“Great location and price for Glasgow centre”

Novotel Glasgow Centre
Ranked #44 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
bournemouth
“Great location and price for Glasgow centre”
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We stayed at the Novotel for two nights whilst attending a wedding in glasgow.
We paid with tesco vouchers, so it was completely free, however we chose the novotel as it had the best rates / trip advisor review balance and we didn't have many tesco vouchers to use.
The reviews were all correct - great hotel, great location, great value!
This novotel is easy to find, and also it is right near to the nightlife and shops, whilst being on a quiet street so you escape any noise and hubbub from the city goings-on.
Parking is £5 on exit, which is ideal for a city break you can park your car safely and forget about it for the weekend, or, if staying on a sunday as we were, on-street parking is free - practically unheard of in any city i've visited before!
The staff on reception were so friendly and polite and helpful, in fact all of the staff were, we felt very welcomed there. Monday morning we were late to breakfast but they let us sit and eat as they cleared up, and brought us tea and coffee etc without a grumble.
Rooms were clean and basic - as you'd expect from a novotel or similar chain. Our room had a good (if a little leaky) shower, and a bath - unusual and a nice little extra for a hotel such as this.
The other hotel areas were great - a nice bar and restaurant area, sport on TV, an XBox set up for the kids.
Overall i'd highly recommend it for a great value base in glasgow!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fionapage
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this review, 26 October 2010
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Glasgow Centre and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
scotland
Reviewed 11 October 2010

booked a non smoking room,when we entered the room it stank of stale cigarette smoke.To be fair when i spoke to reception they offered to change rooms if possible.I said it would be ok for one night.
We later found an ashtray and an empty pack of Marlboro cigarettes in the wardrobe.
I have stayed in this hotel a few times now but this has tarnished the hotel and i may now have to look at some other stay.
Our clothes hade to be dry cleaned after this stay,it was a mistake on my part not to have insisted on another room

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this review, 12 October 2010
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel Glasgow. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. I do hope you will consider returning to the hotel at some point in the future. If you are returning to Glasgow please contact me on jacqui.mcmillan@accor.com and we will ensure you are upgraded to one of our executive rooms. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan – General Manager
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2010

My husband and myself were at this hotel with friends, we took them there as an anniversary treat and i must say that we not disappointed. The hotel is very close to town centre, the staff were very nice especially at breakfast, the staff member who was on duty on the Sunday morning was really really nice i would like if the hotel could pass this on to him. (The date is 3rd of October) we will certianly be staying here agian when we next come to Glasgow.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2010

My first impression of any hotel is the staff who greet me on the reception desk. We were checked in by a girl who was the typical "book read" receptionist who couldn't even raise a smile. Don't get me wrong, she wasn't rude, just not the kind of person I would have on the shop front as it were!

The room was clean and tidy with a good TV and tea making facilties. We didn't have many tea bags so I asked reception for more as there were four of us. It took an hour but a pleasant gentleman came to our room with a more than ample supply.
The hotel is only 10 minutes walk from the city centre which was ideal. We left our car in the underground car park, lucky to get a space as it's tiny. It costs £5.00 to leave by a token by the way. We enjoyed our brief stay in Glasgow, checked out and didn't even get a "thank you", "have a nice day" or anything from the two girls on reception.

Forgot to say that we got a good deal through an internet site for the room (no breakfast). I was pleased with what I payed but when I saw the tariff at reception, i thought OMG, the hotels not worth that!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this review, 1 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel Glasgow Centre. We have noted your comments about the issues with the reception staff which we are addressing. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan, General Manager
Bangor, N Ireland
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I stayed here with colleagues to attend a function at the nearby Hilton Hotel, which was fully booked. We did not have dinner here but if the lunch and breakfast we had are anything to go by then I don't think we would have any worries on that score. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the rooms were comfortable and clean. The hotel is in an ideal location for exploring the city centre, unfortunately we weren't staying long enough to make the most of it. The only problem we ran into was that there were a couple of conferences taking place in the hotel when we arrived and were therefore unable to get the two hire cars into the hotel car park because it was full. The staff were able to direct us to a nearby multi-storey car park and the receptionist will swipe your ticket reducing the cost of your parking to half price. I didn't mind this as, on this occasion, it was a hire car, but if travelling with my own car I would have had more peace of mind knowing that it was safely down below in the hotel's own car park. I enjoyed the short stay and would certainly use this hotel again if visiting Glasgow

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
UK
Reviewed 12 September 2010

I am normally a big fan of Novotel because their rooms are normally quiet. The double glazing here is not quite good enough to keep out the traffic noise. Also, as there is no air conditioning, the room becomes too hot with the window closed. I would recommend City Inn as an alternative in Glasgow. It is further out, so less convenient for sight seeing. However, their rooms have air conditioning and free wifi.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this review, 16 September 2010
I am sorry on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel Glasgow. Thank you for your comments, we can assure you the matter is being looked in to and will
be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan - General Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Great hotel, fantastic staff. The shower was amazing and the bathroom very up to date. Plenty of space for my partner and i.

Was unusual having the toilet separate but nothing major.

Breakfast in bed was amazing and cheap only £3 extra.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple