I booked dinner, bed and breakfast using Accor points, so got a very good deal. We arrived before the 2 pm check in time but had no problem checking in slightly early. The hotel is reasonably close to the city centre, close enough for us to walk.
Our room was very spacious, with a double bed and fold down double bed/couch. I suspect we may have been upgraded though that wasn't mentioned. Plenty of drawers and coat hangers, though we didn't need them for a one night stay. The separate toilet was tiny and the WC very close to the door. The bathroom was much larger. Everything was clean and everything worked.
Free WiFi is provided, with a paid option of upgraded service. The free service was quite slow but adequate for light web browsing and emails.
The restaurant decor is rather stark and it feels as if it is an extension of the lobby, a feeling possibly exaggerated by my being placed at an opening (unglazed) looking into the lobby area. We were told that the set menu, with three choices, could be replaced by an £18.75 credit against the full menu, but we both chose the set menu. Between us we chose two thirds of the available starters and main courses, and we're well satisfied with all our choices. In contrast, the 'mature' cheddar cheese plate, which included two pieces of red and one of white bog standard cheddar, was a disappointment, partly made up for by the excellent small oatcakes and fresh fruit accompanying the cheese.
The breakfast was very good, with a full selection of cooked and continental food, and natural yoghurt which is not always provided in British hotels. The only disappointment was that, in Glasgow of all places, there were no rolls. The buffet was awkwardly placed close to tables and on the route to and from the entrance, making it awkward to navigate, with lots of 'excuse me' and 'after you' needed.
All in all, particularly at the price we paid using my vouchers, we were very satisfied with the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This AA 4 Star Novotel is a stylish hotel in the centre of Glasgow. Enjoy your break staying within walking distance of designer shopping and nightlife in the city centre. For business travellers there are six meeting rooms for up to 40 people and easy access to the M8 and train stations with the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC) just 5 minutes away. Enjoy our Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, rooftop fitness suite with a gym, sauna and steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Superbreak UK, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Glasgow Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Glasgow Centre Hotel Glasgow
- Accor Glasgow Centre
- Glasgow Novotel
- Novotel Glasgow Centre Scotland