We stayed during two nights in a standard room with breakfast.
The lobby appears in modern design but this is just the first impression. When you enter the elevator one can see that the lobby is just cosmetics. The carpet on the floors and the rooms is definitely from the last decade and gives a dark look and feel.
Rooms are clean but the air-condition was not working properly in our, so it was really hot (even if it was outside just 20 degrees Celsius).
Breakfast from the buffet offered a reasonable selection with a strong accent on the cooked American/English options. A little disappointing was the coffee that was just "Ground Coffee" instead of filter or machine coffee. But this seems to be the scotch standard throughout the country.
Overall this is a solid hotel with friendly staff that will do for a short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This AA 4 Star Novotel is a stylish hotel in the centre of Glasgow. Enjoy your break staying within walking distance of designer shopping and nightlife in the city centre. For business travellers there are six meeting rooms for up to 40 people and easy access to the M8 and train stations with the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC) just 5 minutes away. Enjoy our Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, rooftop fitness suite with a gym, sauna and steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Novotel Glasgow Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Glasgow Centre Hotel Glasgow
- Accor Glasgow Centre
- Glasgow Novotel
- Novotel Glasgow Centre Scotland