“airport stay”

Ranked #58 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow
“airport stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

we arrived at this hotel prior to a flight. On getting to the room we discovered that there was no heating. On phoning the desk we were informed that they knew of this and it was a multi room fault and supplied us with a small fan heater. The question is why did they not tell us of this and offer us another room. When we asked the desk to book the shuttle to the airport we were informed that the shuttle did not run the next day and we should take a taxi. We did take a taxi there and back at a cost as the hotel is 4 miles from the airport. The hotel advertised a shuttle on there website but seem to use this to suit itself and not the guest. The next time we book a airport hotel we'll book one that does a proper shuttle service. And not one that suits its self. This is the first time we've had this problem with any of our many hotel stays. Needless to say we wont stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Dear Jim,

I'm rather disappointed to read that you were unable to fully enjoy your stay at the hotel due to our limited service shuttle.

We do advertise this online, however state that it is subject to availability. The reason for this is that we do not charge for this or like other hotels hire an external company to run this at a cost to the guest. It therefore depends on the availability of a staff member on duty to drive the bus. We do however offer a Park, Stay and Fly rate where we guarantee this service as part of the package.

Even with the shuttle aside however and being a couple of miles out from the airport, we've found from guest feedback that with offering free parking whilst staying, free Wi-Fi and good rates, we often work out far cheaper than the airport hotels, even when our guests need to use a taxi.

Notwithstanding the above, I have acknowledged some similar comments in the recent past and am therefore looking at ways to increase the availability of the shuttle service. If this proves impossible, we will no longer make the shuttle service known to guests booking online. This way we can prevent guests feeling let down by their expectation of a full service shuttle service.

I would of course be very glad to discuss further with you, and perhaps invite you back to the hotel at a discounted rate, so I have left my details if you wish to contact me.

manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com
Direct dial: 0141 886 8081

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights to whilst attending a family function in Glasgow, the room was spacious and well equipped. The bed was excellent and it all felt as if it had been recently been refurbished. The bathroom only had a shower but it was very powerful and easy to use. the staff were always friendly and attentive and couldn't have been more helpful. It cost us about £10 to get a taxi into the city centre from the hotel which was definately better value that staying in town and having to worry about parking.

Room Tip: we had a 3rd floor room which was excellent
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andy448
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Hello Andy,

Great hearing that you enjoyed your few nights with us whilst at a family gathering.

The hotel's never had a refurbishment, however being only 5 and a half years old, we like to keep it looking new so that our guests can enjoy being here.

The majority of our rooms do have only large showers with seats, however we do have some rooms with baths, so please feel free to let us know next time if you have a preference.

Hopefully we'll be welcoming you back again soon?

Mayfield, Dalkeith
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for buisness trip, perfect location for this but not to close to airport. Staff friendly and food lovely but on arrival my room wasnt made up so got another one with so heating so had a portable noisey heater which couldnt be left on over night! The food made up for these small things

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Jambo-TL
Hello Jambo,

Thank you for taking time to write feedback for your business stop with us. I'm very glad to read you had an overall good stay with us.

We have had a lot of issues with one of our air conditioning systems in the recent couple of months, which our maintenance contractor is working hard on repairing. Unfortunately, our parts are coming from overseas and taking some time, which has caused the system to fail on a couple of occasions now. We are very aware of the inconvenience this causes our guests and so are working closely with our contractor to have this resolved as soon as possible.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon, and Jambo, please do contact me direct when returning so that I might arrange something for you as a goodwill gesture giving the issues with your last rooms air conditioning.

Lincolnshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

Friendly, welcoming reception staff who even greated our dog with a pat. We were given a family room on the ground floor. The room was large and clean. The beds were comfortable and the sheets clean, the only downside was only one pillow per person. The bathroom was clean and the large shower powerful.
We could not leave the dog to go to the restaurant so we ordered dinner which was put on trays and covered with foil. We then collected from the restaurant.
I agree with previous comments, £5 for the dog to stay is brilliant much better than £20 that Travelodge charges.
Thanks Camponile for accomodating us and our dog. We will use you again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tomsgranny
Hello Tomsgranny,

Your comments on your stay with us as very much appreciated and I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stop with us. We do love to welcome families with children or pets (or both) to the hotel.

We have always provided the same amount of pillows in all of our bedrooms, however we have received a number of comments like yours in recent months. We therefore now have a stock of extra pillows which can be given on request and are looking to increasing our overall stock by the end of the year to afford all of our rooms with extra pillows. Your comments on this are very much appreciated and indeed noted.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon, and please do feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any help with your booking.

Stornoway, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

Booked the Campanile Glasgow Airport for 2 nights, 21 and 22 March 2013. Booking was made easy. No problems.
At the hotel reception, staff pleasant and helpful. Prices are well within reason especially only £5 per night for my dog. (Unlike Travelodge who charge £20 per stay!! and a 1 night stay for a dog can be more expensive than the room!)
The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Bar and restaurant were fine. This place is well worth a stay. I will be staying here again when I next travel south.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Hello Sikorskys,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback for your stay with us at Campanile Glasgow Airport.

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were even able to bring your dog with you. As you will have seen, we're a very family & pet friendly hotel, so it's always a pleasure to have animals with us.

I do hope to see you back at the hotel again soon, and if I can be of any future help, please do feel free to contact me.

UK - Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

At the cost of £29 a night, plus breakfast, I thought that it would not be the best of hotels.... how wrong was I!!

Cannot believe somebody wrote that the staff were rude... most friendliest people I've met.

The room that I had, on the 3rd floor, was massive.... very very clean, high standard.
When I woke up in the morning and looked outside I realised that I was right next to the motorway yet I couldn't hear any traffic.

I'll definately be staying here again when I next visit Glasgow.

Well done people but next time, can you supply some sunshine :)

Room Tip: I would think that all the rooms are the same so, dont worry, just book it.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Geo1964
Hello Geo,

Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

As a premium budget hotel, we aim to deliver excellent value for money and a friendly service, so we appear to have hit the target for you.

Please feel free to let me know when your next staying with us and I'll speak to my contact at the met office for you!

Thurso, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night when attending a concert at the SECC. Very easy to get to by car and easy to get to the SECC. Hotel is a bit out on a limb by its self, but there is what looks like a new pub being built next to it. Not too far away from the Braehead centre.
Room was very good, bed comfy and great bathroom with a large shower. A bigger tv would have better. Didn't use the restaurant but had the continental breakfast, choice was ok but would have liked a choice of yogurts. Quite busy at breakfast time and glasses and plates weren't readily replaced, had to ask for them.

• Stayed March 2013
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Hello Morvenscaraben,

Many thanks for taking the time to write feedback after staying with us at Campanile. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Coincidentally, just a few hours before reading your review, I purchased some new TV's for the hotel. These are LCD 24" which are HD ready and have a built in DVD player. We will be trialling these in some of our bedrooms and over the course of 2013 replacing all our televisions as we have had considerable feedback such as yours and wish to improve our in-room viewing offering.

I also take on board your comments regarding breakfast so that we can take measures to ensure our offering is always fully stocked even with the busy breakfast services we experience at the hotel.

I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon on your next trip to Glasgow.

Thom Murphy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Anderston
Campanile Glasgow
Campanile Glasgow
#62 of 96 in Glasgow
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,063 reviews
Kings Park Hotel
#82 of 96 in Glasgow

Been to Campanile Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!