“Oh if all Campaniles were like this!”

Campanile Glasgow Airport
Ranked #62 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The hotel was booked as somewhere to lay our heads and to be honest I would be hard pressed to think of anywhere nicer! The hotel is new and the rooms for what is a budget range are spacious and well equipped!

Food was excellent and would cause us to come back even if not staying at the hotel... quality was on a par with renowned restaurants in Glasgow BUT the price was not... mains for well under a tenner... I'll have more please!

I would just say one thing... the name INFERS that the hotel is by/at the airport BUT you are in reality some distance (4.5 miles) away!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulnpaula
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Hello Paul and Paula,

I'm thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the chance to dine with us enjoying this also. Your comments are most kind and I'm glad we were able to look after you.

We are of course ten minutes from the airport despite the name, however this tends to work in many guests favour as they can enjoy the delights of Braehead Shopping centre and retail park while they're with us. I hope you got the chance to see this.

Should you be coming back to Glasgow for any reason, please do fell free to contact me direct as I would be delighted to take care of your booking personally.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Clean large rooms. Fast Free Wifi. Good Service. Because I use public transport it was a bit difficult to get around using First bus. Use Megabus instead if staying here. Sainsbury is 5 min walk, very close. Overall Very Good. Recommended

1  Thank Zaheerskh
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Hello Zaheerskh,

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel! I do hope this means you'll be stopping with us again when you're back in Glasgow.

The megabus tip is a very good shout, and we also recommend to our guests the McGill's service numbers 23 and 26 which leave from Braehead and opposite IKEA beside the hotel for getting into town.

If you need accommodation again with us, do feel free to contact me or my team direct so that we can offer you the best available rate.

0141 886 1347

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Clean large rooms. Great food. Very slow service waiting for food. 50 mins for a starter on more than one occasion staff forgot to order our drinks we had to ask for them. Staff even forgot to order our breakfast one morning and our dinner one evening. Staff were aplologetic and very nice but very young. We hears reception staff shouting at guests. We returned back to the hotel after a long day training went upto third floor where our 4 rooms were and none of our cards worked so had a journey back to reception where we were met my a rude receptionist with a terrible attitude. Such a Shame about the service at this hotel as its a great location spacious clean rooms!

• Stayed: May 2013

Hello MrsR,

It seems you've had a very marred experience of the hotel and this is something I would really like to hear about from you in more detail. Perhaps you would be willing to contact me to discuss further?

DD: 0141 886 8081

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Nicely firnished clean modern room, free wifi worked well. Didn't try the meals. Handy location for driving being near the M8 West of the city. Sainsburys and Braehead shopping centre nearby. Good "flash" prices when booked ahead. It'll be our first choice next visit to Glasgow. Receptionist very efficiently sorted a minor problem.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GingerSquirrel

Hello GingerSquirrel,

Many thanks for your kind review of your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the minor issue you had was swiftly resolved by the front of house team.

As a premium budget hotel, we do aim to ensure a quality product at great value, so I've enjoyed reading your review which seems to say we've delivered this for you.

Hopefully the team and I will be able to welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I booked for for my honeymoon and before I arrived I called hotel to let them know it was a special occasion. I wanted to check a few things also one which was parking as it said there was free parking and complementary bus that took you to airport which was available on request. The girl I think her name was Louise was rude saying we could not park while we were away on holiday and the bus would not be available to us either.
I was annoyed and asked to speak to manager. He called me back and again was very rude. What kind of a hotel is it when you are going on honeymoon go to check a few details and they start shouting saying that they do not provide these services even through the third party company I booked through states this and it also has this on their own website.
I told the manager his attitude was unacceptable and I wanted to cancel. He told me to contact the third party who also contacted hotel and said they were also spoken to very rudely and were happy to cancel they apologised very much for the way I was treated.
Never ever stay here!
We ended up booking in at the holiday inn which worked out £42 for 1 weeks stay including parking and breakfast booked through superbreak. It was fantastic and we emailed hotel and they upgraded our room as we were on honeymoon and gave us a bottle of wine. The hotel is a skip and jump from airport and we worried about noise but didnt hear anything it was great. Book this hotel not Campanile as they seriously need to learn customer service and manners!!

1  Thank FifeLass1

Dear Linsey,

Thank you for your comments and for giving me the opportunity to respond to you so that all who read and use this valued platform are given a balanced story of your experience with Campanile Glasgow Airport.

Firstly, I wish to recognise that you were informed prior to making your booking that we could not guarantee the services you asked for before flying out of Glasgow Airport on your Honeymoon/Wedding Anniversary. This was confirmed to you by both email addressed you used to contact the hotel and you did indeed respond that you wanted to find out if you could get these service prior to booking. This was also confirmed to you by the three members of staff you spoke to over the 3 week period you communicated with the hotel before I spoke with you.

As a hotel, we do offer free parking to our guests. This extends to guests whilst they are staying at the hotel and I'm afraid I disagree with your feeling that guests should be allowed to leave their car as long as they like, else spaces may be taken up for guests who are staying at the hotel.

As a hotelier, I greatly value Tripadvisor and the opportunity to communicate with patrons after their experience of the hotel. however I an unwilling to offer any services which I (and my team) have confirmed are unavailable simply because any guest informs me they will leave negative tripadvisor comments if I do not.

I am glad that you enjoyed your 'celebration' at another excellent hotel in the area and I'm sure you would have enjoyed staying at Campanile Glasgow Airport if you had done. As I assume you will not be booking the hotel again, i wish you all the best in the future and thank you once again for the opportunity to correspond.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Comfortable and affordable! With free parking and wifi. The rooms are of a decent size and the furnishings on par with this class of hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. But the location may not suit everyone. It is in a newer industrial park/shopping center with IKEA as its main anchor. So it is not real close to the airport (about 4 miles) nor to downtown. The free shuttle to the airport is more like an ad hoc ride service to be given by whoever is available on the hotel staff. For food, fortunately, you have options besides the hotel. There is a chain restaurant basically across the street. If you fancy Swedish meatballs et al, there is of course IKEA if you don't mind a longish walk.
We were there on a Bank Holiday and the elevator went out of service in the afternoon. We were surprised that it was not fixed by the next morning. The Hotel Management ought to consider upgrading its elevator service contract.
Overall if you have a car, this is a good option to consider.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Hello FSYMP,

Many thanks for your comments regarding your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read that we provided you a comfortable and affordable hotel to stop in, which is exactly what we set out to do.

With regards to the elevator malfunction, I do recall exactly when you stayed. We were able to get an engineer out the next morning just after 9, however I recognise that for many this is too late. As a result of this, and a number of other breakdowns already experienced this year, I have had another Company come to look at the elevator and am now considering options for this as I totally agree with your comments.

Perhaps we'll have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are this side of the big pond. Until then, thank you again for your kind review.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Booked this place after looking into the tripadvisor reviews of almost all the affordable places to stay in Glasgow, and i am certainly happy that i booked this place. I would like to personally thank Thom Murphy and his fantastic team, Kelly, Tina, Owen, Odin and all the rest who made us feel at home. Also, a big thanx to Agi, the housekeeping staff. All the staff displayed a very high sense of professionalism, efficiency, courtiesness, and were extremely helpful. This particular establishment outdoes themselves, and strive to maintain a high standard well beyond budget category.

Stayed here for a while to attend an examination in Glasgow city. I can't find stronger superlatives to describe this place. Took the last flight out of London and checked in late, almost midnight. But, kelly, who checked us in was aware of our arrival and even helped ordered fish n chips take away for us. We were very impressed and it was a pleasant start for us here. Front desk staff exceptional, rooms spacious, cozy and nice. Bathroom good. Best part; free wifi! Which was quite fast, and which I had depended on most of the time for my revision and to manage my bookings and journey. Restaurant food quite nice. The fish n chips n apple pie with cider is worth trying. Can order delivery services from online restaurants as well.

It is near the airport but be sure to mention Campanile hotel in braehead to the cab driver, not campanile glasgow Airport hotel, for some reason the cabbies identify the hotel easier just by mentiong braehead. Walking distance to dobbies, braehead shopping centre, sainsbury's , McDonald's and slightly further to excape centre. A new pub ( steam wheeler ) due to open soon just right opposite the hotel. No worries of having to drink n drive or catch a cab I guess. McGill bus no 23 and 26 takes u straight into town ( thanx Thom ), about 15 mins bus ride. If u r new here take McGill as you can talk to the driver, in other buses, the driver is shielded.

I could go on and on, but overall very happy to have stayed here. No regrets. Will certainly highly recommend this place. Already have recommended to some friends. Will certainly stay here again on my next visit, which will be on holiday. Once again, a huge a thanx Thom! I've gained a new friend.

Room Tip: Book early and if possible ask for top floor, wooden floor may be a bit noisy.