“Good Location, great rooms, very friendly staff but restaurant lacks ambiance.”

Glasgow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #43 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

Good Location, great rooms, very friendly staff but restaurant lacks ambiance.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

Stayed here to celebrate our anniversary and was delighted with the early check in (Jose from the Netherlands) the lovely room on Floor 12 , and the amazing beds and pillows, all First rate. After a shopping day in Glasgow which is a brisk 10 min walk away returned to the room to be delighted to have waiting bottle of sparkly in ice bucket and card to say have a nice anniversary--now that is service and attention to detail, well done Marriot Hotel staff.
Leisure facilities were great with a small pool and excellent sauna and steam room. Then we headed out by taxi to Merchant city and had a wonderful evening at the newly done up Corinthian on Ingram street , which we highly recommend.
The breakfast in the hotel is superb, what a choice hot and cold, and what a delight to be served tea/coffee instead of help yourself a la self service. Yes there was a slight queue, no wonder it was a superb breakfast , with service and high quality, I would rather queue for this than not wait for a self service . Parking was simple safe and secure , £8 for 24 hrs is a bargain in a city centre! Location was simple to find of the M8 and easy to get back onto also.
Our one gripe is the shower in the room--its fiddly , isnt effective and is sub standard in a very high standard Marriot Hotel.
My wife and I highly recommend this hotel for a city break in Glasgow.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

The good - Breakfast was very good but glad we were early and did not get involved in the queue to get in.
The bad - No communication. We phoned the night before to ask for an early check in for ourselves and friends we were travelling with. Arrived to find out room was ready but friends told their's would be another two hours. We were told there was no record of the request. Not surprising considering the call to try and arrange this took almost 40 minutes as the person we were speaking to spoke little or no English and kept on booking another room instead of arranging the early check in. We all went to our room and asked to be phoned when our friends room was ready. Noticeable the receptionist did not write this down and we never got a call to say it was ready. When we called to ask if the room was ready 1hr and 20 mins later, we were told it was and there was no note informing staff we had asked to be contacted.
The ugly- As a treat we had boked a suite. The room was well presented but nothing worked. The room was like an oven. The air conditioning did not work and as you could not open the windows it was like being in a sealed box. The power shower looked great with adjustable head and side jets, however, the water only dribbled out and when you turned the jets on the top part went off. The shower had black mould around the base and between the tiles which you were able to scrape of. obviously had not been properly cleaned for months.
The jacuzzi bath looked great however it did not work either.
The sink in the bathroom was craked in three places with black mould in the cracks.
We reported all this and were told it would be looked at. Nobody apeared. We mentioned it again when we checked out to be told there was no record of our original complaint.
They were quick enough to charge the full amount despite none of the facilities advertised working.
We decide not to argue the point and left pretty disgusted with the whole affair!

3 Thank sauzee092
GLASGOW
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

I stayed here for one night for a business event that lasted all day and night we used the meeting rooms no issues standard hotel rooms. We checked in thankfully they had checked us all in at the one time so it was quick and easy to pick up our keys however some colleagues had issues with there keys and had to go back down, The room itslef was spacious and clean, I had 2 double beds and the beds where very comfortable. However I was facing the Kingston bridge and it was a bit noisy at night I sleep like a log normally however I heard the constant drum of the motorway and really struggled to sleep. The shower was a bit of a nightmare in the morning, I couldnt seem to get the temp right and the shower holder was wonky wouldnt sit right so had to stand a weird way to get washed, toiletries etc where good iron in the room etc
Breaskfast and Dinner was nice no issues there.
The car park now I am sure I will get a parking fine through the post in the next few weeks, I gave my registration plate at reception and was told that would give me the discounted rate however when I went to pay in the car park it wouldnt accept my registration plate, It was hammering down and I ended up soaking needless to say with little sleep and being soaked I decided ot go home rather than go in and complain didnt have the energy , all in all I was disappointed with this hotel only use as a last resort the small good things dont make up for the bad things.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2011

Usual marriott standard rooms, very clean and upmarket. Great breakfast and great rate through there direct website.

Easy to find hotel straight off the motorway, only downside is that it is a little walk into Glasgow.

Nice and friendly staff with great welcome.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott in Glasgow on Saturday night 22nd January 2011. We have stayed here many times before - sometimes on our own and sometimes with friends. I love this hotel. The rooms are lovely and the staff are great. Because we are Marriott Rewards members, we got an upgrade to an Executive Room on the 12th Floor. The room was VERY comfortable - a wonderful, huge, bed with beautiful bed linen. The hotel is very well located - we went out for dinner and it was easy and fast to get a taxi outside. The leisure club has a nice wee swimming pool and a really good sauna and steam room - nice big changing rooms too. In the morning, the breakfast buffet was great - lots of choice and very nice quality food. A special mention to 2 great members of staff - Laura on Reception (very professional and a lovely welcome), and Muriel in the breakfast restaurant (fantastic customer service, great attention to detail, and so friendly and polite). If you want good value for money, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to you. The only thing we don't like is having to pay £8 (yes, £8!!) to park in the car park.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Glasgow Marriott while attending our daughter's graduation from UGlasgow. It was my second trip, his first, so a full service hotel was his request. The service we received from the staff (all staff) was excellent. Employees were friendly and extremely helpful. The location was good as well, right next to the Anderston train station and a quick ten minute walk to the city center. We were there during the early winter snow storms, and the hotel walkways and paths were kept clear of snow. The room was very nice, bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on, and the restaurant was an excellent choice for breakfast each day. Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple