“Great Location”

Novotel Glasgow Centre
Ranked #43 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This hotel is well placed for Glasgow City Centre as it is only a short walk away. There are plenty of places to eat in Sauchiehall Street.
The hotel staff are friendly and very helpful as a Novotel you know what to expect.
There is a small fitness suite on the top floor which has some great views.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruces99
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for your short review following on from your recent stay with us in Glasgow.
I am pleased that you had a pleasant experience and do hope that upon your next visit to Glasgow that you choose Novotel again.

General manager

Reviewed 16 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed here for 25 hours. The rooms are clean the staff is very accommodating, the hotel is very close to food and shopping. I gave it a 3 because the air conditioning doesn't work that well but they will give you a fan for your room.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Michelle S,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you food the hotel to be clean & staff helpful but haev noted your comments regarding the air conditioning.

We have been having a long spell of hot weather, which is very unusual in Scotland (!!) but during this period did not 1 fault on our chiller unit, which has now been rectified. I apologise if this effected your comfort during your time at the hotel.

I trust that you had an enjoyable trip to Scotland and do hope to see you back at some point soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We arrived from the airport by cab. We were greeted by staff who gave us the layout of the hotel, with a key to the free sauna, steam room and gym (I actually never used it). They also provided a city map and answered questions about directions to sites we wished to see. And recommended a few places that we didn't know about. They offered to book reservations for dinner at the hotel or elsewhere . We felt very welcome from the moment we entered. The room was light and sunny - with a nice queensize bed and extra pillows and bathroom with tub amd shower. room had temperature controls - good on a hot day. Breakfast came with my room. It was a buffet that had many hot and cold items as well as continental breakfast items. And you could have as much as you wanted. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking some time to review your stay with us at Novotel Glasgow Centre.
I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable break with us and will of course pass your comments onto the team.
I do hope that if you are back in Scotland that we see you back at our hotel.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel on a Sunday afternoon and were checked in quickly and efficiently. The hotel difficult to find if following sat nav so check a map in advance. We were making use of the sofa bed in the room for our daugher and my wife fell through the bed when she knelt on it. 3 of the slats were missing from the bed and my wife was injured. The duty manager came up to the room and arranged to move us. We had a similar experience in the next room but fortunately I checked the sofa bed before anyone got on it. The duty manager said she had checked it and 'couldn't understand how it had happened between her checking it and us noticing it'. If we hadn't been travelling with a young and tired child we would have left the hotel at this stage. We moved room again and all was ok. The duty manager on the Sunday didn't really care about the injury, however, when I raised the issue to the duty manager the following morning it was dealt with correctly and I was later contacted by the General Manager. I am confident that the management will deal with these issues and make the required repairs. Despite these problems, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the issues you encountered with your sofa bed, we have of course already make the necessary repairs.

We normally pride ourselves on the servcie we offer our clients, especially the attention the hotel team gives to families so I am disapointed that we let ourselves down on this occasion.

I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We chose yo stay at this hotel for a couple of nights whilst exploring Glasgow.

Upon arrival we were encouraged to upgrade our room for £20 which we did. The room was very pleasant and clean and net out needs, however, we happen to have stayed when the weather for Glasgow was unnaturally hot and as such at times I found the room simply too hot to be in. It could have done with either a fan or air conditioning. Part of our room upgrade included complimentary water each day and free wifi. We had to chase for the water on the second day and the wifi was poor to non existent which im this day and age is unacceptable.

Overall satisfactory but not perfect.

1  Thank Ginge-2710
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based upon your recent stay with us.
I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay, allbeit during what has to have been the hottest tempertaures Glasgow has seen for years.

I am sorry that your water was not replenished in your room and have noted your comments regarding Wifi.

We have recently installed a new Wifi system in the hotel, which is complimnetary for our guests. The has come with a few teething problems which we hope have now been ironed out.

I thank you for choosing Novotel Glasgow and do hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant reception on arrival. Great service. Very helpful staff and would certainly stay here again. Only issue is, to get into town it's downhill but obviously up hill on the way back so might not be suitable for anyone with mobility issues but other than that, great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Novotel Glasgow Centre.

I am delighted that you had a positive experiance for which I will ensure the team recieves your comments.

I do hope that on your next visit to Glasgow that we get the opportunity to welcome back to the hotel.