“A fantastic hotel with staff I didn't think exsisted anymore!”

Glasgow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #46 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 August 2010

After just returning home from a Weekend in Glasgow I couldn't let the oppertunity go by without writing my first ever review.

Having read many reviews of hotels on this site I always felt guilty because I never shared my experience with others. However the staff in the Mariott in Glasgow were so good at the weekend I simply couldn't pass up the oppertunity to sing their praises.

I was at the Mariott with a large group of people on an all inclusive weekend. From the word go the staff were great. We arrived at the hotel at 11am and without even asking they gave us an early check in (I was on crutches).

The room had everything you would expect and the bed was really comfortable.

The service in the restaurant was amazing and the food was delicious also. The lunches were buffet style and when you got up from your table the staff were over to take your plate away and refold your napkin! (Bear in mind we were a large group and the restaurant was full!!)

I have been on cruises with Royal Caribbean and it reminded me of the service I would get at the Captains dinner.

If this hotel could bottle their staff they would make a fortune.

I really didn't think staff like this exsisted anymore so take a bow!

One snag about the hotel is that the charge for wifi is crazy! Most hotels offer free wifi at least in the reception!! However I spend enuf time on facebook and the like so it was a welcome break!

Once again well done to the Management and staff at this hotel.

I will be back!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 August 2010

Beds superb! Slept like a baby

Reviewed 12 August 2010

We wanted a base for a weekend in Glasgow where we were to arrive at Central Station. Got a good rate via the Marriott internet site - better than the third party discount bookers. Took taxi first time but within 10 minutes walking distance of Central Station if you do not have heavy bags. A little further to St Enochs for the underground and Buchanan Street for the shopping. A taxi ride for an evening meal in the Merchants City. Hotel breakfast Sunday am at 11am - very civilised times. Meal in the bar Sunday night - unexciting hamburger and chips at around £12. Reception staff and concierge cheerful and helpful with maps and directions. Room smallish but bed comfortable and - always important for us - lots of pillows. Decent TV - did not try internet connection. Did not use the Pay Movies facility.Only three lifts but this was not a problem at the times we were using them and checkout was quick and easy with an accurate bill. Have stayed in more stylish and architecturally more exciting Marriotts - this one was looking its age a bit and areas looked in need of renovation. Not the brightest jewel in the Marriott crown but a serviceable and comfortable base for work or play in Glasgow.

Reviewed 10 August 2010

BUYER BEWARE!! I had a reservation at the hotel through Orbitz, guaranteed with my credit card, and with "late arrival" in the reservation. But when we showed up to the hotel at around 1am I was told by the front desk staff that they didn't have any rooms left for me. The front desk agent Elliot suggested my spouse and I "pull some chairs together in the lobby to sleep". At around 3am, the front desk manager Margaret found a room for us at the Jury's ("wow you are really lucky" she said) - at a higher rate than we had confirmed at the Marriott. They didn't offer transportation to the other hotel, nor did they pay for the night at the other hotel. Margaret said she "doesn't have any authority to make that kind of decision".

Margaret promised that the GM would contact me the following day, but 3 days later that still hasn't happened.

Hotel facilities are fine - but don't pick this hotel if you need to show up late at night!!

5  Thank born4hotels
Reviewed 9 August 2010

On arrival I was slightly put off this hotel by the unsightly building and by the fact that there seemed to be very little life around. However my concerns were quickly dispelled on entering the hotel lobby that was buzzing with activity. We were upgraded to the executive floor due to a minor mix-up with our original room. Everything was WONDERFUL-the staff, the room, the atmosphere, the level of cleanliness and the breakfast was just fantastic. The hotel is actually in a wonderful location, a ten minute walk takes you to the city centre and we didn't need to get a taxi once all weekend! The bus at Glasgow airport takes you to just behind the hotel for £4 which is also fantastic. The only minor criticism is the price of alcohol in the hotel bar-£6 seems to be a bit pricey, even for a large glass of wine. Altogether though it was a really great stay and we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We arrived at the Glasgow Marriott and were given a room on the 12th floor from a very friendly dnd informative receptionist. Stayed at the Marriott for 2 nights and we were very pleased with all the facilities including our inclusive breakfast. The only problem that has developed since our return was the fact that we have now received a parking fine of £120 from a car park management company for entering and leaving the hotel car park without authorised permission even after making a payment of £6.00 per day to use this facility. Hopefully this will be rectified by the hotel and will not result in a catalogue of threatening letters from "Parking Eye"

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank selkiesave
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We stayed at the Marriott, Glasgow for one night this was so nice we will be back.
The service we received from check-in to being seated for the fantastic breakfast was first class the staff were friendly and knew lots regarding the hotel and the local area.