“Great place to stay”

Glasgow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #45 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay here with extremely helpful staff! Beds great, room soundproof to traffic, great restaurants in walking distance and clean bathrooms. Executive floor a plus. Food good and lots of gratis beverages.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank straidman
Write a ReviewReviews (2,057)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is perfectly functional as a Marriott hotel.

It is ideally placed for drop off and pick up on the bus from the airport. However, it is quite a walk from the town centre (10 minutes along a main road).

The leisure centre is not properly integrated into the hotel and so you have to walk outside and then back in again! It is perfectly ok and the gym is particularly good.

There are two food areas: one for bar snacks, the other a restaurant. Both serve great food and drinks at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Weekend stay in Glasgow for a wedding. I didn't expect the roads to be so clear so we arrived before 12 (check in is at 14:00). Plenty of car parking space for a daily charge of £8. The staff were very helpful and we were allowed to check in as soon as we arrived.
The room is spacious, the bed is very comfy, and everything is spotless: the lift, the corridor, and the room.
Nice Starbucks in the lounge (showing the football - it was the final Sunday of the premiership). The food at the restaurant was very good as well.
All in all very nice stay for a reasonable price.
Note: the hotel is only 5 minutes walk from the central station and another 10 from George's square.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've stayed at a few Marriott's in the UK and North America so I was expecting a standard of service that just was not met at this hotel.

I was there for a training session: the room was dreadful the lifts go to the 12th floor and this room was on the 13th. There were flood marks on the ceiling, a leak had actually spilled down onto one of the tables, the chairs looked scruffy and dirty and the staff were nonchalant.

The room I was staying in was tatty and frayed and had a faint odour of old about it.

The food in the restaurant was average at best. Not at all impressed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sharon J
Lynne F, Front Office Manager at Glasgow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your feeback..

We do make all our conferences aware that there is only a staircase to the 13th floor, there I am sorry if you were not made aware of this by the company.

I have passed all your details for our maintenance team to investigate.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was attending a conference about a 20-minute walk down the road over the Easter weekend, but the Marriott was an oasis of coolness (especially as you could open the windows in this hotel). It was also a great escape from the terrible Eastercon conference.

As always, the Marriott breakfast was excellent with made-to-order veggie sausages and they were very accommodating with my Soya milk order.

The concierge lounge in the evening was very nice, although it would be great if they could have the free wine & beer on a Friday & Saturday night as well. However, you could grab a soft drink, biscuit or hot beverage over the entire weekend.

My room was very, very small, but the bed and pillows were divine. Shower strength was excellent with the usual variety of Marriott shampoos, etc. Wifi worked well and as an elite, it was free for me. Wifi is free for everyone in the lobby.

Only a 5-minute walk to the airport shuttle bus. And about 15 – 20 minute walk to Glasgow’s shopping and pubs. There is also a Tesco Metro about 6-minutes from the hotel.

Everyone who worked in the hotel was super friendly and both check-in and check-out were a dream.

I think this is about the third or fourth time I have stayed at this property. While not as modern as some US Marriott’s, it will always be my first choice when I’m in Glasgow.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wembleygal
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed for four nights in May 2014. These were at no charge as we had built up free nights from using Marriotts a lot in USA recently. Reception staff were friendly and helpful and we were given our room as soon as we arrived (about 1pm). The room was fine, clean, not luxurious but very comfortable and the bed extremely so. Breakfasts were excellent and the dining staff couldn't have been more helpful. Excellent location: no noise from the motorway but it is close enough to make a quick exit on to the M8 and up to Loch Lomond. 15 minutes walk to good restaurants on Sauchiehall Street. Would definitely stay here again on our next visit to Glasgow.

1  Thank MargaretJay
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here whilst at a conference at the SSEC and I found the staff really helpful and my room was all that I needed - good size, very comfortable bed, the en-suite was good with plenty of shampoos etc and the complimentary tea/coffee facilities were much the same as in any other hotel. I agree with other contributors about the difficult windows but the aircon in my room worked well. The buffet-style meals were fine if not outstanding, especially in the evening when the menu could have been more varied and table service would have been preferable. However, I enjoyed the Scottish breakfasts - ever had porridge with the optional extra of whisky? One thing which impressed me was that a colleague had been given a double-booked room and had to be relocated... on hearing this the Concierge gave her an (expensive) bottle of wine. One thing which did NOT impress me though was the £15 per day charge for wi-fi access in the rooms... an absolute rip-off. Needless to say I did not use it. In conclusion, I enjoyed my stay and if I didn't live just 40 miles away would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business