Babbity Bowster
US$338
US$207
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$364
US$292
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$301
US$293
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewscullen skinkmerchant cityhaggistea coffee and toastgypsy jazzcracking pubglasgow airportgreat place to stayvisiting glasgowcomfy bedgeorge squarescotlandconcert
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I do stay here regularly, as the bedrooms are lovely and clean and very comfortable. No TVs in the rooms but that does not bother me. The bar downstairs is an absolute delight with real ales, fine lagers - Budvar, Peroni and Tennents' - and a good selection of malt whiskies.
On the Tuesday night I stayed here, the restaurant was closed - a real shame as the food is usually excellent! - but there are so many restaurants within a 5 minute walk, that this was not a problem.
The bed was excellent, the bathroom had just been completely refurbished, so no complaints there. The full Scottish breakfast was also delicious.
The rooms are great value, the location is superb, and the atmosphere in the bar is always very welcoming. I'd strongly recommend Babbity's to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JamTarts55
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Babbity Bowster is a nice place for a quiet drink and a bite to eat (simple and traditional Scottish dishes served in the bar area downstairs), tucked in a side street between High Street and the Merchant City. There are frequently musicians in attendance, playing traditional Scottish music. A few months ago I ate in the upstairs restaurant, which was a truly memorable dining experience. The French chef has created a perfect French-Scottish fusion, and the roast duck was one of the finest dishes I've ever had anywhere. Thoroughly recommended for tourists, looking for an authentic and fine quality taste of Scotland.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Clean room, delicious food, friendly staff, and tasty real ale added up to an enjoyable stay in Glasgow.

Room Tip: Room no. 2 has a very nice shower.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Barb P
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I went in to Babbity Bowster last night (27th Aug 2011) for a pint with a friend. The barmaid served us 2 pints of Budvar and one of the pints was about an inch short of the top and the other was 2 inches from the top, about a quarter pint in my reconning, she informed us that the barrell had ran out and she would top our beers up when it was changed. About 15 minutes passed and we had not been topped up so I asked her to do this, she said she was just going to do this and proceeded to put the smallest dash you could get out of a tap into the 2 inch short glass. When I asked "is that it?" she relied "aye, thats it" and walked away. I confronted her about this later to which she just said that I was wrong and did not want to discuss it. I have been going to this pub for about 20 years an have always found the staff to be a bit stuck up, but I don't like being blatantly ripped off so I won't be back. That's the thanks you get for being one of the people who have supported and recommended this establishment over the years.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
11  Thank John W
Reviewed 14 August 2011

When you stay here you have to keep in mind that the main thing you're paying for is the fantastic location. Our room (no.3) was basic and clean(ish) - I did find a lot of stray hairs in the shower and on the toilet. The bathroom in general was not of a good standard in our opinion. But my main issue was that it was roasting even though the radiator wasn't on and our window only opened a crack so I slept badly for the 2 nights we were there.
The staff were all lovely, one lady really went out of her way to get me a hairdryer as I was expecting there to be one (take note).
My other vice was the parking. The entrance to the site was so narrow and difficult to approach from the busy main road that I ended up scraping all the side of my car on some scaffolding. I drive a ford focus, they're not that wide, so I can't see any bigger cars being able to get in easily unless the drivers are super confident.
All in all, I'm sorry to say we wouldn't return to stay the night and I wouldn't recommend the accommodation to anyone, but we would definately come back to drink and enjoy the atmosphere in the bar.

• Stayed: August 2011