“Good loaction, reasonable rates”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Argyle Street) Hotel
Ranked #51 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Carluke, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Good loaction, reasonable rates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Stayed in the hotel for one night after the works christmas night out, room was very comfortable and quiet. Had a quiet drink in the bar, very relaxing atmosphere. Would stay here again. My double room for the night was only £19! Great value!

1 Thank Mooche86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

Very noisy room, traffic going past and not good double glazing. The heating was very noisy too, lots of disturbance during the night . seems like a lot of lads nights out use this hotel as its city centre . Not at all pleasant

Room Tip: Pick a high room, and ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Crocusgrove
Cardenden, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

I spent 1 night at the Argyle Street Premier Inn on 30th Dec 2012 for my birthday, I booked early and got the room for just £19...which was just excellent, I also wanted a central location as the trip was for me to visit the shops with my 13 year old daughter. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from Central Station and totally perfect for being near the shops etc. The reception staff were very helpful, the room was much more spacious than I had expected. We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and I was very much delighted to find out that my daughter could eat for free (breakfast) as long as I paid for a full breakfast, also after our dinner I had expected that we would need to retreat to our room given my daughters age, but no children are allowed to sit in the bar, which was braw as there was only the 2 of us so I wouldn't have sat in the bar myself!!.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and have already done so since I returned from my wee trip to Glasgow. I cannot comment on the parking in the area as we travelled by coach to Glasgow then took a taxi down to the hotel.

Hope you enjoy your stay if you go here as I definitely did and will definitely be going back xx

Alana from Fife

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank alanaj_71
Norwich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

The first thing that struck me was the area that the hotel is located in - there is a mix of run down, closed up properties yet look the other direction and there are some really modern, tidy offices too.

The hotel itself is easy to get to, I caught a bus from the airport which cost £5 and there are a couple of stops about five minutes walk.

Reception staff were friendly and polite making check-in a breeze. My room was pretty spacious being a twin, it was clean and tidy and felt relaxing. I didn't have the best view in the world but looking past the offices which backed onto the hotel things were better.

The bar and restaurant staff were really cool and more than happy to have a chat and over five days you feel you've got to know them pretty well. They actually bothered to remember me when I turned up for breakfast and dinner each day which is more than the vast majority of hotels.

If you come out of the hotel and turn right at the corner you can walk down to the river in a few minutes. You can walk either way up or down the river, heading away from the city will take you toward the "armadillo" and a pretty nice bridge.

There is also a cinema and Nando's over the river which is easily accessed via the footbridge and a brief walk down the other side of the river.

If you're eating in, there are a few decent deals available and every meal I had was prepared well and tasty as well as being good value.

Overall,

Room Tip: It's generally not noisy although a room away from the main road would be quieter. Although t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Abingdon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Location was very central, staff very helpful - rooms were basic but clean, and really good value (I booked a special offer of £19/night). I lost my mobile and the staff were helpful in letting me make a few calls from reception.

Car parking is £6 for 24 hours in an adjacent Public car park, which was reasonable. Wi-fi signal wasn't great, so didn't use the complimentary 30 minutes (it's only £3 for 24 hours, which is usually good value).

1 Thank Mark_in_Abingdon
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

I arrived on the 28th December for one week and asked the receptionist Cheryl for a quiet room, she was a lovely girl, very friendly and helpful, she gave me 524 which is brilliant, lovely and clean. It's so peaceful i don't hear a thing day or night. The chambermaid cleans the room brilliantly, Danny the barman/ waiter couldn't do enough for me, he was genuinely concerned that I was happy with the meal and the Asst.. Duty Manager who I think was called Zara was also concerned that I enjoyed my meal and the accommodation. The hotel is located near Central Station and the main shopping areas of Glasgow. There are inexpensive eateries all around and the hotel's abundant supply of tea, coffee, milk and sugar.are great. Great comfortable bed, nice tv with freeview and free 30 mins. per day wi-fi.I would recommend this to anybody.

Room Tip: Ask for room 524, there is no noise whatsoever.
2 Thank Aine-11
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

This hotel is perfectly situated, very close to shopping transport links. Staff very friendly, hotel very clean and perfect for weekend break or business. Lovely having a Costa in reception too! Definitely use this hotel again, thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business