We stayed here on the 26th of October. It wasn't the first time but it will almost surely be the last. We found the reaction to our complaints was completely nonchalant. "The manager isn't here, there's nothing we can do".
I have since called to try and contact the manager but to no avail. So find myself posting here.
During our stay we found ourselves in a room which was incredibly warm due to I guess in part the non functioning air conditioner.
No big deal. We aren't the type to complain when looking for a cheap place to sleep after a night in the city.
However. The window being open led to us being constantly awoken by a group of drunk englishmen outside the main doors of the hotel at various points throughout the night.
We discovered they were on our floor when they begun banging on our door at 4.30am
Added to this, I assume the same people were responsible, in the middle of the night the room and hall was reeking of Marijuana.
So many times were we awoken through the night we ended up cancelling morning plans and checking out right on deadline just to catch up on sleep (which wasnt the greatest idea as we found last minute that the dispensers in the shower in our room hadnt been filled, thus we had nothing to wash with and had to leave at this point)
We were told at check out ,whilst being informed by a kid at the desk that there was nothing he could do, that we weren't the only ones to complain about this group of people throughout the night.
Typically this is where we stay when in the city. But they say you don't know the measure of a place until you see how they react to problems and I'm afraid the Campanile Glasgow Airports response to ours was absolutely pitiful
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Hotel is in a very prominent location: just 2 miles from Paisley Gilmour Street train station, 500 yards from Braehead shopping centre, 8 minutes drive from Glasgow Airport and just 1 minutes drive off M8 motorway junction 25A.(Postcode G51 4FB) which provides the perfect base for exploring one of Europe's most exciting cities and its beautiful surrounds. This purpose built modern fully air-conditioned hotel has 103 en-suite bedrooms, unlimited high-speed wi fi at £3 for 24 hours, FREE parking for all guest, 24 hr reception/access and has all the facilities you would expect from a large and successful modern hotel chain. This is our latest 4th generation Campanile Hotel with a contemporary decor at very competitive rates. All our bedrooms are en-suite with power shower, flat screen televisions, hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities. Why not book a table in our modern 60 seated fully licensed restaurant which provides a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy a variety of French, Scottish and continental cuisine, as well as daily chef's specials. The hotel also offers 4 conference rooms that can hold up to 100 people. All rooms have air conditioning and natural day light and will be set up to meet your desires. Our helpful, friendly team are always on hand to ensure your stay is relaxing and home from home experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Campanile Glasgow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Hotel Glasgow
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Scotland