2,238 results
All reviews the executive lounge sauna and steam room city centre two double beds per day bit dated leisure facilities argyle street car park haggis porridge central station stayed here for one night tea and coffee motorway gym conference
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff. The hotel is clean and tidy albeit in need of refurbishment. Great location for financial district
10min walk from Glasgow central train station be warned it’s a steep climb up the bank

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We all recently stayed here for a hen weekend and it was the first time I think any of us had stayed in this hotel. We were a group of 8 and shared 2 quad rooms. On arrival the entrance and down stairs is lovely and welcoming but I would maybe tone down the air freshener at the lifts they are so strong!

Anyhoo! We checked in and the gentleman was friendly gave us our keys and we went upstairs to drop our bags in the room to go down stairs for some lunch. Now knowing it's the Marriott we knew it would be pricey and it was but the food was yummy!

On returning to our rooms we was very disappointed the rooms were small for 4 people sharing them and the bathroom was so dated and falling apart the shower knob kept falling off of the very dated shower the door was swollen and every time we shut it the loose panel on the celling kept popping up, the best bit was I am small 5ft 4 and i could touch the celling in the bathroom without tip toeing, it was weird lol. The room was made up for 4 but were only 2 cups and glasses we did say this and it was sorted quickly so no problem. The sheets were stained and the pillows smelled of sweaty heads! the lighting was really bad too so we were all pretty gutted as we had always heard such amazing thing about the Marriott and we were shocked.

The worst bit was the pool! It was absolutely disgusting the tiles on the pool floor were moving and mould around the edges of the pool the steam room stank of cheesy toes and it was so unclean in general and a maze to find! We were so gutted as we wanted to chill for a while but just felt yuck!

The breakfast was lovely and the staff on the breakfast were so friendly! the staff at the reception were lovely too! The hotel itself needs some MAJOR TLC!
Sadly I wont stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kaylee88
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Booked my second stay within the last year at the Marriott Glasgow, based on my first visit.
I prepaid for my second visit well in advance, i arrived and was pointed to the suite I booked, it was ridiculously hot inside, and the concierge opened the windows and attempted to turn the AC down to assist. It could not cope with the heat. As such a portable (noisy unit) was placed in the room, which meant i couldn't sleep and it also died in the middle of the first night.
On alerting the overnight front desk staff of the issue, they offered to relocate me to another room (not a suite) - for sanity i moved at 5am, and got some sleep.
At 10am i reported my dissatisfaction to the desk management staff. They didn't have another suite available so i requested a refund for the stay. The manager offered me a refund for the nights i had not completed. He also offered a discount on the first night, due to the extremely poor conditions available in the suite.
Very disappointed in the hotel at not resolving the AC issue as i am a fan of Marriott, and there was no apparent urgency at satisfying my needs.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Ryan G, Guest Relations at Glasgow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you R726KAterryp for leaving a review about your stay at the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

It is disappointing to read that you have been left feeling led down by us. Unfortunately we did experience some challenges with our AC units during the warm weather and I can assure you our maintenance team have been working around the clock and the issues have now been rectified.

Once again, our sincere apologies and we hope to serve you again at the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

With warm regards,

Ryan Griffiths
Guest Relations
Glasgow Marriott hotel

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

hotel itself is nice big grand entrance nice staff especially breakfast staff was up half the night with party goers the only reason I have given 3 star's went for breakfast in the morning as I said staff nice plenty of food but not the greatest breakfast watery scrambled eggs cold sausage and bacon could have been better still would stay again just a couple of things it would have been 5 stars

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you shuggy1a for leaving a review about your stay at the Glasgow Marriott hotel.

It is shame to read that you feel disappointed with our breakfast quality, I have raised your points with our Head Chef to ensure we meet our guest expectations moving forward.

Its great to hear that you would visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you then.

With warm regards,

Ryan Griffiths
Guest Relations
Glasgow Marriott hotel

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Just spent another long weekend at this hotel. We have stayed in many hotels in Glasgow and the surrounding areas. Although some were fantastic none can match the welcome we receive from the staff at this hotel who are all genuinely friendly and helpful. Check in is always quick and easy.
We booked a suite on the upper level with executive lounge access which is always worth the extra cost.
The suite was spacious with all the comforts you would expect, modern decor with great views of the city centre. Good nights sleep comfortable beds with lovely pillows.
The spa is lovely, l recommend that you try a treatment to really enhance your weekend. I personally enjoyed a full body massage and luxury manicure both of which were perfect with Donna.
If your on business or a leisure break this hotel is ideal given the proximity to Glasgow’s city centre and restaurants.
A special mention to Sam Kelly who is the front desk manager, once again looked after our reservation personally to ensure all our requests were met. It’s nice to be able to deal directly with the hotel staff as Sam is always so helpful and accommodating.
Marriott seems to have the right staff in place throughout the hotel group as we stay in lots of Marriotts and they never let us down.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple