“What a star”

Ranked #56 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Playa de las Americas, Spain
“What a star”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

This hotel was a great find. We spent the weekend in Glasgow visiting family while traveling Scotland. Staff made us feel right at home and welcomed us with open arms. Made us feel very home sick for scotland.
Hotel was very clean, staff great and location perfect for the west end. We requested a ground floor room which was a bit noisy but that could our only negative point of what was a perfect weekend.
Beer was also very cheap in the bar.

Room Tip: Maybe request a higher back room
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Warm hotel, with friendly staff, we stayed for 2 nights with bedroom only so didnt have food. Was a little noisy in the morning with people having breakfast as we were above this but nothing to bad. Room was clean and tidy - also got it cleaned after our first night which was an added bonus. Rooms are quite basic and nothing fancy but are comfortable. we were also able to pay for parking for £4 a day which was a saving compaired to the prices on the machine. Overal we enjoyed our stay - not sure i would rush back but if the price was right we might well return.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 26 February 2013

During my travels in Scotland I found glasgow disappointing, but The Albion Hotel was one of the lone bright spots. Its within walking distance of the tube with several nice restaurants nearby. The rooms are pleasantly furinished with clean towels and sheets. Front desk personnel were polite and check in was a breeze.

I had a single room for 40 pounds, but I recommend upgrading to a double room for another 5 pounds. Full service restaurant with bar, and a refridgerator in the room. The only suggestion I could make would be better blackout curtains because i'm a late sleeper. Next time im in Glasgow I will stay at Albion. Had friends stay there and they also thought the hotel was great.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Sandefjord, Vestfold, Norway
Reviewed 21 February 2013

excellent service! I asked reception to swap my room because I had a shower but no bath, they did this quickly and without a problem. They couldn't do enough. Can't fault it at all, would highly recommend it. As for the Champagne Bar, I could not think of a better way to spend an evening, sipping cocktails and people watching. Can't wait to go back. Everything about this hotel is outstanding. From the facade to the shape of doors, ceilings, everything. The apartment that is opened to the public has been beautifully done and really gives the feel of the time. I have visited this three times and still see more and more. Not to be missed.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Singapore
Reviewed 18 February 2013

After the long haul flight all the way from Asia, Singapore. I am glad to have booked the Albion Hotel for my stay in the United Kingdom after reading many positive reviews from trip advisor and from friends’ recommendation.

My family and I were greeted by a friendly service team right from the start, helping with our luggage when we checked in and giving us a warm welcome. And they have assisted me and my family to get around during our stay all the way till the day we check out!

Besides the terrific service that we had experienced, the location of the hotel is fantastic, situated right by the pier, it is near the main attractions such as the Royal Pavilion, the main shopping area and where the nightlife belt resides.

However if you are looking for a lavishly decorated hotel or modern hotel this may not be for you because the hotel is vintage looking and being one of the more mature hotels, the interior of the hotel doesn’t have the brightest or smoothest of marble and stones.

Despite of that, my family and I will still choose to come back to this hotel because it feels just like home. A decent stay with a warm hospitality to boot.

On top of that, the service there is commendable, it is accessible to places where we want to visit, the hustle and bustle of activities at that locality are exciting and the price is right; reasonably priced and not overly exorbitant and a reliable roof over our heads.

To conclude, this is a simple and cosy place to stay where I will recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JY_Chia
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I went to Glasgow for the first time and my clients recommended me to stay in the Albion hotel. I was not sure about the hotel, its amenities and service. But to surprise me the hotel stay was excellent. The staff and the manager are so kind and always so care taking with a smile. They also have a bar and free wifi. The only drawback was I stayed in the second floor and I had to climb the stairs. The hotel is only 9 miles from the airport. I went to Glasgow on a business meeting and stayed for the weekend. I enquired the staff about the tourist places nearby and they gave me a tourist plan for the entire weekend. On Saturday night, I ordered Champagne Surprise, the add-ons provided by the hotel. For the cost, I would say it was very enjoyable with the Bottle of Champagne, Strawberries & Luxury Chocolates. For £40 a night, I enjoyed a peaceful and enjoyable stay and I recommend this hotel to everyone who loves to have a pleasant stay in Glasgow.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Moses S
Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This was my first meeting in Scotland and my friend recommended me this hotel. Honestly, I was not very sure what type of hotel that would be but it turned out to be beyond my expectations. I am one such person who find it difficult to stay in a hotel room for too long, but I had no choice because of the tiring trip and unfavorable climatic conditions, I enjoyed my stay there but one thing that I disliked about the hotel was the view from my room; the view from the room opposite to mine was much better but sadly it was already occupied.

Room Tip: If you plan to stay in this hotel, make sure you choose a room with a good view.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business