“Comfy room, lovely food”
Review of Babbity Bowster

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glasgow
Babbity Bowster
Ranked #64 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I came here with my husband for a romantic weekend break as we had never been to Glasgow before and had heard great things. The room was clean and comfortable. We ate in the upstairs restaurant, where the food was a fabulous mix of French and Scottish cuisine. We loved the Duck and the Lamb! The service was efficient and friendly. Highly recommended!

3  Thank Jellie-bean16
There are newer reviews for Babbity Bowster

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I was excited about re-visiting this pub after a number of years away from Glasgow but was unfortunately disappointed by the quality of the food.The atmosphere was still very good and the beer on offer a nice change from a lot of pubs.The real problem was the quality of food on offer. If you are going to offer Stovies then give us Stovies and not mince and tatties. If you are going to offer clootie dumpling then make sure that is what it is. If you set yourself up as a Scottish restaurant then you should at least try to be a bit more authentic.I will go back when I am next in Glasgow but not sure I will eat

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jock1957
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This is a great wee pub with loads of atmosphere and best of all a couple of real ale taps. The night we were in (Saturday) there was a group of traditional musicians playing in the corner. The pub was cosy and the bar staff were very nice, helpful and friendly. Will try this as a place to stay next time, given the TA reviews. The food was very good too. All in all a really nice place to be and away from the hustle and bustle.

3  Thank Bazrat92
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Great location, only a few minutes walk from the train station and from nice, cosy bars. Lovely employees, all very friendly and attentive. Our room was comfortable enough for one night stay, clean and warm. I would stay here again. No complaints at all.

3  Thank kate_dreamer
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed for one night in September and have no complaints. The room was clean and the beds were supercomfortable. Easy walk from Queen St. bus station. There were lots of shops and restaurants nearby but disappointingly the stores all closed at 6pm so I didn't get to go into any of them. Easy walk up to Glasgow Cathedral area where we spent a nice day. Not the fanciest place I've ever seen but they make that clear on the website. Overall got exactly what they advertised and would happily stay there again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Annie G
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This pub is in a great location in the Merchant City area of Glasgow. The pub has a cozy feel and there are nights were they have local music. I have seen the owner going about the place. He was always friendly. If you want to try a pub that isn't a big chain and has a local Glasgow vibe, try the Babbity Bowster. I have only gone here for drinks, and never stayed in the accommdation upstairs. I think if I was driving I might not stay here since the parking area does look to be a tight fit. However, if I was travelling into Glasgow, via train or bus, I would have no hesitations in staying here. It's only a short walk from everything in the centre of town.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KinNC2009
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed here last week and was blown away with the place. The sunshine was an added bonus and I enjoyed sitting in the garden till sunset talking to all manner of interesting locals. The food was tasty and hearty and the guest ale I tried called Jaryl went down a treat. My room was basic yet very comfortable and the staff very friendly.
My office are sending me back to Glasgow twice this month and I am looking forward to staying again and hopefully watching the euro 2012 tourney in the garden.

Well done to all