I was organising a stay in glasgow for a couple of nights for a concert, as I have stayed in a couple of novotel hotels before, I was quite looking forward to it! On arrival the reception area was lovely clean and modern as I expected, however that's as impressed as I was for the rest of the stay!! I had requested a twin room, we were given a double room, that was fine it was my sister and I sharing so I let that one go. The room may have been clean which is very important, but I would never classify the room as four star, premier inn rooms are much nicer, and I think in should've booked into one instead!! The rooms were needing updated, the paint work was old and patchy looking, the bed was uncomfortable and squeaky, all the furniture was outdated and the sofa looked grimy!! The bath needed to be resealed in one corner, it was all mouldy, and the small shower head sat at an angle toward the screen, meaning it was not usable!! The toilet smelled of urine, and was to be honest just horrible, it felt like you were sitting on an airplane toilet without the sink!!! On the first morning the chambermaid came knocking at the door, obviously we were still in the room and told her this, generally they come back......no, our room was in the same state we left it,I did complain, and the towels were replaced and the bed made, the bathroom had not been touched other than the towels being replaced as stated!
The breakfast was okay, the staff were all very pleasant!!
I won't be returning to this hotel, When I book four star that's what I expect, and that is definately not what I was paying for!!! To top it off, the receptionist on our departure didn't even ask if we enjoyed our stay!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This AA 4 Star Novotel is a stylish hotel in the centre of Glasgow. Enjoy your break staying within walking distance of designer shopping and nightlife in the city centre. For business travellers there are six meeting rooms for up to 40 people and easy access to the M8 and train stations with the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC) just 5 minutes away. Enjoy our Elements Restaurant and Bar, 24 hour room service, rooftop fitness suite with a gym, sauna and steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Glasgow Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Glasgow Centre Hotel Glasgow
- Accor Glasgow Centre
- Glasgow Novotel
- Novotel Glasgow Centre Scotland