“A lovely welcome”

Novotel Glasgow Centre
Ranked #43 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was down to Glasgow on Business and was delighted to have experienced the wine & nibbles on the Wednesday night, where you encourage regular business customers to 'come out of their room'. What a wonderful idea. My room was lovely, clean, v.comfortable and quiet (considering you are in the middle of the city!). Some handy toiletries were provided and lots of choices for breakfast. Next visit I'll be sure to try out the Spa. Excellent service, thank you.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We would like to thank you for taking some time to share your thoughts and for giving us the maximum score of 5 stars following your stay at the Novotel Glasgow Centre.
I am very glad to see that you like our rooms, our rich breakfast offer and that you enjoyed our clients night.
It has been our pleasure to look after you and we will be glad to welcome you back to our property for your next visit to Glasgow as well as seeing you during our next client nights.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed in Novotel for 2 nights in March. Lovely and clean though a little clinical feeling for my liking. Struggled to sleep on the memory foam mattresses, just me probably. Staff were excellent and breakfast very good.Just not for me

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Novotel Glasgow Centre.
We really appreciate your comments about our staff and we would be pleased to welcome you back in a near future for your next trip to Glasgow.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We booked 2 rooms. The first room was a disabled room. well big enough but the bathroom had a shower over the bath. Not good for my father who had a stroke and can not bend to get into a bath. The second room we booked was just ok. I expected better for a 4 star hotel. I have stayed in the premier inn in glasgow and the rooms were better. The hotel staff were brilliant.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel following your stay in Glasgow.
It is always a pleasure to see that our staff made all the difference by being always very friendly, efficent and helpful.
I sincerely would like to be able to welcome you back to our hotel and I am sure you will with a very pleasant stay at the Novotel Glasgow Centre.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Needed to stay in a place with not too much of noise but centrally located. I am sure I will go back in the future. Friendly staff. Good value for money. Very good experience and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments following your stay at our property.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Glasgow Centre and we all really look forward to welcoming you back again soon for any of your visits to Glasgow.
My best wishes,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My family and i stayed at Novotel Glasgow for our daughters 13th birthday. The staff made us feel really welcome and couldnt do enough for us. Our room was lovely and food was really good,overall our experience was excellent and we will definatley be staying there again. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Diane D

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much at Novotel Glasgow Centre giving us the maximum score of 5 stars and I look really forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your next visit to Glasgow.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

It is still my first night and the room came with lots of disappointments already, most important of which is the amount noise coming from the surrounding streets. It feels like having a room in a rough area where all the kids are revving their car engines to show off their new cars! Lots and lots of seagulls are constantly screaming without having any intention of quieting any soon. This is all showing hotel's poor noise insulation and not caring for guests convenience.
Toilet is in a separate cubicle in this hotel which according to the French manager is following the French company policy! Quite a contradiction to 'en suite' definition. Bathroom door however has been borrowed from a wardrobe with no latch to shut, hopefully this is not a French company policy as privacy and H&S must be complied with even in Iraqy hotels which are coming with so much higher standards anyway.
Parking is quite limited and best spaces are Reserved anyway, so it's a pot luck, but it's £8.00 per exit once you entered!!! Never had seen it anywhere else even in London City hotels which supposedly is the most congested major city in the world.
Internet is free, but you have to pay around £10 per night to have an uninterrupted wifi, otherwise your 3G is still faster...
And one more thing, the only art picture hanging on the wall is a replica of the mask the guy in SAW movie series wearing...woke up by all these noises and the first thing I saw was the reflection of this picture on the mirror which made me jump and still daring me to look at that mirror again...hence all these ratings at this time of the night (1:40am).

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit at Novotel Glasgow Centre. I took good note of some of your comments and I leave others to everyone appreciation of being relevant or not.
Please feel free to let us know immediately if you have any concerns during your stay in the future, so that our teams can be of help straight away.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed for 2 nights whilst attending a conference in Glasgow. The hotel was nicely decorated the staff were friendly and helpful. My room was spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent a great selection and absolutely delicious. When I had problems accessing my room due to my key-card not working the member of staff on reception escorted me personally to my room to make sure that I could enter. Great service brilliant central location for exploring the city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you so much for this nice and very long feedback on your experience at the Novotel Glasgow Centre as well as for giving us the maximum score.
I am so pleased that you had such a great stay with us, liking our rooms, location and our rich breakfast offer. I am also particularly glad that our quality of service made all the difference in making your stay so enjoyable.
It has been a pleasure having you staying with us and we look forward to welcome you back for all your next stays in Glasgow.