“OK, but not worth the price paid!”

Campanile Glasgow Airport
Ranked #59 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We spent 4 nights in this hotel and I must say, the only positive thing about this hotel is the fact they offer free parking and free wifi.
First of all, we ordered a double room, but instead had two single beds pushed together. Although, the room itself was fairly big. The hotel is not sound proof at all. We could hear every move the other rooms made around us, and their televisions!! We also had a bedroom facing the football pitch and could hear them playing football the whole of Saturday morning!
The key card for our room stopped working everyday - very annoying!
But the best part was at 4 o'clock in the morning between Saturday and Sunday we were awoken by the fire alarm going off (twice). I called to reception to ask if everything was OK - and was met with a #giggle - "sorry to wake you, I burnt something in the kitchen"... (No problem, I'll just spend the next few hours trying to get back to sleep).
We have stayed in quite a few hotels around Glasgow airport - this one, in fact, is not near the airport. I would recommend (for the same price) Ramada at Glasgow airport and/or Travel Lodge. They are much better value for money - and 5 minutes walk from the airport itself. They only thing is - these hotels do charge £4 per night for the car park.

2  Thank Laura G
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your valuable feedback following your stay with us.

From time to time, every team can slip up and as a result customer service falls below par. It is important for us that if this happens, we gain feedback and are able to address this.

Firstly, my sincere apologies regarding you bedroom allocation and key difficulties. These were failings from our reception team which I am addressing with the help of my Front Office Manager. I should also wish to extend my apologies regarding the fire alarm on the Saturday evening. Please allow me to assure you that the '#giggle' you experienced when calling reception was very much a nervous one as our night auditor was extremely embarrassed at setting of the alarm whilst preparing the breakfast pastries. We have looked at why this happened and have refreshed training to ensure this does not re-occur.

Whilst I appreciate that this platform allows me to address concerns and rectify them for future guests, I am very much aware that you were unable to fully enjoy your stay with us. Therefore I would be delighted if you could contact me directly at the hotel as I would like to offer to have you back in the hotel as my personal guests, staying with bed and breakfast taken care of, so that you might be able to experience the hotel for what it truly is: a good value, clean, friendly and relaxing place to stay. I have left my details below should you wish to take me up on this offer, and I sincerely hope that you do.

There are newer reviews for Campanile Glasgow Airport

Reviewed 10 May 2013

After spending 4 nights in self catering this was a step up and just around the same price. The staff are friendly and helpful and although my room was not ready happily stored my luggage. The food is probably the poorest point of the hotel i.e. no steak one day and on the same evening a typing error made the specials menu wrong, however what I have eaten has been well prepared, service a little on the slow side. Bed is large and comfortable,and large shower cubicle. No view, but that is not why I booked, buses to town are frequent and reasonably cheap. A shoppers paradise with a mall just 500m away. My negative comments (other than food) are so minor they are not worth typing.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Dear Lily,

Thank you for taking time to leave feed back following your stay with us. I'm very glad to hear that we offered you a step up and good value!! And as always I'm glad the team were friendly and made you feel welcome.

I do very much take your comments on board regarding the food offering as you are not the first to make this kind of comment in recent recent weeks. In order for us to improve certain areas of the hotel we rely very much on the constructive feedback of our guests and therefore I thank you very much for this. To this end I am working closely with our head chef and restaurant manager at the moment on an action plan which should see the dining experience become far more seamless and enjoyable.

Perhaps when you're next 'stuck in Glasgow' you would allow me to invite you back for dinner to give it a try? As always I leave my contact details at the bottom should you wish to take me up on this.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

First, I should mention that the hotel is not at Glasgow Airport, but situated in the Braehead Shopping complex, near the M8 motorway.

The building is new and comfortable but service is extremely slow in the restaurant. This is possibly due to being understaffed. When we first entered, we were kept waiting for some time before being approached and directed to a table, even though there were staff about. However, after that, the staff were very politel. The food was excellent but it just took too long to arrive. So much so, we even forfeited our desert.

1  Thank KieranG
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Hello Kieran,

Thank you kindly for your review of the hotel.

Although the hotel does have 'Glasgow Airport' in the name (as we are within a certain radius for the airport) we try to ensure all listings for the hotel are clear that we are beside Braehead just off the M8.

I'm a little disappointed that you experienced a slow service during your visit to the restaurant. This is unusual, however like any restaurant it can experience busy periods or perhaps be under-staffed for various reasons. Without knowing the specific nights however, I can only surmise this. It is taken on board and is something I've now discussed with our restaurant manager at our weekly hotel meeting so that we may address this.

I am indeed glad that the team provided their usual good service, and perhaps this is enough to encourage you to return some time? Then we can have the opportunity to provide an even better delivery for you.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The first challenge is finding the hotel - this is not easy but if you follow directions for the IKEA store, that will take you there. Plenty of parking and check in was extremely friendly and efficient. The ground floor room was huge and had everything you expect from a budget hotel and more - although the pillows were horribly soft and thin. The usual inability of hotels to match the number of milk cartons with the tea and coffee supplied was met with a friendly offer of a small jug of fresh milk. Also worth comment is the fact that there are plenty of plug sockets to charge the usual travelling electronics. What sets this above the usual budget hotels is the bar/restaurant in the hotel rather than in an adjoining pub (incidentally there is a soulless looking pub across the car park but I didn't look in there). The service was friendly and while the food isn't outstanding (the breakfast was somewhat uninspired but functional as indeed was the evening meal) it is OK value and filled a hole. You won't be checking in to this hotel for the views - unless you are partial to views of an astroturf football pitch. The room was quiet and comfortable. Check out was met with an offer of a taxi if needed - which it wasn't. I gather it offers a minibus to the airport service but I was not using air transport. Nice, clean, comfortable and friendly at a very competitive price. Yes, the in room information was a bit tatty but at this price, who is complaining? Not me. Would happily use this chain again - not least due to the friendliness of the staff which makes such a difference.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Hello Robin,

Many thanks indeed for the kind review following your stay with us. I'm delighted you enjoyed the overall service at the hotel.

I have made a couple of important notes from your feedback. Firstly, I have had other comments regarding the pillows and am currently looking to increase our bedroom's pillow stock to help with this matter. I also take on board your comments regarding the number of milk pots in the room. It's strangely not something I've had comments on before, but very easy to rectify so that I never do. I'm also glad to say that we have been able to work on the breakfast buffet selection to increase it from this week, so hopefully it's now a little more 'inspired'.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon Robin, and should you need any help with your reservation, feel free to contact us direct on 0141 886 1347 or glasgowairport@campanile.com where I or one of the team will be happy make a booking for you.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

1) Booking: don't attempt to book by phone. It's answered in French, and although the person I spoke to spoke some English, she wasn't able to take down my email address and communicating with her was very difficult in general.
2) I had the misfortune to arrive on the same day as a huge coach-load of (I think) football supporters, who have basically taken over the hotel. It's 1am, my room is right next to the stairs, and it's bedlam. I don't see myself getting much sleep tonight.

Conclusion: might be OK if it were possible to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear GC,

Firstly, allow me to extend my sincerest apologies that you were unable to enjoy a good night's sleep. This was obviously a one-off situation where we had several junior football teams staying with us, who were allowed a little more freedom around the hotel than perhaps advisable. My team did of course have several conversations with the parents staying with them to try and curtail the errant behaviour.

You also seem to have had some problems booking the hotel as you've gone through a centralised number to our French reservations. We are of course a French hotel chain, however we do take our bookings direct at the hotel over the phone.

Overall, it's very regrettable that you did not have a good experience with us and this is something I would like to be able to rectify. Perhaps you would be willing to contact me direct and let me know if you are in the area again? I would very much like to invite you back at a discounted rate so that you may be able to fully enjoy the hotel as so many others do. I have left my details below should you wish to take me up on this.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

We paid just over £31 for the room, which was much bigger than many rooms in similarly priced hotels. The room and bathroom were both very clean (the shower cubicle was pretty big too, with a built-in seat for anyone who is less than steady on their feet). The room was a little cold when we arrived but the heating kicked in as soon as we adjusted the thermostat and it was toasty warm within a few minutes. We had room 6 on the ground floor, just round the corner from the restaurant, and I was a little worried about it being noisy. However, the sound insulation is great so as soon as we shut the door we couldn't hear a thing.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The only downside is the location. If we were going to an event at Braehead Arena we'd certainly book a room here again, or if we needed to find a Glasgow hotel where dogs were allowed.

Hello Grey Luvver,

Many thanks for leaving your feedback following your stay with us. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and the team were able to provide a warm and friendly service for you.

We are of course a little out the way of the main city centre but very handy if your driving as we're right off the M8 motorway. So I hope you'll consider using us when you're next in Glasgow, especially with your pet.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I had booked online for a Double
Room for last night Wenesday 10th April and we arrived at about 8pm. We had a
bit of a wait and a boy came and served us. He couldn't find our details and
asked when we had booked. When I said it was 'today' he said that we would
have to fill out a form. He said his fax had not been working all day. He
then said he had only twin rooms left. I said that I had booked a double
online. He then said 'As I said my fax machine has been down all day and as
you as you can see were busy'. My wife said 'you haven't even apologised'. He
answered 'I've nothing to apologise for'
He then said 'do you expect somebody to be employed to manage the web every
hour?' I said 'yes' and by this time I was extremely angry and relayed this
to one of your staff – a blonde girl who was in the Office off reception.
We were both shocked by his bad attitude, discourteous behaviour and lack of
understanding and as he is supposed to be representing Campanile I would
not recommend or think of ever entering their premises again
Shocking!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Calso,

I wish to thank you for taking time to leave feedback for the hotel, however I feel it important to clarify the full story for those who read this platform.

Unfortunately, you did not have a booking at Campanile Glasgow Airport. My reception team attempted to get you a room whilst they investigated further, however at the time the only rooms available were twin rooms. I do accept that in your mind as the customer, you had booked a double bedroom with us and expected such, however I do find the way that my reception team were treated to be unacceptable as I have a duty to care for the welfare of guests and staff alike. My team do have the right to work in a save environment without being subject to any form of threatening behaviour.

Any guest at all who has an issue with the service they are being provided is invited to raise these concerns with myself or Campanile Guest Relations, however this does not include a guest walking behind reception to physically bang an office door looking for an alternative manager. This I feel puts staff members in jeopardy.

I would also like to note that I have tried emailing you directly with the email address you provided to Campanile Guest Relations to clarify with you that you had no booking with us, however perhaps my email has got lost in your junk mail?

Should you wish to discuss this further, I have left my email address at the bottom.

manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Anderston
Campanile Glasgow
Campanile Glasgow
#61 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to Campanile Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!