Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Argyle Street) Hotel
Artto Hotel(Glasgow)
Hilton Glasgow(Glasgow)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,241 results
All reviewscentral stationcosta coffeecity centreq parkgood nights sleepmeal dealshort walkcar parknight's sleepcomfy bedtwin roombudget hotelstayed here for one nightgeorge squarepiseccconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had a pleasant stay in this hotel the staff were friendly and helpful providing our party with all the info we needed during our stay. The hotel was in the perfect location for the venue of our concert.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Had no concerns about staying here before as I have stayed in several Premier Inn's when crashing in cities for the night. Have often stayed in the Premier Inn in George St, Glasgow and have always had a great experience.

Not at Argyle Street.

First of all, when we reached our floor there was a strong smell of sick. I don't know where it was coming from but it was disgusting.
Secondly, the rooms are by far the smallest of any Premier Inn I have stayed in. Cramped and just felt a bit dingy to be honest.

I then walked through the sick-smelling corridor and went down to the bar to get us some Prosecco for whilst we got ready.

I waited 20 minutes before anyone appeared at the bar to serve. I could have jumped behind the bar and just taken the Prosecco and nobody would have noticed. Once I was finally served, they had no champagne flutes therefore we had to drink the prosecco out of wine glasses.

Then once we returned, I could not believe the noise. Not only could you hear every sound from the street outside, there seemed to be some sort of a loud vibrating, buzzing noise every few minutes as though it was the heating system or something. I literally seen every hour on the clock and did not sleep a wink. Also the blinds were useless so the room was really light.
Worst nights sleep ever!

I know the Premier Inn is not expensive but I was so thankful we did not spend a lot of time in the hotel, it really was awful. I would not go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Freda M, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Argyle Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high quality of accommodation in all our establishments, and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured that your feedback is very much valued by us and we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customers needs.

If there is anything else I can do to help resolve this for you please do not hesitate to contact me with details of your reservation and I will be sure to look in to this for you.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Booked hotel as we were attending a wedding in Glasgow, Very nice hotel, great city centre location, friendly staff, less than 5 minute walk to bus stop for direct bus to airport, room on 4th floor was clean, comfortable bed/pillows. They held our bags for the day and allowed us to check-in late that night. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Freda M, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Argyle Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with Premier Inn Glasgow Argyle Street. Your feedback is very important to us and we are delighted that you had a good stay and you found our location convenient during your travels. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great place to stay when visiting Glasgow. Handy for Central Station and the city centre. Great food AND a Costa Coffee in reception ! Some good pubs and restaurants on opposite side of the street from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We're so pleased to hear that you had such a lovely stay with us here at Premier Inn Glasgow Argyle Street and we do hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This Premier Inn is situated in a very convenient location, being only about a five minute walk from Glasgow Central Station and only about 10-15 minutes from Glasgow Queen Street station.

The hotel itself is well presented once you walk through the entrance, although the reception area is a little spartan and there is not very much to make you realise you have walked into the reception area. In fact, the biggest thing on the ground floor is the Costa Coffee store which can be accessed from the reception area itself.

The rooms in this hotel can be described as compactt compact with everything in them that you will need for a nights sleep. I have refrained from saying a good nights sleep as this wa snot my experience when I stayed there.

The hotel unfortunately deos suffer horribly from the noise which comes in from the main street outside. The hotel sits on Argyle Street hwich is a very very busy street through the centre of Glasgow and yet there seems to have been no effort made to insulate the windows so that you don't get the noise of every vehicle and person that walks past.

I also had noise problems inside the hotel due to a very noisy couple in the room nest door to me. It got to the stage where I had to go to Reception to ask if it was possibel to change rooms as the noise was intolerable. Unfortuantely this wasn't possible as the hotel was fully booked the evening that I stayed.

however, the receptionist did arrange for the hotel manager to go and speak to the couple next door and eventually the noise did die down. However, it took a little while for the manager to go to the room and speak to them, which given that this was something which was causing disturbance and distress to another guest, was not ideal and really did ruin the entire evening at the hotel, particularly after a long journey from the south of England.

I would stay at this hotel again, but it certainly would not be my first choice as there are other Premier Inns nearby which have better facilities, more spacious rooms and which do not cost any more to stay at.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo