We spent 4 nights in this hotel and I must say, the only positive thing about this hotel is the fact they offer free parking and free wifi.
First of all, we ordered a double room, but instead had two single beds pushed together. Although, the room itself was fairly big. The hotel is not sound proof at all. We could hear every move the other rooms made around us, and their televisions!! We also had a bedroom facing the football pitch and could hear them playing football the whole of Saturday morning!
The key card for our room stopped working everyday - very annoying!
But the best part was at 4 o'clock in the morning between Saturday and Sunday we were awoken by the fire alarm going off (twice). I called to reception to ask if everything was OK - and was met with a #giggle - "sorry to wake you, I burnt something in the kitchen"... (No problem, I'll just spend the next few hours trying to get back to sleep).
We have stayed in quite a few hotels around Glasgow airport - this one, in fact, is not near the airport. I would recommend (for the same price) Ramada at Glasgow airport and/or Travel Lodge. They are much better value for money - and 5 minutes walk from the airport itself. They only thing is - these hotels do charge £4 per night for the car park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Hotel is in a very prominent location: just 2 miles from Paisley Gilmour Street train station, 500 yards from Braehead shopping centre, 8 minutes drive from Glasgow Airport and just 1 minutes drive off M8 motorway junction 25A.(Postcode G51 4FB) which provides the perfect base for exploring one of Europe's most exciting cities and its beautiful surrounds. This purpose built modern fully air-conditioned hotel has 103 en-suite bedrooms, unlimited high-speed wi fi at £3 for 24 hours, FREE parking for all guest, 24 hr reception/access and has all the facilities you would expect from a large and successful modern hotel chain. This is our latest 4th generation Campanile Hotel with a contemporary decor at very competitive rates. All our bedrooms are en-suite with power shower, flat screen televisions, hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities. Why not book a table in our modern 60 seated fully licensed restaurant which provides a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy a variety of French, Scottish and continental cuisine, as well as daily chef's specials. The hotel also offers 4 conference rooms that can hold up to 100 people. All rooms have air conditioning and natural day light and will be set up to meet your desires. Our helpful, friendly team are always on hand to ensure your stay is relaxing and home from home experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Campanile Glasgow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Hotel Glasgow
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Scotland