“Very disappointed”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was organising a stay in glasgow for a couple of nights for a concert, as I have stayed in a couple of novotel hotels before, I was quite looking forward to it! On arrival the reception area was lovely clean and modern as I expected, however that's as impressed as I was for the rest of the stay!! I had requested a twin room, we were given a double room, that was fine it was my sister and I sharing so I let that one go. The room may have been clean which is very important, but I would never classify the room as four star, premier inn rooms are much nicer, and I think in should've booked into one instead!! The rooms were needing updated, the paint work was old and patchy looking, the bed was uncomfortable and squeaky, all the furniture was outdated and the sofa looked grimy!! The bath needed to be resealed in one corner, it was all mouldy, and the small shower head sat at an angle toward the screen, meaning it was not usable!! The toilet smelled of urine, and was to be honest just horrible, it felt like you were sitting on an airplane toilet without the sink!!! On the first morning the chambermaid came knocking at the door, obviously we were still in the room and told her this, generally they come back......no, our room was in the same state we left it,I did complain, and the towels were replaced and the bed made, the bathroom had not been touched other than the towels being replaced as stated!
The breakfast was okay, the staff were all very pleasant!!
I won't be returning to this hotel, When I book four star that's what I expect, and that is definately not what I was paying for!!! To top it off, the receptionist on our departure didn't even ask if we enjoyed our stay!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rachel B
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Novotel Glasgow Centre.
We really appreciate your kind comments about our staff as well as breakfast and we take good note of your feedback regarding our rooms and we will look into what we can do in order to enhance our customer’s experience in this area.
We would be pleased to welcome you back in a near future for your next trip to Glasgow.
Kindest regards,
Christophe Pfeilstücker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed at the Novotel for a weekend break. The room were clean and tidy and it was not very far from Glasgow Central Station. The Hotel is nicely located with just a 10 minute walk to the main shopping area of Glasgow. Charing Cross train station is only a 4 minutes walk from the hotel with direct services to Edinburgh. It is a slightly simpler hotel compared to other Novotel's I have stayed at but overall it was clean room. The breakfast was great with enough variety for a 4 star hotel and the staff were friendly and allowed us a late check out at no extra cost.

Would stay again if you would like to stay central but not in heart of the centre so you are avoiding the hustle and bustle. Taxi's to the centre are also not very expensive

Room Tip: Try to get a room towards the back of the hotel as the traffic at the front can be noisy at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fiz25
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
We would like to thank you for your kind comments and compliments following your stay at our hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much at Novotel Glasgow Centre giving us the maximum score of 5 stars and I look really forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your next visit to Glasgow.
My kindest regards,
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Can't really fault this hotel. Great location, polite and friendly staff (who remembered that I was a return visitor, free wifi, lovely room (bright and airy), great shower (and nice to have a separate toilet)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your very kind words and for giving us this great 5 stars score.
This is very much appreciated and as I am already, our whole team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in our property.
I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Glasgow Centre.
Kindest regards,
Kelso, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on wednesday 18th june . Room was clean and tidy and on the second floor. 2 lifts serviced all floors and arrived quickly . staff on desk were very helpful and free wi-fi is available. Room was well appointed with plenty room and comfy seats. Parking was in an underground parking garage at a cost of £8. Slightly off the main shopping area and not handy for shows at SECC Etc. Taxi cost around £5. to SSEC.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment your stay on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and hope to welcome you soon again to the Novotel Glasgow Centre for any of your future stays.
My best wishes,