“Would have gotten a better sleep in our car”

Campanile Glasgow Airport
Ranked #59 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Rothesay, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Would have gotten a better sleep in our car”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here on the 26th of October. It wasn't the first time but it will almost surely be the last. We found the reaction to our complaints was completely nonchalant. "The manager isn't here, there's nothing we can do".
I have since called to try and contact the manager but to no avail. So find myself posting here.

During our stay we found ourselves in a room which was incredibly warm due to I guess in part the non functioning air conditioner.
No big deal. We aren't the type to complain when looking for a cheap place to sleep after a night in the city.
However. The window being open led to us being constantly awoken by a group of drunk englishmen outside the main doors of the hotel at various points throughout the night.
We discovered they were on our floor when they begun banging on our door at 4.30am
Added to this, I assume the same people were responsible, in the middle of the night the room and hall was reeking of Marijuana.

So many times were we awoken through the night we ended up cancelling morning plans and checking out right on deadline just to catch up on sleep (which wasnt the greatest idea as we found last minute that the dispensers in the shower in our room hadnt been filled, thus we had nothing to wash with and had to leave at this point)

We were told at check out ,whilst being informed by a kid at the desk that there was nothing he could do, that we weren't the only ones to complain about this group of people throughout the night.

Typically this is where we stay when in the city. But they say you don't know the measure of a place until you see how they react to problems and I'm afraid the Campanile Glasgow Airports response to ours was absolutely pitiful

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Hello Christopher,

Whilst I greatly appreciate all constructive feedback for the hotel via this medium, I do feel I have to point out some inaccuracies in your review.

At no time did you report any issues with your air conditioning. In the past we have had issues with this system and have it monitored on a monthly basis and have found no faults in the past 6 months. If you had reported this to our reception team we would have been happy to have it looked at or move you to an alternative room.

I can assure you that there is a manger on duty at all time in the building, whom you did speak with on the day. I can also assure you that the entire management team are well equipped and experienced to do their job and have my full support as General Manager and your referral to my 25 year old Duty Manager as 'a kid' is simply inaccurate.

With regards to the guests who were vocal later on that evening in the hotel grounds whilst smoking, my team did speak with them and do everything within their power to stop the noise.

Furthermore, I have received no communication from you or any request made via any of my team with regards to the issues you experienced.

As a 103 bedroom hotel running 24/7 of course we encounter issues. The team at the hotel have proven time and again that they are customer service focussed as demonstrated by so many other reviews, and for this I am thankful to them.

Should you wish to discuss this matter with me further, my direct contact details are below.

0141 886 8081
manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
Scotland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Whenever I go on holiday and fly from Glasgow I normally stay at the Campanile. It is a bit misleading saying its at Glasgow airport as it is a fair wee drive away. I find the rooms comfortable, modern and clean - that is all I ask for when in need of some good sleep. Plus if you book in advance you can get a good deal.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Hello Mllmscl,

Many thanks for your review following your most recent stay at the hotel. I'm delighted that you've stayed with us a few times and hopefully will continue to do so.

We do try very hard to ensure that the hotel's location is as clear as possible for all who would book. The fact is, we are not at the airport, but within a proximity allowing travel by car along with motorway in under 10 minutes.

It's good to read that you find our rooms comfortable, and of course we will continue to offer discounts off our daily rates the further out you book to deliver the best value.

Helensburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Was at a gig at braehead arena and booked the campanile as close by. Great value as got a deal for £50, much cheaper than anywhere in area and was a clean and friendly hotel. Nice bar area and good food

• Stayed October 2013
Hello Charles_Sean,

Thank you for taking time to review your stop with us whilst attending a local gig.

I'm delighted that we've been able to offer you good value and a friendly service from the team.

With a lot more gigs planned at the Braehead Arena in the next year and of course at the fantastic new SSE Hydro just ten minutes away, I do hope we'll be welcoming you back again soon!

Dundee, Angus
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on 12th October, checking out on Sunday 13th. The hotel was perfectly satisfactory in all aspects. Within 2 hours of leaving the hotel I discovered that I had left my brand new iphone5 charger in my bedroom. I phoned the hotel immediately and was assured it would be sent to me. Since then I have phoned every week to be told by a variety of staff that it would be dealt with/ had been posted. I tried to speak to a manager but all I could get was the 'duty' manager who was one of those who had promised me that it would dealt with. Shockingly poor service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HesterDundee_Angus
Hello HesterDundee,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your stay at the hotel.

I'm very glad that during your stay, all aspects were satisfactory for you.

I would like to address your point on the customer service of the team. Within 48 hours of you reporting to the hotel that you had left your property here, the reception team arranged for this to be posted. I have pointed out to them that they should have ensured this went recorded delivery and not normal first class with the hotel mail at our expense. Since then you have spoken with one of my Duty Managers (who is a manager) who investigated and lodged a query with the Royal Mail. After some time waiting for an answer from the Royal Mail service, the Duty Manager who dealt with you arranged for a second charger to be procured and sent to you, which I understand you have now received.

Whilst I am confident the team and the Manager who dealt with you have provided the necessary service, I do understand the inconvenience of having to wait for the item which you left. I have ensured that any and all lost property is now to be sent by recorded delivery as standard, which is a cost which we need to pass on unfortunately.

It's very disappointing that your rating of the hotel represents an issue which was partly out of the hotel's control and not your stay with us. Therefore I would be happy to have you return to the hotel as my guest for a complimentary night on a Bed & Breakfast basis in the hopes of restoring your faith. I have left my direct details below should you wish to take me up on this or if you wish to discuss the matter raised in more detail.

manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com
Alness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is perfect - the rooms are great, functional, and clean.

The location worked for me - although not very close to the airport, it is ideal if you want to go into Glasgow, or Braehead, or indeed IKEA!

The food is exceptionally competitively priced - simple but hits the spot! The bar has a good selection.

Really nice hotel for business or leisure stayover.

Will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Karl R
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Hello Karl,

I'm so glad to read that the hotel offered everything you needed.

Although we are between the airport and the city centre, the hotel has a great location for getting to either with plenty of things around it as you pointed out.

I'm delighted to see that you'll be coming back and hope to meet you next time your here!

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here for one night as we were in Glasgow for the Stereophonics Concert at the new Hydro. We chose this particular Campanile Hotel mainly for the easy access to the excellent nearby Brahead Centre. We arrived at the hotel at 11.45pm and the lady on recepion was very pleasant and helpful. We loved the spacious room, comfy bed and pillows and the great power shower. Everything was spotless. We really enjoyed the continental breakfast the following morning and the cooked breakfast also looked delicious. We could not fault this hotel and look forward to returning sometime in the near future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandrathistle
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Hello Sandra,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I'm extremely pleased to read your comments about the hotel and I do hope you enjoyed the Stereophonics! I'll also be sure to pass your comments onto Kelly for her great welcome to the hotel.

I do hope we'll be welcoming you back again soon. Perhaps for another concert at the Hydro since there are around 140 planned in the next year!

glasgowairport@campanile.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Anderston
Campanile Glasgow
Campanile Glasgow
#62 of 95 in Glasgow

Been to Campanile Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!