We stayed for two nights, and were a little apprehensive having seen the reviews after we booked.
We needn't have been.
£3 taxi ride from Glasgow Central Station, very friendly receptionist, daughter was impressed to be offered a toy from the 'toy draw'. Obviously low cost, but that's not the point, it made her feel welcome.
Room was on the 5th floor, adequate size, clean, and comfortable. We were persuaded to upgrade to an executive room and that included a Nexpresso Coffee machine (not sure if these are in standard rooms or not). The result is to send me shopping for one of these. Water in the fridge was nice.
The separate bathroom and toilet is unusual, but none the worse for it. The bath is comfortable and the showers exceptional. Nice selection of toiletries (which you won't see in a Travellodge!).
The only negative to the room is the polyester bed covers were very noisy when moved. With a fidget 8 year old it was quite distracting.
Breakfast was pleasant, although the staff seemed to be struggling to keep up. I had a sausage'less cooked breakfast alas.
Some of the staff (with the exception of reception) seemed a little surly, and I did not enjoy waiting for 3 or 4 minutes at the bar while the chap was preparing a coffee for someone else. An acknowledgement, together with a "I'll be with you in a moment" would have been appreciated.
Also twice (separate days) found the cubicles in gents toilets out of paper. Not expected from a 4* hotel.
Location of Hotel was fine - shops just 5/10 minutes walk away.
Overall - We'll probably be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This AA 4 Star Novotel is a stylish hotel in the centre of Glasgow. Enjoy your break staying within walking distance of designer shopping and nightlife in the city centre. For business travellers there are six meeting rooms for up to 40 people and easy access to the M8 and train stations with the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC) just 5 minutes away. Enjoy our Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, rooftop fitness suite with a gym, sauna and steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Novotel Glasgow Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Glasgow Centre Hotel Glasgow
- Accor Glasgow Centre
- Glasgow Novotel
- Novotel Glasgow Centre Scotland