“Great value”

Campanile Glasgow Airport
Ranked #62 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Was at a gig at braehead arena and booked the campanile as close by. Great value as got a deal for £50, much cheaper than anywhere in area and was a clean and friendly hotel. Nice bar area and good food

• Stayed: October 2013
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Hello Charles_Sean,

Thank you for taking time to review your stop with us whilst attending a local gig.

I'm delighted that we've been able to offer you good value and a friendly service from the team.

With a lot more gigs planned at the Braehead Arena in the next year and of course at the fantastic new SSE Hydro just ten minutes away, I do hope we'll be welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on 12th October, checking out on Sunday 13th. The hotel was perfectly satisfactory in all aspects. Within 2 hours of leaving the hotel I discovered that I had left my brand new iphone5 charger in my bedroom. I phoned the hotel immediately and was assured it would be sent to me. Since then I have phoned every week to be told by a variety of staff that it would be dealt with/ had been posted. I tried to speak to a manager but all I could get was the 'duty' manager who was one of those who had promised me that it would dealt with. Shockingly poor service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HesterDundee_Angus

Hello HesterDundee,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your stay at the hotel.

I'm very glad that during your stay, all aspects were satisfactory for you.

I would like to address your point on the customer service of the team. Within 48 hours of you reporting to the hotel that you had left your property here, the reception team arranged for this to be posted. I have pointed out to them that they should have ensured this went recorded delivery and not normal first class with the hotel mail at our expense. Since then you have spoken with one of my Duty Managers (who is a manager) who investigated and lodged a query with the Royal Mail. After some time waiting for an answer from the Royal Mail service, the Duty Manager who dealt with you arranged for a second charger to be procured and sent to you, which I understand you have now received.

Whilst I am confident the team and the Manager who dealt with you have provided the necessary service, I do understand the inconvenience of having to wait for the item which you left. I have ensured that any and all lost property is now to be sent by recorded delivery as standard, which is a cost which we need to pass on unfortunately.

It's very disappointing that your rating of the hotel represents an issue which was partly out of the hotel's control and not your stay with us. Therefore I would be happy to have you return to the hotel as my guest for a complimentary night on a Bed & Breakfast basis in the hopes of restoring your faith. I have left my direct details below should you wish to take me up on this or if you wish to discuss the matter raised in more detail.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is perfect - the rooms are great, functional, and clean.

The location worked for me - although not very close to the airport, it is ideal if you want to go into Glasgow, or Braehead, or indeed IKEA!

The food is exceptionally competitively priced - simple but hits the spot! The bar has a good selection.

Really nice hotel for business or leisure stayover.

Will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Karl R
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Hello Karl,

I'm so glad to read that the hotel offered everything you needed.

Although we are between the airport and the city centre, the hotel has a great location for getting to either with plenty of things around it as you pointed out.

I'm delighted to see that you'll be coming back and hope to meet you next time your here!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here for one night as we were in Glasgow for the Stereophonics Concert at the new Hydro. We chose this particular Campanile Hotel mainly for the easy access to the excellent nearby Brahead Centre. We arrived at the hotel at 11.45pm and the lady on recepion was very pleasant and helpful. We loved the spacious room, comfy bed and pillows and the great power shower. Everything was spotless. We really enjoyed the continental breakfast the following morning and the cooked breakfast also looked delicious. We could not fault this hotel and look forward to returning sometime in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandrathistle
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Hello Sandra,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I'm extremely pleased to read your comments about the hotel and I do hope you enjoyed the Stereophonics! I'll also be sure to pass your comments onto Kelly for her great welcome to the hotel.

I do hope we'll be welcoming you back again soon. Perhaps for another concert at the Hydro since there are around 140 planned in the next year!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel on fri 1/11/13, arrived at the hotel in the evening. The location of the hotel is very good and right off the motorway (M8), very easy to find.

I stayed overnight with my wife and cousin. The service we received at check-in was very good the young lady at reception was very attentive very good customer service!!, we had a room on the first floor which was easy to find and get to, there was free wi-Fi throughout the hotel which was great. The hotel looked very clean also which is a must for me.

Overall this hotel was great for a one night stay and very close to shopping centres (braehead, ikea etc) and only a 10 min drive to the centre of Glasgow and the airport I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pauls1910
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Hello Paul,

I'm delighted to read your comments following your stay with us and very happy that Lindsay extended her usual warm welcome at check in. i'll certainly pass your comments along to her with my personal added thanks for taking good care of you.

It's great to read that you would return and I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here overnight on the 28th October. Arrived at 9pm as a single lone female traveler so I was disappointed that I was on the ground floor, which is accessible from the car park. Over than that it was perfect, quiet, convenient location, lovely breakfast, comfortable bed. I couldn't get the WiFi to work, kept saying too many users, which was fine, other than that was great., And I would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennickwebb

Hello Jennickwebb,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback following your stay.

I'm so pleased you found the hotel suited your needs whilst travelling on business to the area.

I was quite concerned to read some of your comments however, especially as we do operate a Lone Traveller Policy. I have now re-trained the front desk staff on the specific measures detailed in this policy. We do take extensive measures however to ensure our guest safety, so even if we are unable to meet one of the requirements for any reason (such as a higher floor room allocation) our other actions ensure guest safety. Of course, we also have a 24 hour reception operation adjacent to the ground floor rooms which help this.

I'm very happy that you would recommend the hotel and return to us, and please do contact me directly when you are booking with us next as I would like to take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Did a one night stay here on the off chance and I have to say it was a great hotel. Location is very easy to get to and central for access to the M8. Lovely big comfy bed, everything you needed for a good nights sleep with all the mod cons you'd expect from a quality hotel. Only complaint would be that the room was slightly on the cold side and I couldn't work the air con :( apart from that worth every penny!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ionabrodie
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Hello Iona,

'Smashing hotel' - what a great recommendation. Thank you so much.

I'm very glad the hotel had everything you needed.

All of our rooms have full air conditioning systems for cool, dry and hot air. This is guest controlled so next time you're with us, just ask one of the team and we'll show you exactly how it operates.

Do get in touch when you're next booking so I can take care of your reservation personally.

manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Courtyard by Marriott Glasgow Airport
Travelodge Glasgow Braehead
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport
Normandy Hotel
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew

Been to Campanile Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!