“Great Novatel”

Novotel Glasgow Centre
Ranked #43 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Within walking distance from central station (10-15mins) and shopping, the Novatel offers great accomodation and friendly service.
I stayed here to go to the o2 and its literally round the corner.
I would stay here again for those reasons alone.

• Stayed: February 2014
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you very much for this very nice review and for giving us the best possible score of 5* following your recent stays at the Novotel Glasgow Centre.
I am particularly pleased to read that you enjoyed our property with its excellent location and quality accommodations as well as our always very friendly service.
We will be very happy welcoming you back to our hotel for any of your future visits to Glasgow.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have stayed several times here. The rooms are always clean and prepared well. Facilities are excellent. The staff are helpful and cheerful and recently helped by posting on a box I had left in the room.
You are within easy walk of entertainments and the Underground.
Parking in the street easy to access and available but check charges and when your time runs out.
All in all well priced efficient and friendly hotel

Room Tip: upper floors are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your nice comments and for giving us this excellent 5 stars rating following your many stays at our property.
It is a great satisfaction to see that have stayed several times with us and always enjoyed our excellent facilities and well as our helpful and cheerful staff. I very glad we were able to help you with the box and I would also like to inform you what we have an underground garage within the hotel.
It has always been a great pleasure looking after you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Glasgow Centre for all of your future stays.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

A regular hotel for me when I am working in Glasgow for a few days each month. Easy to access by road, although limited parking available underneath the hotel. Lots of parking available on street, but charges start from 08.00 in the morning.

Friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable rooms that are always clean and tidy. I do enjoy my stays.

Room Tip: Avoid 5th floor under the gym (SE corner) - you can hear the thump thump thump of the running machin...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your loyalty and for leaving us such a great comment as well as an excellent 5* rating.
I am very satisfied reading that you always enjoy your stays, liking our convenient location, our comfortable, clean rooms and of course our very friendly and always helpful staff.
It is always a pleasure having you staying with us and we look forward to welcome you back for all your next stays at the Novotel Glasgow Centre.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

On balance, my experience of Novotel was certainly a positive one.

The check in was very good, by extremely friendly staff who allowed an early check in as our room was ready.
We had lunch in the elements bar which was pretty pleasant and reasonably priced.

The breakfast was nice, although the cooked breakfast was a bit sporadic as the quality differed from day to day. Also some items ran out quite quickly although the restaurant was busy. The quality seemed to improve throughout my stay, so I put this down to a one off.

The room was nice an comfortable, although I do agree with previous comments that the toilet did smell of urine. I think a change of cleaning solution may help this as I thought the standard of cleanliness was generally good.

We did have a problem with the mp3 player on the TV, however this was reported to reception and sorted very promptly, so all good really.

I would stay here again, although I would not pay the full rate for the room. I have stayed in many London hotels for less than the stated rate of far greater quality. That aside, I would happily pay around £100 a night for the standard room and paying extra for breakfast.

All things considered, a pleasant experience and will book again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you very much for leaving us this feedback following your stay at our hotel.
I am very pleased that you liked rooms, your lunch and breakfast as well as our always extremely friendly and helpful staff.
I am really happy that all things considered this was a pleasant experience for you and that you book us again.
It has been our pleasure to look after you and we will be pleased to welcome you back to the Novotel Glasgow Centre for any of your future stays.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Really impressed by our stay at Novotel in Glasgow. With some previous stay's at other budget hotels in Glasgow turning out to be awful and had very poor bedding/mattresses and facilities Novotel was the complete opposite of this. Really comfy beds and soft quilts/pillows and sheets I had a brilliant nights sleep. Check in was swift and staff very pleasant. Rooms were of a nice standard with simple decor and furnishing but we weren't looking for more than this as we were heading out for the night. Rooms are also a very good size.

Hotel is perfect location for a night out if you are heading to sauchiehall street clubs or city centre venues etc but is on a lovely quiet street so no outside noise of people passing by or noise of cars at all. Very clean hotel and rooms, looks recently decorated and all amenities good. Liked the safe entry at night too as can only enter by swiping your room card outside in the late hours.

Overall enjoyed our stay, exactly what we were looking for- no frills or fanciness, just a really nice clean, quiet, modern hotel with great quality beds. Exactly what we got, so hit the mark!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Many thank for leaving this comment here on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Novotel Glasgow Centre.
I am really delighted to read you have been impressed by our hotel. I am pleased that you liked our excellent location; conveniently close to the city centre or the shopping miles and that you liked our room with their very comfortable beds as well as our always friendly and efficient staff.
It was a pleasure looking after you and we look forward having you stay with us again for your next visit to Glasgow.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff, clean and big bedrooms with modern bathroom, however separate toilet smelled a bit of urine, wS obviously not cleaned properly judging by the smell and pubic hairs on the floor.

Room Tip: I gave cleanliness poor rating because of the toilet room,
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you a lot for leaving this feedback following your stay at our hotel.
I am very pleased that you liked our clean, big rooms as well as our always very friendly and helpful staff. I took good note on your comments about the toilet and look personally into this matter.
It has been our pleasure to look after you and we will be pleased to welcome your back to the Novotel Glasgow Centre for any of your future stays.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed there for a week and it is not what I would call comfy hotel. Deco is modern and basic. Room clean and bed comfy. Car park not free.Staff was ok but food in the restaurant was not to my liking, a bit too much on funky side. Breakfast choice was good and you could even taste some haggis.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

We would like to thank you for reviewing your experience following your recent stay at the Novotel Glasgow Centre.
I am pleased to read that you found our hotel to be comfortable and that the quality of service met your expectations.
We would really be pleased to welcome you back in a near future for your next trip to Glasgow.