“Great location”

Ranked #59 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel on fri 1/11/13, arrived at the hotel in the evening. The location of the hotel is very good and right off the motorway (M8), very easy to find.

I stayed overnight with my wife and cousin. The service we received at check-in was very good the young lady at reception was very attentive very good customer service!!, we had a room on the first floor which was easy to find and get to, there was free wi-Fi throughout the hotel which was great. The hotel looked very clean also which is a must for me.

Overall this hotel was great for a one night stay and very close to shopping centres (braehead, ikea etc) and only a 10 min drive to the centre of Glasgow and the airport I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pauls1910
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Hello Paul,

I'm delighted to read your comments following your stay with us and very happy that Lindsay extended her usual warm welcome at check in. i'll certainly pass your comments along to her with my personal added thanks for taking good care of you.

It's great to read that you would return and I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

glasgowairport@campanile.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here overnight on the 28th October. Arrived at 9pm as a single lone female traveler so I was disappointed that I was on the ground floor, which is accessible from the car park. Over than that it was perfect, quiet, convenient location, lovely breakfast, comfortable bed. I couldn't get the WiFi to work, kept saying too many users, which was fine, other than that was great., And I would recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennickwebb
Hello Jennickwebb,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback following your stay.

I'm so pleased you found the hotel suited your needs whilst travelling on business to the area.

I was quite concerned to read some of your comments however, especially as we do operate a Lone Traveller Policy. I have now re-trained the front desk staff on the specific measures detailed in this policy. We do take extensive measures however to ensure our guest safety, so even if we are unable to meet one of the requirements for any reason (such as a higher floor room allocation) our other actions ensure guest safety. Of course, we also have a 24 hour reception operation adjacent to the ground floor rooms which help this.

I'm very happy that you would recommend the hotel and return to us, and please do contact me directly when you are booking with us next as I would like to take care of your reservation personally.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Did a one night stay here on the off chance and I have to say it was a great hotel. Location is very easy to get to and central for access to the M8. Lovely big comfy bed, everything you needed for a good nights sleep with all the mod cons you'd expect from a quality hotel. Only complaint would be that the room was slightly on the cold side and I couldn't work the air con :( apart from that worth every penny!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ionabrodie
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Hello Iona,

'Smashing hotel' - what a great recommendation. Thank you so much.

I'm very glad the hotel had everything you needed.

All of our rooms have full air conditioning systems for cool, dry and hot air. This is guest controlled so next time you're with us, just ask one of the team and we'll show you exactly how it operates.

Do get in touch when you're next booking so I can take care of your reservation personally.

Ullapool, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here for one night as we had a plane from Glasgow early in the morning. The rooms were really nice - clean, tidy, comfortable - and had all the facilities you would need. I slept well, the bed was.vert comfortable and the room was quiet despite the hotel being next to the road.
It's not too far from the airport (8/10 minute drive) so it was quite convenient for our stay.
The staff were all very friendly and did all they could to ensure we had a pleasant stay.
We didn't eat in the restaurant so I can't really comment on that although it didn't appear very inviting and there wasn't anyone else eating there. We did look at the menu though and it seemed quite good value.
Overall a good hotel,and handy for the airport. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Ian S
Hello Ian,

Delighted to read your comments following your stay with us.

I'm very pleased that you found the hotel clean and friendly. These are certainly two things which the team and I take pride in, so it's great to read you experienced this with us.

Please do get in touch directly when you're next travelling to the area and we'll ensure you get the best rate.

Doetinchem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night due to a late flight. This is a new hotel near Glasgow Airport behind the Ikea. Comfertable rooms, check in was smooth. What else is there to say. If you are looking for a hotel near Glasgow airport this is the right one.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank SvR1705
Hello SvR1705,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at the hotel.

I'm so glad you had a comfortable night which afforded you a good rest before flying.

We are about 8-10 minutes' drive along the motorway from the airport, however this usually means a much quieter environment, so I hope we'll be welcoming you back when next flying to or from Glasgow?

+44 141 886 1347
Motherwell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed here for 1 night with 2 of our friends. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. On arrival the girl at reception was lovely very professional and couldn't have been more helpful. I had requested 2 rooms beside each other which we got.
We were staying here as we had booked sledging and a meal at nearby Xscape, this hotel is excellent location for accessing here. Reception were great and called us taxi's.
We had a great sleep the beds are comfortable and check out was quick.
We're very likely to stay here again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lassie29
Hello Lassie,

What kind comments regarding your stay. My thanks on behalf of the whole team here at the hotel. I'm very glad they looked after you so well.

With the skiing and sledging season upon us, I do hope you'll be returning again soon to either Xcape or the Glasgow Ski & Snowboard Centre which we're also less than 10 minutes from.

Do feel free to get in touch when you need a booking with us on the details below, and I look forward to seeing you then.

ayrshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Firstly the young lady on reception (Catriona ) was fantastic and very professional. the rooms are very big, clean and tidy. first morning we went for breakfast, we were asked how we liked our eggs, fried, scrambled or poached, i asked for fried and a bit of scrambled and was told sorry you only get 1 egg along with 1 rasher 1 sausage 1 tattie scone and a little beans with 3 mushrooms. the next morning the breakfast was great we got the full works 2 sausages fried egg scrambled egg and a good laugh with the waiter. we also asked reception to book 2 taxi's to take us into the town center, only to see on the shuttle bus the next day that they do transfers into the town which no one told us about. over all it was a pleasant stay and would go again as long as it is the second waiter that is on duty.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank stewart_logan
Hello Stewart,

Many thanks for your feedback. I'm delighted to see that Catriona extended her usual warm welcome!

I'm glad you enjoyed your overall stay and would return. Please let me assure you that breakfast has been an area of focus in the recent month or so, with regards to what is on offer and consistency. This should apply to service also and I will be looking into this matter closely. The second day is certainly the true representation of our breakfast and should be the case every day.

Although we do have a shuttle bus at the moment, we tend to use this specifically for airport transfers when available. Unfortunately we are unable to staff this shuttle service all day and therefore never advertise it. We will only every offer it to our guests when it's available to ensure no one is disappointed.

Thank you again for your comments, and please do feel free to get in contact directly when you are returning so that I may take care of your reservation personally.

manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Anderston
Campanile Glasgow
Campanile Glasgow
#61 of 96 in Glasgow
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,065 reviews
Kings Park Hotel
#82 of 96 in Glasgow

Been to Campanile Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!