“Short City break”

Glasgow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #45 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Spent two nights in hotel with upgrade for membership, standard of hotel very consistant of the Marriott group - clean, organised, comfortable, polite and very helpful staff. Had a pleasant stay and certainly would return if visiting Glasgow in the future.
Executive lounge not too busy and well serviced by the Marriott team.

Room Tip: We were on level 11 facing the rear of the building, no noise or disturbance.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Glasgow Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 27 June 2014

It's easy to become blasé regarding Marriott Hotels. Big, corporate, even bland. But they provide a good product at a sensible price. Stayed overnight midweek and though the hotel was busy, the excellent staff gave us a quiet room on floor 2. I could se the motorway......but I couldn't hear it. Good night's sleep in a soft, big bed.

Clean room, nice bathroom with reasonable toiletries too!

What' not to like?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Superharrio
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed at the Glasgow Marriott for a 2 day course with work - when I first checked in the hotel staff were extremely helpful and polite and to my amazement I had been booked into a huge room with two double beds! My favourite thing about this hotel is the beds - they were unbelievably soft and comfortable - I had an excellent night's sleep!

I used the swimming pool which was small but adequate - heated well and there is also a sauna and steam room for hotel guest's use. The food we were served (both for breakfast and lunch) was very tasty - at breakfast there are both hot foods (with a scottish twist - think Haggis and whisky flavoured porridge!) and the usual continental breakfast on offer at most hotels!

The only complaint I would have was that on arrival I ordered room service from the menu in my room - I had three calls back - one to confirm my order, one to ask how I would be paying and then another to tell me that the food I had ordered was actually not available! I didn't order a replacement but I found that to be a little frustrating. Aside from that though I would highly recommend staying at the hotel - a comfortable night's sleep and the staff (both the front desk and, in particular, there was a really friendly man in charge of checking the rooms off at breakfast) were great!

Room Tip: Ask for a hotel room that does not face out over the motorway - some of my colleagues stayed in room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ggirlak
Reviewed 26 June 2014

nice hotel and offers all the amenities you would require. The hotel is clean and the staff look after you well.

My only reason for downgrading this hotel is that the beds and pillows are not the same ones used in most other marriotts, come on this is why we all stay with you! The pillows are cheap and same goes for the linen used.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Lynne F, Front Office Manager at Glasgow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

I have passed your comments regarding the pillows and linen to our Executive Team and I am delighted to read that you we were very well looked after by our associates and that you had an enjoyable stay.

Once again, thank you for your very valued feedback.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were overnighting in the lovely city of Glasgow and booked in to the Glasgow Marriot. There was a constant drumming coming from the boiler room, we had gotten in after 11.00pm having flown up from London, so we were tired and just wanted to go to sleep. In the morning an engineer came to investigate my complaint of the night before, he listened to the noise (which sounded much louder in the quiet of the night), but he was able to hear it clearly and stated that it was coming from the boiler room and was to be expected in a 30 year old hotel. I explained the ability to dampen out this sort of drumming with rubber mounts, he shrugged and said he would pass the message on and wished us a good stay.
Breakfast was buffet affair which for a 4 star hotel was a bit Happy Eater and only £15 ahead. (they were good enough to wave this due to the problems with the room).

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed by the response you received from our maintenance team and I have passed your comment to our Maintenance Manager to address.

I am pleased to read that our front office team addressed your issue on departure I would like to thank you for your very valued feedback.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was through in Glasgow for a gig and to see friends. As a wheelchair user I am unable to stay with friends in flats, so I always have to get a hotel room. My friend was going to stay overnight with me and thank god she did. I arrived in the early evening and went into my "disabled double room", the room was pretty compact and the bed was only a 3/4 mattress. The shower facilities and toilet all looked good but it was so neat in the room. The room was taking up valuable space with huge heavy furniture. I couldn't move around the room and had to stay seated at the foot of the bed or move over to the door if wanting to move the wheelchair.

Thankfully when my friend arrived we moved room where there was a bed more fitting a hotel room. Only problem was that there was only a bath instead of a walk in shower, there was wall bars so it is doable but not the easiest. Once again the ginormous pieces of bedroom furniture. The most stupid thing was a TV on a huge unit in both rooms. Surely they could free up loads of floor space if they mounted the TV on the wall. Anyway a restful night was had in the bed and the air conditioning was definitely needed on a hot weekend.

We went down to breakfast the following morning which was very nice. The fresh fruit and the fried breakfast were lovely. All the staff were really nice and helpful.

Before we left I had to go to the toilet in the lobby. The toilet was in the ladies toilet, something I could never do alone. You have to open the ladies toilet door meanwhile opening the disabled toilet door, both very heavy doors. It took three of us to get into the toilet, not the easiest.

I would say the staff make this hotel and it is in need of a major refurbishment. Especially focussing on disabled facilities making it easier not harder to travel.

Room Tip: Make sure your getting a proper sized bed
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased to inform you that the hotel will be undergoing a refurbishment in the next 18 months. We are addressing our accessible rooms to ensure that they are more spacious and there will be more than 1 room that will have a walk in shower.

I am delighted to read that you had a lovely breakfast and that the hotel staff very helpful.

Once again, thank you for your very valued feedback as we are constantly looking to deliver and improve our customer service and product.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Had not stayed here in 10 years and I wont hurry back for the next ten!!
We booked this for convenience to attend concerts at the new Hydro and due to the fact we could not get the Hilton.
The hotel is in dire need of refurbishment and looks worn out in most areas. The bar and restaurant areas look dirty due to the fact that everything is worn and scruffy. We didn't even bother using the gym the changing facilities are awful.
Our room had a mini bar which was boarded up and an over bath shower suitable for a 4ft person perhaps but not two 6ft adults!
And the £8 per night charge for parking for hotel guests is galling to say the least when they offer free parking to diners attending concerts!
My recommendation would be avoid this hotel and head to the Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased to inform you that the hotel will be undergoing a refurbishment in the next 18 months and we are continually addressing all areas of the hotel. I am sorry that you found the bath/showers too small but these are designed as a standard fitting.

Whilst I appreciate there was a promotion on in the restaurant when you stayed with us, our car parking is one of the most competitive in the city.

Once again thank you for your very valued feedback.