“Stayed one night!.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Stayed one night!.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Checked in, which was fine then when we went to the room we had 3 single beds instead of a double & a single, so went back down to front desk, the member of staff couldn't remember were the family room was so gave us another room & there was a problem with that room had to go back to front desk who gave us another room back upstairs!. As we know Glasgow does not get very warm but on our stay it was hot outside & in the room & the air condition does not work mentioned to staff who said they would find us a fan but of course they had none!. Got no sleep as it was so hot & stuffy we had to leave window open which meant we had the noise of the M8 motorway!!!...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Hello Diane,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.

Your rating is very generous considering we have not fulfilled our usual service standard and provided you a good night's sleep. Unfortunately, we had an issue with our air conditioning system during your stay. We have had several issues with the system this year, and work closely with our contractor to have any problems dealt with as soon as possible. In fact we are looking at possibly taking out the whole system and replacing it to prevent further issues. This still leaves you and your travelling companions with a negative reflection of the hotel as you couldn't enjoy a good sleep, so I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me direct on the details below so that I may have the chance to discuss your experience further and perhaps work out a way to restore your faith in Campanile Glasgow Airport.

0141 886 1347

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed here for two nights on the 1st June 2013, we came up to Glasgow for an event in the Braehead Arena and this hotel is located perfectly for this, 10 minutes walk.

We knew the location and the facilities of the hotel before booking and knew it'd be fine for somewhere to stay, but it turned out to be a really lovely hotel. One of the nicest rooms we've ever had, clean, tidy, spacious, the showers are excellent, big enough for two!

For £40 for B&B for two people it's a bargain price, but you get a great nights sleep, lovely breakfast and excellent service from all the staff who will help you as much as they can! Will be staying again next year for Coloursfest!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are great, not loud, no problem sleeping! Showers are massive.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeterStoba
Hello Peter,

Fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! i hope you also enjoyed your event, and didn't feel to tired from it the next morning!

We are fortunate to have generously spacious rooms at the hotel, and what's more, your room on the ground floor is our average room size. If you're returning with us again soon, I would be delighted for you to contact me directly so I can take care of your booking and get you booked into one of the larger rooms. The showers remain the same size (big enough for two!) throughout the hotel.

Thank you once again for the lovely comments and I hope to see you again soon.

Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

The hotel was booked as somewhere to lay our heads and to be honest I would be hard pressed to think of anywhere nicer! The hotel is new and the rooms for what is a budget range are spacious and well equipped!

Food was excellent and would cause us to come back even if not staying at the hotel... quality was on a par with renowned restaurants in Glasgow BUT the price was not... mains for well under a tenner... I'll have more please!

I would just say one thing... the name INFERS that the hotel is by/at the airport BUT you are in reality some distance (4.5 miles) away!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paulnpaula
Hello Paul and Paula,

I'm thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the chance to dine with us enjoying this also. Your comments are most kind and I'm glad we were able to look after you.

We are of course ten minutes from the airport despite the name, however this tends to work in many guests favour as they can enjoy the delights of Braehead Shopping centre and retail park while they're with us. I hope you got the chance to see this.

Should you be coming back to Glasgow for any reason, please do fell free to contact me direct as I would be delighted to take care of your booking personally.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Clean large rooms. Fast Free Wifi. Good Service. Because I use public transport it was a bit difficult to get around using First bus. Use Megabus instead if staying here. Sainsbury is 5 min walk, very close. Overall Very Good. Recommended

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zaheerskh
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Hello Zaheerskh,

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel! I do hope this means you'll be stopping with us again when you're back in Glasgow.

The megabus tip is a very good shout, and we also recommend to our guests the McGill's service numbers 23 and 26 which leave from Braehead and opposite IKEA beside the hotel for getting into town.

If you need accommodation again with us, do feel free to contact me or my team direct so that we can offer you the best available rate.

0141 886 1347
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Clean large rooms. Great food. Very slow service waiting for food. 50 mins for a starter on more than one occasion staff forgot to order our drinks we had to ask for them. Staff even forgot to order our breakfast one morning and our dinner one evening. Staff were aplologetic and very nice but very young. We hears reception staff shouting at guests. We returned back to the hotel after a long day training went upto third floor where our 4 rooms were and none of our cards worked so had a journey back to reception where we were met my a rude receptionist with a terrible attitude. Such a Shame about the service at this hotel as its a great location spacious clean rooms!

• Stayed May 2013
Hello MrsR,

It seems you've had a very marred experience of the hotel and this is something I would really like to hear about from you in more detail. Perhaps you would be willing to contact me to discuss further?

DD: 0141 886 8081
Tyneside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Nicely firnished clean modern room, free wifi worked well. Didn't try the meals. Handy location for driving being near the M8 West of the city. Sainsburys and Braehead shopping centre nearby. Good "flash" prices when booked ahead. It'll be our first choice next visit to Glasgow. Receptionist very efficiently sorted a minor problem.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GingerSquirrel
Hello GingerSquirrel,

Many thanks for your kind review of your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the minor issue you had was swiftly resolved by the front of house team.

As a premium budget hotel, we do aim to ensure a quality product at great value, so I've enjoyed reading your review which seems to say we've delivered this for you.

Hopefully the team and I will be able to welcome you back again very soon!

Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I booked for for my honeymoon and before I arrived I called hotel to let them know it was a special occasion. I wanted to check a few things also one which was parking as it said there was free parking and complementary bus that took you to airport which was available on request. The girl I think her name was Louise was rude saying we could not park while we were away on holiday and the bus would not be available to us either.
I was annoyed and asked to speak to manager. He called me back and again was very rude. What kind of a hotel is it when you are going on honeymoon go to check a few details and they start shouting saying that they do not provide these services even through the third party company I booked through states this and it also has this on their own website.
I told the manager his attitude was unacceptable and I wanted to cancel. He told me to contact the third party who also contacted hotel and said they were also spoken to very rudely and were happy to cancel they apologised very much for the way I was treated.
Never ever stay here!
We ended up booking in at the holiday inn which worked out £42 for 1 weeks stay including parking and breakfast booked through superbreak. It was fantastic and we emailed hotel and they upgraded our room as we were on honeymoon and gave us a bottle of wine. The hotel is a skip and jump from airport and we worried about noise but didnt hear anything it was great. Book this hotel not Campanile as they seriously need to learn customer service and manners!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FifeLass1
Dear Linsey,

Thank you for your comments and for giving me the opportunity to respond to you so that all who read and use this valued platform are given a balanced story of your experience with Campanile Glasgow Airport.

Firstly, I wish to recognise that you were informed prior to making your booking that we could not guarantee the services you asked for before flying out of Glasgow Airport on your Honeymoon/Wedding Anniversary. This was confirmed to you by both email addressed you used to contact the hotel and you did indeed respond that you wanted to find out if you could get these service prior to booking. This was also confirmed to you by the three members of staff you spoke to over the 3 week period you communicated with the hotel before I spoke with you.

As a hotel, we do offer free parking to our guests. This extends to guests whilst they are staying at the hotel and I'm afraid I disagree with your feeling that guests should be allowed to leave their car as long as they like, else spaces may be taken up for guests who are staying at the hotel.

As a hotelier, I greatly value Tripadvisor and the opportunity to communicate with patrons after their experience of the hotel. however I an unwilling to offer any services which I (and my team) have confirmed are unavailable simply because any guest informs me they will leave negative tripadvisor comments if I do not.

I am glad that you enjoyed your 'celebration' at another excellent hotel in the area and I'm sure you would have enjoyed staying at Campanile Glasgow Airport if you had done. As I assume you will not be booking the hotel again, i wish you all the best in the future and thank you once again for the opportunity to correspond.

Thom Murphy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Anderston
Campanile Glasgow
Campanile Glasgow
#61 of 96 in Glasgow
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,036 reviews

Been to Campanile Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!