“Lovely”
Review of Babbity Bowster

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glasgow
Babbity Bowster
Ranked #64 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Great location, only a few minutes walk from the train station and from nice, cosy bars. Lovely employees, all very friendly and attentive. Our room was comfortable enough for one night stay, clean and warm. I would stay here again. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kate_dreamer
There are newer reviews for Babbity Bowster

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed for one night in September and have no complaints. The room was clean and the beds were supercomfortable. Easy walk from Queen St. bus station. There were lots of shops and restaurants nearby but disappointingly the stores all closed at 6pm so I didn't get to go into any of them. Easy walk up to Glasgow Cathedral area where we spent a nice day. Not the fanciest place I've ever seen but they make that clear on the website. Overall got exactly what they advertised and would happily stay there again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Annie G
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This pub is in a great location in the Merchant City area of Glasgow. The pub has a cozy feel and there are nights were they have local music. I have seen the owner going about the place. He was always friendly. If you want to try a pub that isn't a big chain and has a local Glasgow vibe, try the Babbity Bowster. I have only gone here for drinks, and never stayed in the accommdation upstairs. I think if I was driving I might not stay here since the parking area does look to be a tight fit. However, if I was travelling into Glasgow, via train or bus, I would have no hesitations in staying here. It's only a short walk from everything in the centre of town.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KinNC2009
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed here last week and was blown away with the place. The sunshine was an added bonus and I enjoyed sitting in the garden till sunset talking to all manner of interesting locals. The food was tasty and hearty and the guest ale I tried called Jaryl went down a treat. My room was basic yet very comfortable and the staff very friendly.
My office are sending me back to Glasgow twice this month and I am looking forward to staying again and hopefully watching the euro 2012 tourney in the garden.

Well done to all

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I have stayed at the Babbity Bowster on a number of occasions and have always been impressed with the quality of the food and in particular the lovely breakfast served in the informal atmosphere of the pub , my evening meal was also of a very high standards . Its a great location in Glasgow and very good value for money indeed. The rooms are clean and tidy if a little sparse and some of the bathrooms could do with an update but it is very good value for money and very convenient. I would recommend Babbity Bowster (and very good beer)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Janet H
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed at one of the rooms above the Babbity Bowster for 1 night while in Glasgow. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and the location was great. We had a couple meals there as well and the food was good as well-great Cullen Skink. Although breakfast wasn't included, £60 for a double room was a fabulous deal for that location-I would definitely return if staying in Glasgow again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChiGalLauren
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I do stay here regularly, as the bedrooms are lovely and clean and very comfortable. No TVs in the rooms but that does not bother me. The bar downstairs is an absolute delight with real ales, fine lagers - Budvar, Peroni and Tennents' - and a good selection of malt whiskies.
On the Tuesday night I stayed here, the restaurant was closed - a real shame as the food is usually excellent! - but there are so many restaurants within a 5 minute walk, that this was not a problem.
The bed was excellent, the bathroom had just been completely refurbished, so no complaints there. The full Scottish breakfast was also delicious.
The rooms are great value, the location is superb, and the atmosphere in the bar is always very welcoming. I'd strongly recommend Babbity's to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business