“excellent food and even better real ales!”
Review of Cafe Source

Cafe Source
Ranked #162 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cafe Source is located beneath the magnificently restored 18th Century St. Andrew’s Church in the Merchant City, Cafe Source offers a relaxed and informal dining experience for those wanting to sample some gutsy “real” Scottish fare. Traditional favourites such as Haggis, Stovies and the ever popular Cullen Skink figure on the menu, however you will also find a wide range of contemporary dishes. Pre-Theatre and Dinner Menus are also available offering excellent value for money. Specials change on a daily basis and with an extensive choice of Malt Whisky, fine wines, Scottish beers and lagers you will surely find Café Source a truly relaxing place to enjoy a taste of Scotland. 10 Mins from Central Station. 2 Mins from Glasgow Cross/Glasgow Green.
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“excellent food and even better real ales!”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Really enjoyed my meal at Cafe Source, washed down with some excellent real ale. The bonus was that it was followed by a gig upstairs at St Andrew's In the Square.

• Visited October 2011

Bellshill
“Good filling food”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Another excelent visit to Cafe Source. Had the Pre-Theatre menu 3 course for £15. The standard of produce is excellent in this restaurant. The staff are very attentive and they don't charge for water on the table. I would recomed the creme brulee it was excellent.

Glasgow, UK
“Favourite restaurant experience in Glasgow? YES!”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

As a family, we have been visiting Cafe Source (and St Andrews in the Square) for a few years, and it's high time I did a review for this absolute gem of a place.

The service has ALWAYS been friendly, courteous, and attentive but never over-bearing. This was the case the very first time we visited, and I can safely say that the friendliness has never been conditional on being a regular, as you may find in some other places.

The food served up (including the food provided by Cafe Source on the occasion of our wedding last year - WOW - what a wonderful day that was, but another story...) has always been of the utmost quality. Their menu has a wide ranging appeal, and as well as having my favourite dishes, anything that I've tried for the first time has always added a pleasurable facet onto my accumulative experience.

I think that it's safe to say that, whether you're in a group or going for a special meal as a couple, you will have discovered a new special place with Cafe Source.

• Visited August 2011
Loch Lomond
“High standards being maintained”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I gave this restaurant a good review last year and having visited it again last night I am happy to confirm that the standards have been maintained. On this occasions my wife and I booked the dinner offer through 5pm. The menu is varied and there should be something for everyone there. I started with the Cullen Skink again and it was lovely. My wife had the smoked salmon and she loved it.

She then had the braised ox cheeks dish, which was again very enjoyable. I had the excellent hake wrapped in bacon followed by the cheese board (too much!). My wife had the creme brulee, which gain was very nice.

This deal was £22.50 each with a bottle of house wine to share and great value for money at that price. Once again the service was friendly and attentive without being overdone. Highly recommended.

Forres, Moray, Scotland
“Lovely meal out”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Visited here for the first time on Sat 7 July having booked a table for 7.30pm. There was 5 in our party and we were shown to a booth which gave the meal some intimacy. Our waitress quickly produced menus, informing us of that night's specials,and took our drinks order.The waitress was very pleasant, nothing was too much trouble. The food was well cooked, delicious and nicely presented. A lovely evening and would not hesitate to recommend.