, as our rate included breakfast.

Overall, an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room at the rear of the Hotel looking over the Car Park - nice & quiet. Facing th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I arrived to attend a conference and enquired about paying for parking as my car was in one of the external spaces outside the main car park and was told that the machine require coins, which the Front Desk could exchange. I was also told that I did not need to pay at the time but could do so at the end of the day. After following this advice I came out to find that the machine operates a timed system that requires you to input your registration number and departure time in conjunction with CCTV cameras that record when you arrive and leave. I subsequently paid a ticket to compensate for the time I had occupied the space. That however did not stop me being served a £100 penalty charge and when I appealed I was asked for more evidence to prove I had paid for parking, which I could not as I had left the used ticket in a rental vehicle.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Spent an amazing weekend in glasgow at the marriott. Staff were very helpful in advising where to eat, drink and visit. Also had food one evening at the restaurant in the hotel, food was lovely,as was breakfast. As it was my bithdag my boyf rang to request champagne, one ofbthe staff were kind enough to go and get a chocolate cake too !Very close to city centre and easy enough to get to. Weshall be returning very soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here in between xmas and new year with another couple. Overall the hotel was very nice, staff helpful, rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfasts were great, especially serving until 12 noon when we stayed, the staff serving were very friendly. location suited us as not too far a walk to the shops. Only complaint is the leisure facilities! You have to go down 3 or 4 floors of stairs to get the facilities, or walk through reception / entrance which you don't want to do with your swimwear on. When you get there the changing rooms are nice, but then you have to walk a bit to get to the actual pool, which consists of a dirty cold stair way, luckily we were fit an able. I would recommend this hotel to others to stay but not for a spa break as you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: we were on 5th floor, nice quiet area
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kenandnix1
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed at the marriott after staying in an excellant hotel the night before near Glasgow Airport. The Marriott is a famous sight in glasgow but I was dissappointed with it, check i was fine if not abrupt, room 914 was quite cramped feeling, the shower wasn't very good, the shower curtain rail was hanging off the wall a bit, we did however get a late check out when asked for and reception in general was fine, the entrance is impressive but the bar closes at 12.00am, which for a 4 star I found unusual not to have the night porter serve. I travel to glasgow every week and have to admit I will use the hotel at Glasgow Airport over the Marriott.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights the week before Christmas. It offers good value, with well appointed rooms which are larger than many in a comparable price range and location.
The bed was very comfortable and rooms very quiet - it was the nights of the storms and I heard nothing even being several floors up. Room service ok, portions were a little small though and tray charge of £3.50 a bit steep.
Breakfast - standard hot food selection with the troublesome rotating toast machine (in 4 days I never had any success in getting the perfect round - even the staff admitted they were troublesome)
Hotel was clean and the staff very helpful.

Room Tip: Friend had a room next to the lift shafts - were busy and could be heard through the walls - so ensu...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business