we arrived at this hotel prior to a flight. On getting to the room we discovered that there was no heating. On phoning the desk we were informed that they knew of this and it was a multi room fault and supplied us with a small fan heater. The question is why did they not tell us of this and offer us another room. When we asked the desk to book the shuttle to the airport we were informed that the shuttle did not run the next day and we should take a taxi. We did take a taxi there and back at a cost as the hotel is 4 miles from the airport. The hotel advertised a shuttle on there website but seem to use this to suit itself and not the guest. The next time we book a airport hotel we'll book one that does a proper shuttle service. And not one that suits its self. This is the first time we've had this problem with any of our many hotel stays. Needless to say we wont stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Hotel is in a very prominent location: just 2 miles from Paisley Gilmour Street train station, 500 yards from Braehead shopping centre, 8 minutes drive from Glasgow Airport and just 1 minutes drive off M8 motorway junction 25A.(Postcode G51 4FB) which provides the perfect base for exploring one of Europe's most exciting cities and its beautiful surrounds. This purpose built modern fully air-conditioned hotel has 103 en-suite bedrooms, unlimited high-speed wi fi at £3 for 24 hours, FREE parking for all guest, 24 hr reception/access and has all the facilities you would expect from a large and successful modern hotel chain. This is our latest 4th generation Campanile Hotel with a contemporary decor at very competitive rates. All our bedrooms are en-suite with power shower, flat screen televisions, hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities. Why not book a table in our modern 60 seated fully licensed restaurant which provides a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy a variety of French, Scottish and continental cuisine, as well as daily chef's specials. The hotel also offers 4 conference rooms that can hold up to 100 people. All rooms have air conditioning and natural day light and will be set up to meet your desires. Our helpful, friendly team are always on hand to ensure your stay is relaxing and home from home experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Campanile Glasgow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Hotel Glasgow
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Scotland