1,773 results
All reviewsseparate toiletsauchiehall streetexecutive roomcar parkkings theatresofa bedstreet parkingcoffee machinereception staffbars and restaurantscentral locationwould stay againstayed here for one nightbreakfast was excellentconcertpoundshydro
Reviewed 4 November 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is 5 minutes from Sauchiehall Street and is in a perfect location for shopping. Don't be persuaded to upgrade to a executive room for an additional £20 per night before looking at the room, identical size just different , but not better furnishing!!

Breakfast was poor, poor quality produce and baked beans either cold or heated to the point of turning to mush, then allowed to become luke warm, yuk!!! so my advice would be save £13,99 and go to Wetherspoons 2 minutes walk away!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor overlooking front of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynne5460

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay , I am sorry to read however that our breakfast standard let us down - please accept my apologies.

We are constantly looking at ways to improve our operation, including breakfast and will use your feedback in order to achieve this.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Visited Glasgow for a business meeting and this hotel was near the venue.
Walked there in about 10 mins from Glasgow Central Station and was welcomed and checked in quickly and efficiently.
I was offered upgraded rooms at extra cost but decided to check out the standard room first as I was only staying overnight.
The room was large (compared to London standards) and had a double bed and a settee as well as a large bathroom and separate WC.
Staff were pleasant and breakfast was more than adequate.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank paisleypark10

Thank you for your positive comments following your recent stay with us.

I do hope that we see you back at Novotel Glasgow Centre on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

firstly the hotel is well located, and the room is nice/as expected

my concerns are around the staff on the front desk: on checking in, the staff member couldnt find my booking, and proceeded to tell me i had made a mistake even though the i had a confirm in my hand. This proceeded to her finding someone with a similar name to mine, and asking me to just "go" with that persons details. On asking for the manager, things got resolved, but a very tiresome and frustrating process.

On checking out, i was also charged for items i had not bought, and had to get them to issue me a refund.

check out staff need to be better

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at Novotel Glasgow Centre with others.
I am disapointed to read that our front desk team have let us down on this occasion, this is not common for them - please accept my sincere apologies.

I hope that we get the opportunity to show you that this is not the standard service which we offer, on a return visit to the hotel.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Comfy bed. At a weekend, on non-stupid room rates, upgrading to an exec room costs not a lot, and you get more space, proper coffee and water for free.

Decent gym for a hotel of this type.

The bar is a bit "halls of residence" but a large glass of decent wine is actually not badly priced.

If you're in Glasgow for shopping or a gig/concert this is a very good choice.

Room Tip: High floor: quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.
I am pleased that you had an enjoyable time at the hotel and do hope to see you back at the hotel soon.