Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Argyle Street) Hotel
Ranked #54 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very clean, tidy and comfortable hotel. Staff friendly and helpful. No noise. Restaurant good value for money and food was good. Perfect location for Glasgow Central Station and NECC for our training day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My partner & i stayed at this hotel for an exhibition at the SECC which is only about a 10-15 minute walk away. Upon arrival we were given a very warm welcome by the girl on reception and checked in efficiently. The room we stayed in was on the 6th floor (611), and was a reasonable size. As we were at the back of the building we overlooked offices through the small window. On arrival I switched on the tv but could not get it to work, so I asked the girl on reception & she advised to switch it off at the mains and leave it a few seconds before switching on again. This advice was spot on.The other problems I had with the room were the shaver socket didn't work and I found the bed uncomfortable. I can highly recommend using the restaurant for evening meals / breakfasts, the staff that worked in the restaurant were always very friendly and efficient. The location for this premier inn is excellent for the SECC or Hydro, and it is only a short walk away from Central station and the great shops of Buchanan Street. Also if you are coming from the airport to this premier inn, you can get the 500 bus which stops in Bothwell Street with only a 2 minute walk from the bus stop!. Overall we both had a very pleasant stay at this premier inn and will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Had to opportunity to stay at this hotel just a few days ago. Overall a great stay .. the staff were excellent, atmosphere was nice, food- breakfast and dinner- were always fresh and wide variety to choose from especially dinner and the room was good too ! Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here, with a couple of friends, on Sunday and Monday night - we got a real bargain of rooms for £25 each night.

All the reception staff we had contact with were efficient, friendly and genuinely seemed to care about us enjoying our stay - even to the extent of providing a plaster from the first aid kit to protect a blister on my wife's heel.

The rooms were perhaps the smallest Premier Inn rooms we've experienced but they were clean and comfortable - as always. The water pressure in the bathroom was poor, but adequate - assuming you have time to wait for the soap to rinse off! There was a vent in the bathroom, but we were not aware of any powered extraction device. Perhaps this was not such a bad thing, as they can sometimes be a bit noisy.

We had requested rooms on a high floor, and not near the lifts, but there was some noise from traffic during the night. Perhaps we were just not used to it living, as we do, in a quiet cul-de-sac.

The dining room had a very relaxed and welcoming aura - although the 'canned music' wasn't really necessary at breakfast-time. The layout was spacious and the decor pleasant and the breakfast buffet was pretty good too!

The Costa Coffee shop is currently undergoing a total refit and so wasn't available.

BEWARE, HOWEVER - and i'd never come across this one before - don't let your room key card come in contact with a mobile phone or credit cards as, according to one of the receptionists, they deactivate them and you'll be locked out!

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor, away from the lifts and not overlooking a street
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband, our 10-week-old baby and I had a really pleasant stay at this hotel. Not the most 'savoury' area in the evenings but it was conveniently located for where I needed to go to and the city ctr

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night as part of a trip where we passed through Glasgow and stayed for a few hours. The breakfast was excellent and the beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. It seemed like pretty good value for money. The location is very central and close to quite a few good restaurants.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My three day stay was booked through a corporate travel agency by the company I was working for and when I arrived I was told I had to pay in full myself as the hotel had supposedly not been paid. I subsequently found out that this was not the case. After a five hour train journey and arriving in a strange city late on Sunday evening, I had no choice but to pay it.
If Premier Inns are to be taken seriously for business travel they need to sort this out.
Apart from that and the fact that the lift was pretty useless, the staff were friendly and helpful and the facilities were very good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Susan A, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Argyle Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Hi Paul,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Please be assured your comments have been noted regarding the confusion with your payment. If you wouldnt mind emailing myself on susan.aitchison@whitbread.com so I can ensure that the confusion has been rectified. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future

Warm Regards