“Terrible service, nasty food, not worth the money.”
Review of Cafe Rouge Glasgow - CLOSED

Cafe Rouge Glasgow
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Firstly I was upset by the slow pace of the waiting staff. They took at least ten minutes to take a drinks order and then appeared with them 5 minutes after that. At no point did this improve. The menu was very limited, and when it came (40 minutes after we ordered, by the by) the portions were small and not special. They were in no way worth the money. The climax of the terrible meal however, was the pudding. I ordered a creme brule. Anyone who knows about food would be aware that it should be a solid pudding, but what was put down in front of me was the consistency of water, and the top was a far to small and flakey, burnt circle. I sent it back immediately and asked for the bill. If the chef thinks that was an acceptable £6 desert, I wouldn't want to think of what else they would put on a plate. Save your irritation, go to Pizza Express.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've no idea what any of the food is like at this place. We tried it twice over the weekend as we were keen to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine but on each occasion a (different) waiter was so rude/unfriendly we immediately left.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The mussels and the tarte provencale were good and we also enjoyed the outdoor setting in the same plaza with the Gallery of Modern Art. Service was good even on a busy day.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I really enjoy eating here as I like the food and the atmosphere. I've never had a bad experience at this restaurant, whether it be having a coffee, or a meal. It is definitely one of my favourites.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch with my girlfriend a few weeks ago and were served by Dani. She was amazing, very attentive and helpful. Made our dining experience cracking. Will definitely be back.