Glasgow Marriott Hotel
US$383
US$323
US$209
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$191
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$188
US$172
2,114 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesauna and steam roomcity centretwo double bedsbit datedper dayleisure facilitiesargyle streetcar parkhaggisporridgecentral stationtea and coffeestayed here for one nightmotorwayconferencepounds
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Room lovely, staff very pleasant, lovely views, relaxing executive lounge but took three attempts to get ham, coleslaw, no mustard, on brown, but worth it when I got it. The breakfast was plentiful and they were the best fried eggs I have had for ages.
I would use it again even if it was just for the lounge which stocked tomato juice, chilled and nibbles.

Room Tip: try 11 floor for the views
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2014

As a 'Silver Elite' member I try and stay loyal to the Marriott brand wherever I can. However, I have to say that despite the fantastic rate my company gets at this location I think I'd have to consider another hotel if staying in Glasgow city again.

The public areas are adequate and the staff I have to say are all very friendly, courteous and helpful in reception, restaurant and bar. However, the problem lies with the rooms.

I had forgotten since my last visit some 6 months prior some of the problems that still exist. The rooms are basically old and dated. They simply look tired. But most of all is the fact that the walls are thin. You can hear everything from the room next to you. I can tell you exactly what time the guy in the room next to me got up, I know exactly when he started to shower...but then I can tell when most people above or to the side of me did as the plumbing in the building sends out a haunting whine when used. I can even tell you what time next door took a call from his colleagues to agree a time to be downstairs for breakfast.

In summary, a hotel in a good location with excellent staff that is let down by it's old, tired and dated interior and poor quality plumbing!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank iRyan81
Lynne F, Front Office Manager at Glasgow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the public areas and the hotel staff. The hotel will be undergoing a refurbishment within the next 2 years and the bedrooms will be getting re-designed.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay at the Glasgow Marriott and thank you for your very valued feedback.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent our 20th wedding anniversary here. When we arrived we were upgraded to an executive room with access to the executive lounge. That alone was lovely enough only to then have champagne delivered with a card to our room. We ate in the bar in the hotel both nights we stayed. We couldn't fault anything in the service and food was lovely. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We had a great stay and look forward to going back again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have stayed regularly at this hotel for a long time and I have been made to feel very comfortable indeed. The staff I meet all round the hotel are helpful and friendly. The service is very good. The general standard of the hotel is high and it is good value. This is my 'go to hotel' in Glasgow.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed here on several occasions as a couple and with friends.Nice Hotel ,good breakfast, nice staff, prices at bar a bit steep, but great location, for several shows and shopping right on the door step.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple